Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dollar Shave Club- Pay Up (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dollar Shave Club- Pay Up (video)
    Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:53pm
I thought these commercials were kinda clever and funny.
Things have taken a nasty turn. A guy stripped to his underwear? And I could do without the slap on the ass as well.  Boooo!!

Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 6:26pm
The first Dollar Shave Club commercial was great, everything since has been a downhill slide.

This one's just stupid.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

The first Dollar Shave Club commercial was great, everything since has been a downhill slide.

This one's just stupid.

Agreed.  They oughta just let that spokesman/owner guy do the commercials.  He's pretty good at it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 6:46pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:19pm
^LOL Yeah, that one. THAT is a good commercial.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
The very first one was brilliant and funny! After that they've sucked. Should've stuck with the original!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 11:11pm
73 % voted spot on vs. 26% boo. Not sure what's up with that.Confused
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:34am
First one was "f**king great". The rest of them kinda suck. But still much better than a lot of the sh*tty ads out right now. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
noskcaj View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noskcaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:22pm
The first one's were funny but not that cleaver since it's just look at me coincidentally act like Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

All these companies claims that razors are all expensive aren't reflective of my experience. 20 bucks a month? Sounds like 18 more than I spend. Disposables are 8.50  for 12.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:29pm
The difference for me being that the first DSC commercial got a chuckle out of me, whereas ASiP never accomplished this. I'm tempted to do the research, but I can't justify subjecting myself to Charlie Day just to see if this commercial is a sitcom ripoff.

LOL
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:54am
I hate all the violent, angry ones. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 1:05am
The commercial with the boy what gets all spanked on the butt? He's a weenie. ANY boy who gets butt-spanked is a weenie, if not a long-time Oscar Meyer whistle blower fan.
Real men can afford razors and kill those who attempt to spank them. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:12am
I'm sure it's in rotation, but AdChoices is inserting Harry's shave advertising in the page when viewed here on CIH.

Ironic, to say the least.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 10:44am
They really need to make a new commercial.
I'm getting really tired of this snotty bitch.
She's talking on the phone. Angry
She's smacking her big DS lips while chewing gum. Angry
Not enough money, give me your stuff. STFU whore!
She smacked something out of his hand at the end. Angry

What a bitch!!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What a bitch!!

Agree 100%. I am also unable to identify what is slapped out of his hand. For the last 2 years I have not encountered blades being "locked up" so the concept/message of this horrible commercial is probably outdated.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:34pm

I can't figure out what the coffee cup being slapped out of his hand is about, either.

But considering the price of cartridges, plus the stealability of them, it's probably not a bad idea to lock them up in some areas.

As I mentioned here before, I don't have to be concerned with the price of cartridges. My brother's parents-in-law loaded me up with Schick Quattro cartridges in 2002, and I'm still only about halfway through them. I might be dead before they're gone.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I can't figure out what the coffee cup being slapped out of his hand is about, either.

But considering the price of cartridges, plus the stealability of them, it's probably not a bad idea to lock them up in some areas.

As I mentioned here before, I don't have to be concerned with the price of cartridges. My brother's parents-in-law loaded me up with Schick Quattro cartridges in 2002, and I'm still only about halfway through them. I might be dead before they're gone.

Coffee cup? Thanks. I guess it's only to portray the extreme nastiness we will encounter when attempting to purchase blades from the typical retail outlet. Hogwash! When blades were under lock and key I never once had a problem with a store employee helping me.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What a bitch!!

This chick gives me the creeps. *shudder*
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 2:04am
I'm watching my usual COPS marathon on SpikeTV, I think this ad aired at least 7 times in the past 90 minutes. So annoying!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 2:07am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I'm watching my usual COPS marathon on SpikeTV, I think this ad aired at least 7 times in the past 90 minutes. So annoying!
Evil SmileYeaaaaaaaaa....but the bitch IS fiesty, doncha know - she's just begging to be bound, gagged, bagged, and dragged....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic