Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight OUTTA Compton great a movie about rap!
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:07am
Great

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:25am
Yup. I agree. I have absolutely zero desire to see this. Also sick of constantly seeing the trailer. I wish rap would go away. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:36am
Straight outta Compton & into the sewer.

Which is kinda redundant, really.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:39am
What's this about?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:45am
It about how the rap industry started, which frankly I don't care about. Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, and others are mentioned.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:46am
So basically its a movie that goes

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM with a pounding drum beat all the way through, on top of which is a crapload of swearing.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:07am
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

What's this about?
ErmmAnother miserable attempt to justify and glorify thuglife. Gangstas wanna watch gangsta flics they can relate to.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:17am
I'm just gonna assume there's going to be a lot of people in the movie that damn near require subtitles to understand their ghetto gibberish, and a storyline where "deyz life beez hard n' sheeitz when dey was yung" and about their quest to escape the ghetto by their "music" that sounds the exact same as hundreds of other rapper wannabes out there.

I honestly do not know what so many people see in rap/hip-hop these days. Aside from the addition of a few techno influences in the last few years, the genre has seen very little progression, if any. A rap song today sounds just about the same as one from 2000.

It's staler than disco, and pretty much deserves to leave the scene of music history the same way.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I'm just gonna assume there's going to be a lot of people in the movie that damn near require subtitles to understand their ghetto gibberish, and a storyline where "deyz life beez hard n' sheeitz when dey was yung" and about their quest to escape the ghetto by their "music" that sounds the exact same as hundreds of other rapper wannabes out there.

I honestly do not know what so many people see in rap/hip-hop these days. Aside from the addition of a few techno influences in the last few years, the genre has seen very little progression, if any. A rap song today sounds just about the same as one from 2000.

It's staler than disco, and pretty much deserves to leave the scene of music history the same way.

lol! eyo dawgh! eu ghot sum monhey?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:34am
Check this out. They way they talk is little better than caveman grunting it's so unevolved.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:12am
I remember one of my "Friends," on IMDB being from Compton, and posters laughing their asses off, saying something like, "Look at straight laced Donathan trying to fool us into thinking he could actually last in Compton..."

But about the movie, I remembered rolling my eyes when I saw this trailer. One of my very first thoughts was, "Really? Didn't they recently do a Biography Movie on Biggie Smalls? Now they are doing a movie on NWA? Get out of here! But, at least it is about when Rap Music was actually good, talking about trials and tribulations of living in the Ghetto, and just trying to stay alive, and not the Rap today which is about how much money, flashy jewelry, cars, women, and houses they have.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:06am
^How in the name of the Emperor's butt hole did you make this about you? Oh wait, I forgot, everything is about you.

Anyway, I don't have any feelings one way or the other about this movie. I'm not interested in rap, so I won't go see it/rent it... but I understand why it would be made... Because there ARE people out there interested and will go see it. It'll make money, they'll make another one, just like every movie about every other everything out there.

Look for this treasure in a 3-foot cardboard cube in the back corner of a Walmart just in time for the Holidays.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:54pm
To quote the classic film Trading Places...

"They're a very musical people, aren't they?"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:21pm

I love rap music, especially the violent lyrical content. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 4:39pm
"...when rap music was actually good..."

Rip, rap, rippity rap, a rip rap rippity do!!

Yeah, that was just soooo good.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love rap music, especially the violent lyrical content. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

LOL
Is that roof high enough...or does it need to be raised?!
Thor gets props from a close friend!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:39pm

Rap music is all about real life---my life---my life on the streets, keepin' it real. That's why I love it so.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:42pm
^^^
LOL
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:47pm
Rap music is NOT music!! It's annoying noise with some guy talking at about 150 words a minute. And most of the rap songs nowadays are about sex, drugs, women, nasty things that little kids shouldn't hear but unfortunately do due to the nature of media nowadays. And we wonder why they get into Grand Theft Auto and Beats By Dr. Dre by middle school 5th grade...
This movie should go down the drain, like what I think rap music should do. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:00pm
^ConfusedI hear what you are saying...but can you tel us how do you really feel about RAP?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Great

I'm not gonna give them the pleasure of posting the video.
It does help us know what's being talked about.

When rapping was cool.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Great

I'm not gonna give them the pleasure of posting the video.

It does help us know what's being talked about.

/DIV]

When rapping was cool.

Fine, I'll post it.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:07pm
Why does everyone think rap is just "yo homie yo yo yo?"LOL

Maybe you guys have been listening to too much "pop rap" of today to not know about the other good stuff that is not just a load of crap. A lot of the rap today is pure garbage but songs like this from back in the day are very good and he's not just talking nonsense. Compare this song to a stupid "pop rap lyrics" of today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

It's like hearing Garth Brooks and saying "country sucks" without hearing Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:15pm
^No it isn't. Ain't nuthin' but a bunch of monkeydrivel or chimpjizm by boyz with girly braids.
Having said that, you're allowed an opinion, even if wrong.
Nice to hear from you again. Wink
Yo.
Werd.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

posting the video.

When rapping was cool.

Fine, I'll post it.
I posted the video, no need to be defensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic