Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Publix cakes and Publix Premium ice cream!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 8:53pm

Many years ago, Ben and Jerry's had Orange/Vanilla checkerboard.  Thing is, the orange was ice cream, not sherbet.  Where do you ever see orange ice cream?  Damn good stuff.

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:04pm
if my mouth had a penis in it, it would have just had a happy ending thinking about orange ice cream....

EDIT: I did not think that through when I typed it...if my mouth HAD a little penis...not a penis in it....shaddup!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

if my mouth had a penis in it, it would have just had a happy ending thinking about orange ice cream....

EDIT: I did not think that through when I typed it...if my mouth HAD a little penis...not a penis in it....shaddup!

You may have just created a new kink... felatio with a mouth full of orange ice cream.

Of course you have to call it "The Orange Creamsicle".

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They also sell that Graeter's brand, too.

Sadly, Graeter's did go national not all that long ago. It's just a matter of time before someone buys them out.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 9:46pm

Well, no matter what, Publix is just another fly-by-the-Tampa-night food chain. Nothing great, middle of the road. 'tang needs to do its research before bragging, unless it likes settling for mediocre.

Far down on the list from Wegman's, who supplies the TOP RATED cakes and premium ice cream, along with everything else (verified through CONSUMER REPORTS).  I've shopped both chains, absolutely love Wegmans.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

You may have just created a new kink... felatio with a mouth full of orange ice cream.

Of course you have to call it "The Orange Creamsicle".

Or the Orange Creamsuckle.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 10:36pm
^ Yes, that's better.

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well, no matter what, Publix is just another fly-by-the-Tampa-night food chain. Nothing great, middle of the road. 'tang needs to do its research before bragging, unless it likes settling for mediocre.

Far down on the list from Wegman's, who supplies the TOP RATED cakes and premium ice cream, along with everything else (verified through CONSUMER REPORTS).  I've shopped both chains, absolutely love Wegmans.

Actually Pa, I think you might be the one who might do a bit of research on this particular topic...

PUBLIX:

Founded in 1930  in Winter Haven, Fla,

It is currently ranked No. 67 on Fortune magazine's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For 2015.

It is ranked No. 8 on Forbes' 2014 list of America's Largest Private Companies and is the largest in Florida. 

The company's 2014 sales totaled $30.6 billion, with profits of $1.74 billion.

Ranks #104 on Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list of U.S. companies for 2014. 

Supermarket News ranked Publix No. 5 in the 2014 "Top 75 North American Food Retailers" based on fiscal year sales. 

Based on 2014 revenue, Publix is the thirteenth-largest US retailer and thirty-fifth in the world. 

WEGMAN'S:

Founded in 1916 in Rochester, NY.

Wegmans has appeared on Fortune's annual "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the list first appeared in 1998, and has ranked among the top 10 for eight consecutive years. 

On Forbes's 2005 list, Wegmans ranked 54th.

In 2009 Stores Magazine showed it to be the 74th largest retailer in the United States with estimated revenues of $4.67 billion As of 2006, it was the 66th largest privately held company, as determined by Forbes. 

In 2009, Wegmans ranked number 29 on the Supermarket News list of the Top 75 North American Food Retailers based on sales volume, up from number 32 on the 2007 list, and 7th among privately held U.S. supermarkets. [Citation needed] 

Looks like Publix has the edge in most categories.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:56am
Did my research, bubba.
Wegman's is currently #1, Publix is #2 - and I didn't depend on Wikanfabricate.com
I prefer Consumer Reports
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:59am

Did my research, bubba.
Wegman's is currently #1, Publix is #2 - and I didn't depend on Wikanfabricate.com

Apparently, you only checked Consumer Reports. There are other publications that rank other things. 

Either way, your comments about Publix being a fly-by-Tampa-night, middle of the road chain were way off base.

Publix is a much larger & more profitable chain than Wagman's

Bubba.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 3:32am

Did my research, bubba.

Apparently, you only checked Consumer Reports. There are other publications that rank other things. 

Either way, your comments about Publix being a fly-by-Tampa-night, middle of the road chain were way off base.

Publix is a much larger & more profitable chain than Wagman's

Bubba.

...and you checked where else? So what is the value of your statement?

Publix is an employee-owned organization that cannot turn on dime - too large. Volume-based profitability.

Wegmans is FAMILY-OWNED, picks its locations maybe a little differently. Maybe their strategy is different you think? They're opening a new store in Alexandria, Virginia, soon. Upscale, healthy quality at a great price.
You will not find them in 'da hood.

Once again, size isn't everything.

Bubba
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 3:45am
See what you've caused, Donna. They're going to be dueling with pistols at twenty paces before long.

Just remember that you did this. This is your fault. YOU KILLED THEM, YOU HEARTLESS BITCH!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 3:50am

Publix is an employee-owned organization that cannot turn on dime - too large. Volume-based profitability.

Wegmans is FAMILY-OWNED, picks its locations maybe a little differently. Maybe their strategy is different you think? They're opening a new store in Alexandria, Virginia, soon.

I checked Wikipedia where all the entries were sourced. I have no reason to doubt the info there.

They also referenced the Consumer Reports ranking, so is that suspect too?

You made the statement that Publix is just another fly-by-night, middle of the road operation. I merely showed you that the facts say otherwise. 

A grocery store chain does not become one of the largest retailers in the world by being shoddy, dirty or giving rude or half assed service. Publix supermarkets are consistently one of the cleanest & friendliest grocery stores you'll find anywhere. Their customer service is second to none. 

They also have a rather unique policy. If any item that's advertised on sale or that still has a sale price shelf marker in front of it after it has gone off sale, rings up on the cash register at the regular price, you get that item for free. No matter what it is. 

And as for the veracity & trustworthiness of Wikipedia, or "Wikanfabricate" as you called it, take a few minutes & watch this 60 Minutes report on them....

Publix & Wegman's appear to be about on an equal par, with Publix being the larger & more profitable of the two.

Quote Once again, size isn't everything.

Bubba.

You probably tell yourself that a lot. 

Barry.

LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:02am

Did my research, bubba.

I don't know why people say that sort of thing about Wikipedia.  Wikipedia's great.  If you want to research further, it provides many Wiki and external links.  And it also provides plenty of info and buzzwords to allow you to research on your own.  It's probably the website I look at most.

But if you have a better method, please let us know.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't know why people say that sort of thing about Wikipedia.  Wikipedia's great.  If you want to research further, it provides many Wiki and external links.  And it also provides plenty of info and buzzwords to allow you to research on your own.  It's probably the website I look at most.

But if you have a better method, please let us know.

It's gotten better over the years.

Up until a few years ago it still deserved the criticism it often got for not being overly reliable.

But like the 60 Minutes report said, that has changed & now, though not perfect, it's still a good info source for most subjects.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:06am

Wegmans is FAMILY-OWNED, picks its locations maybe a little differently. Maybe their strategy is different you think? They're opening a new store in Alexandria, Virginia, soon.

I checked Wikipedia where all the entries were sourced. I have no reason to doubt the info there.

They also referenced the Consumer Reports ranking, so is that suspect too?

You made the statement that Publix is just another fly-by-night, middle of the road operation. I merely showed you that the facts say otherwise. 

A grocery store chain does not become one of the largest retailers in the world by being shoddy, dirty or giving rude or half assed service. Publix supermarkets are consistently one of the cleanest & friendliest grocery stores you'll find anywhere. Their customer service is second to none. 

They also have a rather unique policy. If any item that's advertised on sale or that still has a sale price shelf marker in front of it after it has gone off sale, rings up on the cash register at the regular price, you get that item for free. No matter what it is. 

And as for the veracity & trustworthiness of Wikipedia, or "Wikanfabricate" as you called it, take a few minutes & watch this 60 Minutes report on them....

Publix & Wegman's appear to be about on an equal par, with Publix being the larger & more profitable of the two.

Quote Once again, size isn't everything.

Bubba.

You probably tell yourself that a lot. 

LOL

Nice how you get a little pissed and like to call out first names. Not sure what you are trying to achieve there...

Why do I care what 60 minutes has to say? I do not care. They do not always get things right, either.

So Publix is a big chain. in the top 75 retailers in North America.
Wow. Let me grab balloons and confetti.
Yea, they're a good company - you could have saved a lot by just posting this, where they pat themselves on the back for a job well done:
http://corporate.publix.com/about-publix/company-overview/awards-achievements

*I* like Wegmans and *I* like the way they present themselves and operate. Yes, I prefer them to Publix.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:11am

Nice how you get a little pissed and like to call out first names. Not sure what you are trying to achieve there...

Why do I care what 60 minutes has to say? I do not care. They do not always get things right, either.

So Publix is a big chain. in the top 75 retailers in North America.
Wow. Let me grab balloons and confetti.
Yea, they're a good company - you could have saved a lot by just posting this, where they pat themselves on the back for a job well done:

*I* like Wegmans and *I* like the way they present themselves and operate.

I'm not pissed off Pa.

Just poking & jabbing at you a little.

And I couldn't let your inaccurate & derogatory comments about one of my favorite stores go unchallenged.

You know how it is..... 

Anyway, *I* like Publix and *I* like the way they present themselves and operate.

Cool

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 9:27pm
[QUOTE=PaWolf] [QUOTE=Jimbo] [QUOTE=PaWolf]Did my research, bubba.

UNLIKE a lot of folks here I used to work at Publix.
I was 16 or 17 and it was one of my first jobs.

Founder George Jenkins was still alive, and I'm sure the whole enterprise would have scored higher than it does now. Of course, back then, it was probably even more of a regional grocery chain.

This was a time when they used to accept Coke bottles for return deposit, used paper only (not plastic), and were closed on Sundays. And they were only open until 9PM, not 11PM like they are now.

My paychecks used to have a little line at the top that read "Where working is a pleasure."   

For those unfamiliar with Publix, the supermarket's slogan is "Where shopping is a pleasure".

As for Publix commercials, I don't see too many, and the ones I do see are not at all obnoxious or objectinable. In fact, the only ones I can even remember are the ones they play around Christmas time featuring Pat Matheney's music, like "Last Train Home", etc.. Those are actually quite well done, in my opinion.

And as for Publix' cakes: Well, I wouldn't really know since I don't buy them that often. Their ice cream is mostly so-so. Not bad for the price (for sure), but there are better brands. Some of the rolls from the Publix bakery definitely fall in the "worth going to get" category.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:07pm
Lol. I was wondering if anyone would question why I work for Walgreens, yet am pushing Publix cakes and Publix ice cream, and someone did, as in, why am I not pushing Walgreens food.The truth is, I love Publix cake and their ice cream. The only Walgreens food I really like is the Nice! Double Dipped Peanuts. Peanuts dipped into chocolates are divine!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 10:10pm
Re: Anduril - Funny, because I like everything about Publix EXCEPT their commercials!!!

Some of the worst, sappiest, overly sentimental ooey-gooey tripe I've ever seen anywhere!!!!

They literally make my skin crawl!!!!

Especially the holiday themed ads.

Yuck!!!!

C'mon, man!
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2015 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Cannibal, Publix cakes are not a lie! They are real and delicious!

knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-cake-is-a-lie
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:37pm
*throws Publix cake and ice cream at Donathan*

"Heads up!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:56pm
How good is Publix cake & ice cream?

People actually fight over it!!!

This happened just a day or two ago at a Publix right near me....

And it was all over the last carton of Publix ice cream & a cake!!!

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 12:01am
One of those guys must be Donna, and the other talked sh*t about those cakes.

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

One of those guys must be Donna, and the other talked sh*t about those cakes.

LOL

Couldn't have been Donna.

No screaming, scratching, slapping or hair pulling out of either of them.

Of course, neither of them had any hair to pull... but still, a bit on the "manly" side for Donna.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic