Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yoplait "25% Less Sugar"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yoplait "25% Less Sugar"
    Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:19pm
I can think of no other way to describe these commercials than: "WTF"?  They seem to be again courting the "quirky" "hipster" demo here.  And that is one of, if not THE worst, fake French accents I have ever heard.  I almost think "Swapportunity" was less annoying than this.

25% less sugar?  How about 100% less of these annoying ads?

"Blueberry" version:

"Strawberry" version:

Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:39pm
Shhh! Don't say swapportunity, it'll come!

No, yeah though, these are beyond annoying. I eat a Yoplait almost every day, but these might bring down the ol' boycott.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:44am
My wife absolutely detests the blueberry one. Every time it comes on, she's like "shut the f**k up before I knock that fake accent out of you, along with those teeth." Funny thing is, she thought the chick was trying to do German or asian, or a mix of both. LOL That's how bad the accent is. I'll have to show her the strawberry one as a little video "surprise". Evil Smile
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 6:01am
I haven't seen those around these parts. They are beyond stupid. I'll make it a point to buy another brand.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 7:13pm
So so so annoying. I hate that it's subtitled, I hate her quirkiness, and I hate the french accent with a lisp or whatever she's trying to do.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 7:27pm
This is beyond moronic! Its like someone tried to do a mod 60s type of commercial, but failed!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 11:04pm
One could only hope she slips on some yogurt and falls down those stairs.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

One could only hope she slips on some yogurt and falls down those stairs.

"YoPlait whoops!"*thunkthunkthunk thunk thunk* CRASH!*

DAMN AUTOCORRECT STOP IT!
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 2:32am
Was Pomplamoose was hired to push Yoplait?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 2:57am

I glanced up at this ad on TV for a second the other day.  Thought she was supposed to be Swedish.

She's really annoying.  The hair, the clothes, the red lipstick, the voice---all bad.

If they're gonna go with French, why not something like this:

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 4:21am
Wow, these are just beyond weird! Visually these are stupid and goofy, now add the moron that can barely speak English that these need subtitles. Give me a break! Angry

arekaybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arekaybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 4:55pm
I know it's fun to post here, but if you post here - http://consumercontacts.generalmills.com/ConsolidatedContact.aspx?page=http://www.generalmills.com&js=True - you may make more of an impact.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 5:02pm

^  I'd rather just complain to the choir.

I don't really hate any commercials enough to complain to the advertisers or company about them.  My main gripe is their repetitiveness...and the fact that commercials exist in the first place.  But I don't expect that stuff to change.

missdine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:50am
It looks like they're trying to be all French and "cute" and put Amelie in the commercial - the Audrey Tautou haircut and the fact that she doesn't speak

It's so annoyingly faux artsy
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 3:37am
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

I can think of no other way to describe these commercials than: "WTF"?  They seem to be again courting the "quirky" "hipster" demo here.  And that is one of, if not THE worst, fake French accents I have ever heard.  I almost think "Swapportunity" was less annoying than this.

25% less sugar?  How about 100% less of these annoying ads?

"Blueberry" version:

"Strawberry" version:

Definitely hipster but, at least this girl looks like she bathes and has no pit hair. Sorry to my French friends but that accent is just damn grating. BTW, another lame commercial.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 4:31am
Originally posted by missdine missdine wrote:

It looks like they're trying to be all French and "cute" and put Amelie in the commercial - the Audrey Tautou haircut and the fact that she doesn't speak

It's so annoyingly faux artsy

I had to look that name up...but you're right!  She even has a spoon.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 4:47am
I was thinking that too, but didn't want to admit it...ugh...

The Yoplait qunts have ruined a good film for me, now...and by association crème brule

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:12pm
"Faux artsy" - that's the perfect description of these.

There are, by the way, short versions of both of these commercials which are only slightly less irritating.  At least the short version of the Strawberry spot chops out her moronic dancing at the beginning.

I have a big box of Gogurts in my freezer and now whenever I eat one I'll be thinking of this commercial.  I usually eat Dannon - I've been trying to avoid Yoplait products like the plague ever since "Swapportunity" and through the other irritating campaigns they've had since (the "book club" ditz, Miss "Orange Cremm," "And we were like... and you were like...", and now this).  Yoplait is the Wendy's and Progressive of yogurt - they seem to try extra hard to make their commercials irritating.
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 7:50am
*remembers strawberry commercial* o.O what...the...heck...did i just watch? that was my first thought after seeing that. not so much bothered by it as i just hadn't seen one of those commercials before that i remember.
mv3668 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mv3668 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 6:17pm
I hate these commercials so much!  I'm in ad research and I'm guessing they had to add subtitles because test viewers said they couldn't understand what li'l frenchie was saying. 

If you have to add subtitles to a commercial, it aint good!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 6:33pm
The only positive is the Yoplait logo looks good by itself without the extraneous attached to it! I would hope they don't change the font and get rid of the swoosh and flower and let the wordmark breathe. Probably won't happen but I can dream.
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 12:41am
This commercial is one of the only ones in which I absolutely MUST change the channel.  I seriously want to beat that grin off that stupid woman's face.  
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

"Faux artsy" - that's the perfect description of these.

There are, by the way, short versions of both of these commercials which are only slightly less irritating.  At least the short version of the Strawberry spot chops out her moronic dancing at the beginning.

I have a big box of Gogurts in my freezer and now whenever I eat one I'll be thinking of this commercial.  I usually eat Dannon - I've been trying to avoid Yoplait products like the plague ever since "Swapportunity" and through the other irritating campaigns they've had since (the "book club" ditz, Miss "Orange Cremm," "And we were like... and you were like...", and now this).  Yoplait is the Wendy's and Progressive of yogurt - they seem to try extra hard to make their commercials irritating.

Personally I prefer Fage. Plain. I add my own honey or fruit.
variability View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote variability Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 8:59am
Um. You do know that the voice over is actually done by a French woman...
LOL  Clap  Big smile

"As a nod to Yoplait's French heritage, we wanted a real French voice to narrate the work. We didn't want an American pretending to do a funny French voice . . . her name is Julie, she's French, and she owns a sock shop up the street."

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/ad-day-wk-gets-yoplait-back-touch-its-adorable-french-side-165140

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 1:51pm
Variability, welcome to CIH. Judging by your very first post, you're going to have a very fun and good time here....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic