Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NO good cartoons on TV!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EricTHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NO good cartoons on TV!!!
    Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:01pm
Boomerang died out on me lately since January and Toon Disney went bad 10 years ago including Jetix in there.

On Disney Channel we have nothing but stupid sitcoms, and boring shows, and Disney XD shouldn't have been made in the first place. Then Cartoon Network is just Teen Titans Go (Seriously, whoever made this show...) and Amazing World of Gumball with no variety. On Boomerang it's just repeats of Scooby Doo and the same Tom and Jerry shorts over and over.

Because of this, I have been going on a wild goose just to get most of the shows I loved as a kid on DVD, and been nothing but a waste of gas in my car, and I'm potentially going to have to just resort to buying them off eBay if this keeps up. And guess what? Shows like Bonkers and Quick Draw McGraw AREN'T even on DVD!

Netflix does not carry many old TV shows that I grew up with, and it's very aggravating that I'm wasting almost 10 dollars a month because Netflix doesn't have much.
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:13pm
Adventure Time & Steven Universe

:P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EricTHoff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EricTHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:20pm
Tried watching those, got kind of boring. The art style these days is so bland.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:26pm
well, I'm watching for the story, so that might be the difference.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:47pm
Does anyone remember "Kimba the White Lion?" I LOVED that cartoon as a kid. Wish they would air that again.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:49pm
I have the original Japanese dub on a hard drive somewhere. It was a really cute show, Msmadz.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:49pm
There's been a rally on "art-free" cartoons lately. I only call them art-free because of the simplicity of the art style. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, China, IL (on the more mature levels) all look like 8-year-olds drew them... but I agree with Papa, the stories are good (except China, IL... which is funny on a purely bizarre level). Then again, I actually like the art style...or styles, of Gumball, the mish-mash appeals to me. Plus some of the stories are fun (eps. The Remote, The Picnic)

I also agree that pickings are slimmer than they used to be, but it seems that the shorter the attention spans of kids get, the more Teen Titans-y the shows get.

Personally, I could go for a couple more series like Avatar, The Last Airbender (Kora fell short for me)... THAT was a story.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 7:51pm
Gumball is a really lovely show, the photo-realistic backgrounds, the combo of live-actuion, puppet, traditional, and CGI characters...I really do like it, but it's becoming more of a guilty-pleasure show since it seems to be in a bit of a rut.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EricTHoff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricTHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

There's been a rally on "art-free" cartoons lately. I only call them art-free because of the simplicity of the art style. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, China, IL (on the more mature levels) all look like 8-year-olds drew them... but I agree with Papa, the stories are good (except China, IL... which is funny on a purely bizarre level). Then again, I actually like the art style...or styles, of Gumball, the mish-mash appeals to me. Plus some of the stories are fun (eps. The Remote, The Picnic)

I also agree that pickings are slimmer than they used to be, but it seems that the shorter the attention spans of kids get, the more Teen Titans-y the shows get.

Personally, I could go for a couple more series like Avatar, The Last Airbender (Kora fell short for me)... THAT was a story.

So what? The early and mid 90s were completely versatile with cartoon choices. You wanted comedy? You had Animaniacs and Bonkers. You wanted Adventure? You had TaleSpin and Ducktales. You wanted Action? You had Darkwing Duck and Batman TAS. Nowadays, it's just... blech.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
So what? Stop living in the past, that's so what.

GUMBALL IS THE FUTURE!! GET ONBOARD OR GET LEFT BEHIND!!

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by EricTHoff EricTHoff wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

So what? The early and mid 90s were completely versatile with cartoon choices. You wanted comedy? You had Animaniacs and Bonkers. You wanted Adventure? You had TaleSpin and Ducktales. You wanted Action? You had Darkwing Duck and Batman TAS. Nowadays, it's just... blech.

I miss those days everything was so cool back then, they KNEW how to DRAW cartoons back then. The humor? Priceless! I especially loved Good Idea and   Bad Idea and Pinky and The Brain! "What do we do Brain?" "Same thing do every night Pinky find an idea on how to take over the world!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:52pm
Anyway... what I'm getting at is that SOME of today's cartoons are decent if you give them a chance. I never said the old stuff wasn't better. The fact of the matter is, not only have the cartoons changed (for various reasons, gub'mint regulations being among them), but we, as viewers, have changed as well. You were age 3 - 10 back when Darkwing Duck was making evil-doers suck gas, and your perceptions have changed since then. Much like as a child I didn't like steak, but I do now... I watch Animaniacs now, and it's not nearly as amusing as it was back then.

Ever see Popeye or Tex Avery cartoons any more? Nope, because someone somewhere got offended by the "undertones". Same thing with superheroes who aren't chibi-fied. Young Justice? Justice League Unlimited? Too violent for impressionable young minds (but damn good). Even Tom and Jerry (classic) has been edited for offensive content. 

Like I said before, it's the future... get used to it. Eventually someone somewhere will see what they think is a penis in the background of Steven Universe and that show will get pulled too. 

EricTHoff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricTHoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 10:02pm
I remember when Family Guy was good... then Season 5 happened...

Back when Animaniacs was new I really didn't pay much attention, but now I feel like it's one of the funniest things I ever saw.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 11:51pm
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:03am
Me too. I second everyone on here that defended Gumball. Gumball is actually a very good show. I usually get a laugh or enjoyment out of every episode of Gumball. Fun fact. Gumball was originally founded in Britain!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:25am
Now I hate it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I have all of these of these titles except Captain Kangaroo on DVD (I don't know what version of The Lone Ranger CBS had at the time (Most likely the animated "Steampunk" version which aired in the 1960s), but many stations also aired the 1950s version with Clayton Moore) but I have both versions sitting on my shelf (Thanks ioffer!). LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:03am
I miss getting stoned and watching Space Ghost. Also miss Dexters Laboratory, Beavis and Butthead, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Pinky and the Brain, the original Ren and Stimpy, and Spliced. Of course these are on top of some of the originals like Tom and Jerry, the Roadrunner, Speedy Gonzales, The chipmunks, Darkwing Duck, Yosemite Sam, and tons of others. I guess now it's just Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, South Park, Brickleberry, Mr. Pickles, Metalocalypse, Archer, and Bob's Burgers. I do recommend Courage the Cowardly Dog and Spliced. Trippy and fun.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:11am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I miss getting stoned and watching Space Ghost. Also miss Dexters Laboratory, Beavis and Butthead, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Pinky and the Brain, the original Ren and Stimpy, and Spliced. Of course these are on top of some of the originals like Tom and Jerry, the Roadrunner, Speedy Gonzales, The chipmunks, Darkwing Duck, Yosemite Sam, and tons of others. I guess now it's just Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, South Park, Brickleberry, Mr. Pickles, Metalocalypse, Archer, and Bob's Burgers. I do recommend Courage the Cowardly Dog and Spliced. Trippy and fun.

Some of my favorites. Thumbs Up

But yeah, now I hate Gumball.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:40pm

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:47pm
Gumball is actually a good show. Don't hate it just because I admitted I like it too.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

FM9150 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FM9150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

You forgot about the very stale and very outdated Simpsons.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Gumball is actually a good show. Don't hate it just because I admitted I like it too.....
its good and funny but after watching it a awhile if gets predictable and repititive. If you really want off the wall silliness try Uncle Granpa!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 6:10pm
I liked Uncle Grandpa at first, when it was a weird surreal sort of imaginary friend taking kids off on adventures to teach them odd lessons about life.

Now I'm finding it a bit too...random and plotless and silly.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 7:02pm
I wish they'd give these guys a weekly series....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic