Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Robot (USA Channel)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 4:46am
^that's what I feel like when I realized how moist I was getting over some of the motherboards I was looking at...>.>
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:18am
Just don't get the motherboard moist.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 5:21pm
Shocked'bout fell out of my chair as the final scene in the second episode closed. All too familiar - down to Christian Slater's final words about breaking a trust (but what he did was even more jaw-dropping). The show is dark, but real - Iiiiiii like it!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 6:51pm

There was a replay of the first episode on, I haven't seen the second one yet.

I like that dark stuff, like Bate's Motel.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:21pm
^Hint: when you see the second episode and it is coming to a close on the boardwalk, turn down everything else and pay real close attention - don't miss a second. It is SO very messed up - but you'll be able to relate to it.
We have free cable 'On Demand', here. This makes it easy to pull up previously-shown episodes. 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
I have On Demand, I'll see if I can find it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I have On Demand, I'll see if I can find it.
USA Network, Mr Robot.
Interesting footnote: After the initial pilot aired, the show was signed up for a second season. I can't recall seeing anything like that before.

I use On Demand pretty heavily -  I really like the way you can set up a 'marathon day' if you want (I've done that with 'The Blacklist')
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:41pm
review of episode 3===>>Direct Link To This Post
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:02pm
I'm getting episode 3 now on TV, parts are captioned so I'm having trouble concentrating.

Delightfully strange sh*t going on in this series.  I love it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:22pm
^Yea - and what hit me strange was the graphical heated homo sex scene - on regular catv. I didn't think they were allowed to do that kind of stuff when kids or Christians might be awake and watching t.v....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:24pm
LOL
In the middle of the day, on the USA network.

Pretty serious subject matter.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:44pm
ShockedDid you see the end of episode 2, yet? It is why Elliot woke up in the hospital and rates right up there as one of rhe very most f**ked up & brutal moves I've ever seenLOL - so gentle, yet so far - such a drop - and only worthy of being pulled off with a with a smile by none other than Christian Slater!
~~~
Also - in episode 3, Elliot defines 'bug' for all the listeners.
He defines TODAY'S 'bug', and really...incorrectly.
I've been creating and shooting them for 50 years - hardware, micro/machine code, and software - and his definition is actually wrong unless it is intentional, in which case I do not refer to them as bugs. The 'bug' is the human element in architecture design and coding where we get something wrong. 
Sometimes horribly with huge consequences.
Now...I used the word 'WE' as if I had mice in my pocket, thus making it an industry-wide fact of life for the profession. This could leave some believing even *we* make mistakes!Disapprove That is just not possible.Approve
I be WOLF, father - ancestor of DOG (for the dyslexic...LOL)

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedDid you see the end of episode 2, yet? It is why Elliot woke up in the hospital and rates right up there as one of rhe very most f**ked up & brutal moves I've ever seenLOL - so gentle, yet so far - such a drop - and only worthy of being pulled off with a with a smile by none other than Christian Slater!
~~~
I've been creating and shooting them for 50 years - hardware, micro/machine code, and software - and his definition is actually wrong unless it is intentional, in which case I do not refer to them as bugs. The 'bug' is the human element in architecture design and coding where we get something wrong. 
Now...I used the word 'WE' as if I had mice in my pocket, thus making it an industry-wide fact of life for the profession. This could leave some believing even *we* make mistakes!Disapprove That is just not possible.Approve

Yep, I was paying attention or I would have missed it.
Bam!  Have a nice fall!  Right out of nowhere.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:03pm

The beginning of episode 1 (in the donut shop) is simply a new-day classic - one of the best opening scenes for a series, ever.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 2:14am
Last week was a weird episode, should one not be familiar with addiction, withdrawls, and recovery - *I* thought it was pretty damned good and 'close to home'.
THIS WEEK is going to be a genuine stress-testing gut-wrencher; comes on in 45 minutes - don't miss it - I sure won't!Wink .

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 6:33am
ShockedConfusedBig smileConfused
Thumbs UpMy brains are scrambled, my mind is reeling. I'm MENTALLY EXHAUSTED.
Missed last Wednesday's episode, so I just finished watching it...SO many twists and turns, but so much makes sense now. This episode was at least as good, if not better than the pilot. Of course one can find tiny things at which to nitpick, but they are tiny...but not this last episode!
Next week is the season finale. Think I'm going to hop in a car and find a quiet spot 500 miles away to watch it.
Simply put, 'Mr. Robot' is the best series to hit the little screen since maybe 'Longmire', which got cancelled for corporate political and financial reasons. This series is absolutely in a league of its own.Thumbs Up
I do know a second season was approved...but, as intense as the series was and the way the story has unfolded to date, I actually could see it wrapping up and ending after one season. I can't imagine where they are going to take it next season...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm
I love this show too, they had better be working on another season.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:49am
I liked the first episode, then...it was just sorta there. I don't know how many I wound up watching, 5 maybe, but at that point, I was like, eh, forget it, this just isn't that interesting.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

~~~

Yep, I was paying attention or I would have missed it.
Bam!  Have a nice fall!  Right out of nowhere.
See in episode 9 where Elliot tosses daddy out the same window he got tossed out of and what happened immediately after? Pretty 'heavy' and makes one reflect on everything before...and come to the realization of how very mentally screwed up Elliot is when he comes to the realization HE is 'Mr. Robot'. Now one as to reflect on the entire series and every scene Slater was in - and come to understand Slater's 'Mr. Robot' was simply another side of Elliot - and it's all perfect, it all fits.
Now that Elliot understands himself better, I can't see a slot for Slater, next year.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 11:12pm
Anyone see the season finale?
Holy cow!
For the fans - I'll say no more except SEE IT!
Can't wait for next season - buuuuuut - I've got all episodes availabe via OnDemand to hold me over for a bit....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 8:17pm
Big smileThumbs UpClap I'm gonna be a vegetable on Tuesday!!!
~~~
What  : Mr. Robot Marathon (yup, entire first season!)
When : Tuesday, 29 December, 11 A.M. start
Where: USA Channel
~~~

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 8:42pm
Thumbs Up I better leave myself a note.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic