Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New KFC Ads with the Colonel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New KFC Ads with the Colonel
    Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:13pm

This is just causing me pain and to scramble for the mute button. For what reason do they have to torture me? DeadCry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNQYFZUfH4 and look at this? Can't they pick someone who can SING at least? AUGH!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:20pm
This came on here yesterday, I was busy at the time and forgot about it later.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:25pm
That simply can't be.  I guess that KFC now has the power of resurrection.  LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Sanders

I guess that after 35 years, they feel comfortable with a copycat.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:46pm
Maybe they will bring back Billy Mays.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:56pm

That Elizabeth Taylor perfume commercial still airs (at Christmastime, I thnk).  And some Jim Varney commercial (maybe for an auto dealership?) continued airing after his death.  And I still see Dixie Carter's crooked-neck commercial airing on occasion.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:32pm
He's a clone. They extracted his DNA from an amber-encased piece of Original Recipe... a drumstick, I think... that they found during a dig of the buckets in the back seat of the original's Caddy.

It wasn't a complete strand, though, so they filled the gaps with a bit of Rip Torn's DNA.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:53pm
THAT does NOT sound like the colonel! Sounds more like a George Bush impersonation, especially that laugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:23pm
I guess they're thinking it's been long enough that most people won't remember what The Colonel looked or sounded like.

Old farts like me remember, though.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Maybe they will bring back Billy Mays.

Oh, man I miss that guy. Those commercials were so much better than today's idiotic crap!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I guess they're thinking it's been long enough that most people won't remember what The Colonel looked or sounded like.

Old farts like me remember, though.

LOL

You and me both Darthhillbilly.

But then I only eat KFC maybe 3 times a year and only because the wife and I can't figure out what else to eat. I'm not even convinced its real chicken.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:40pm

What is that slop he's eating? Looks disgusting. *facepalm* Wow... at least they stopped that idiotic "viral video" campaign. God, that was annoying. This might be worse, though... I don't know. I'd rather have them go back to using an animated Colonel, like they did about 20 years ago. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

What is that slop he's eating? Looks disgusting. *facepalm* Wow... at least they stopped that idiotic "viral video" campaign. God, that was annoying.

I dunno.  Chicken in baked beans sounds OK---like something I'd make with leftovers at home.  Not sure I'd order it on the outside, but I might.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:39pm
I've seen 2 of these on tv so far. He must be rolling over in his grave when he sees and hears this colostomy bag full of crap.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Gokuroom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gokuroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:12am

I bet the new one is a clone. They extracted his DNA from his first poopie from when he was young which they found in a amber-encased box which graverobbers found while robbing the original's grave.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

THAT does NOT sound like the colonel! Sounds more like a George Bush impersonation, especially that laugh!

LOL!! That's exactly what I thought!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:28am

I looked it up earlier.  It's some guy from SNL who does impersonations.  I forget what his name is.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:44am
This singing is evil. It's painfully bad. A wounded dog could sing better.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:43pm
If the Colonel is alive, does that mean there's hope for Elvis?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Gokuroom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gokuroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:20pm
The guy who plays him is in prosthetic makeup.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:08am
Companies are willing to do just about damn anything to get more sales, except for actually improve the core product.

Expect more mascot resurrections, I doubt the Hamburglar and Colonel Sanders will be the last.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:27am
These are some of the most disturbing commercials...the high-pitched voice doesn't fit a 'Colonel'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:54am
This is the Colonel

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:25am
As I clicked on this topic a "Colonel" commercial I had not yet seen started at that exact second. It was some nonsense about the "Sweet Summer Deal". What idiot(s) thought this was a good idea?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Companies are willing to do just about damn anything to get more sales, except for actually improve the core product. 

zactley, the local kfc is a sh*t hole. bad service, bad food, the place is a dump.

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Expect more mascot resurrections, I doubt the Hamburglar and Colonel Sanders will be the last.

dont know which is worse, the live action colonel sanders, or a crappy creepy orville redenbacker.

BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:12am
Oh yeah, the creep factor is off the chart on this one. It's especially cringeworthy when it airs on a news program or commentary show running a story on racism -- as is inevitable these days. Many of us here in the Southland remember that the ol' Colonel was based on the stereotype of a plantation owner cooling his heels on the verandah with a mint julep whilst the Irish thug overseer whupped the niggrahs ova yondah in the cotton fields. Nobody wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic