Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your biggest real life fails?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your biggest real life fails?
    Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 1:41pm
In college, our Professor told us that he could translate anything we said in English to French. My classmates said normal things like "The weather is nice today," What time is it?" And, "I would like to see a movie today." He translated into French for them, and I....well,    I said, "I love The Power Rangers," Yep it's true. I was a 21 year old College Junior admitting he loved The Power Rangers. The class was like, LOL, WTF . The Professor just had a WTF expression... He did not translate that for me. God, what a fail!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 2:07pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm
You attended college????  Embarrassed   The bullsh*t machine just won't quit.
Is that why you have the high paying cashiers job?
There is no grey area, you are a f**king liar, whatever you say reaks of bullsh*t.
Get over yourself dude, you just show up as sick around here.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm
I used "fail" as a noun once.

Oh wait, never did that. Guess I'm doing okay.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You attended college????  Embarrassed   The bullsh*t machine just won't quit. 

Made it to Junior, no less. Toughed out 2+ years of college yet has no aspirations beyond "Hello, my name is".

Right.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:55pm
He didn't finish because they didn't have any available degrees for his desired job as a sperm bank fluffer.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

He didn't finish because they didn't have any available degrees for his desired job as a sperm bank fluffer.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:15am
Actually my major in college was Customer Service.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:25am
And you did your thesis on Loyalty Program Enrollment.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:28am
Really, Darth, my major in college was Customer Service!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:31am
Waste of money. You don't need a degree to be qualified to ask people if they'd like some gum or a candy bar today.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:38am
Darth. I didn't pay out of pocket... The Government paid for my college. Thank you, Government!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 1:44am
That makes it so much better... a taxpayer education that someone might have actually used getting pissed away by someone who didn't use or deserve it.

Provided that it's not all more Donnash*t, which it is, so... 

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 2:05am
Darth, there is a personal reason why the government paid for my college.....

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 5:01am
Guessing this Donathan thread can now be included in his other "greatest internet fails" one...
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

And MrTim, you're probably right. But let's entertain the fool.

What was the "personal" reason that the government paid for your college? Because they certainly didn't want to pay for mine.. Inquiring minds want to know.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

And MrTim, you're probably right. But let's entertain the fool.

What was the "personal" reason that the government paid for your college? Because they certainly didn't want to pay for mine.. Inquiring minds want to know.

Unless it has something to do with him having both mommy and daddy parts, I really don't even want to hear it.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm
The Government paid for my college because I had learning disabilities in school....

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 3:56pm
I figured you still do have a disability otherwise you wouldn't act the way you do.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:32pm
Speaking about real life fails, I innocently asked a young woman customer in her 20's if the older gentleman(who appeared to be in his 70's if that was her Grandfather. She coldly replied, "That's none of your business," and looked annoyed. I thought, "Holy crap! She might just report me!" I tried to diffuse the situation by admitting I shouldn't have asked that question and apologizing. She nodded, but still looked annoyed. Later, my Assistant Manager told me she complained about me, and said the customer said I shouldn't have asked any personal questions. (I had a feeling that she was going to report me, which is why I immediately apologized. It didn't work) I explained that it was just an innocent question, and my AM acknowledged that I was just being innocent and naive, but told me to think personal questions through before I asked them.... My coworker kind of saw the customer's point. Said, "It's kind of cute and understandable when a little kid asks that kind of question, but weird as hell and kind of stupid when a grown man asks that question." My own family asked why I asked her that question.......What a huge fail!

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:45pm
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.  Especially when you work in retail.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:52pm
I'm known to speak without thinking at my job..... I even told a Customer who was battling double Cancers that it was horrible that he had double Cancers. My coworker was shocked and admonished me saying, "Cancer victims don't want sympathy!"

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 6:55pm
Is that the customer service they taught you in college?

"Nosey Creep 101"?
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 7:05pm
I still don't think it was all that wrong that I asked innocently if the older gentleman was her Grandfather. I only apologized because she made it clear that she was annoyed and I didn't want her to report me....

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 7:10pm
It's wrong because NOTHING about a customer's personal life is any of your business. You're there to put the NyQuil in the bag and make sure they get their receipt. Unless you know the person, or they initiate conversation, your comments need to be generically related to the transaction... nothing more. 

Bad Donna, no credits this semester.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic