Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Good Lord, what is this sh*t? Trolli commercial...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Lord, what is this sh*t? Trolli commercial...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Lord, what is this sh*t? Trolli commercial...
    Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:46am
This is seriously some disturbing sh*t. The Company is clearly living up to its name.....

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:57am
ConfusedWoah!
THAT is different...really off.
'tang? You did it again - caught a commercial that has left me nothing short of clusterdumbfounded...wow
In other words, I'm still so weirded out I don't know if I hate it or love it - but I did watch it 3 times...then I dug up this one that came out just days before the one you posted...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:31am
Love these! The ad execs are getting back to basics and it's glorious!

This is what a candy commercial is supposed to be, not some woman making orgasmic sounds over chocolate, or an ultra lame social media tie-in!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:25am

^You're so correct, Dude. These commercials give even the strangest of Starburst ads (which the stranger they got, the more I loved them) a run for the money.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:41pm
The first one is weird, the opening of the mouth makes no sense! The second one is just silly I like that. Both beats the crap out of the yelling and social media crap!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^You're so correct, Dude. These commercials give even the strangest of Starburst ads (which the stranger they got, the more I loved them) a run for the money.

Agreed.  In fact, my first thought on watching the vids here was that they're odd---along the lines of the Starburst ads.  Skittles, too.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:04pm
^SKITTLES! Thanks, Thor - those are the ones I wanted to compare with. Had a brain fart.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:07pm
I seriously LOVE these commercials!

Here's another one LMAO!

And another one!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:52pm
LOL
Weirdly Awesome is exactly right.   LOLLOL
I'm lovin it. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:13pm
I like these more each time I watch them, But 'tang's original is the strangest and the "I'm a Daddy" one is kind of creeping me out a little the more I think about what's in 'the candy'...
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:13pm

These ads are weirdly funny!  Awesome!  Clap
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:15pm
Yeah, I can't bring myself to hate the sour tooth commercial, even if "like mine" comes out a little on the creepy side.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:15pm

I like these more each time I watch them, But 'tang's original is the strangest and the "I'm a Daddy" one is kind of creeping me out a little the more I think about what's in 'the candy'...
Nah, it's not "that", it's just that the teacher is the Father of the Invention.  (Kind of like Frankenstein's Monster.)  At least I *think* that's what it means.  LOL
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:18pm

And so proud he was. I'd be a little hesitant to admit that I'd been sexing up the candies.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:03pm
You did good, Donna.
But don't get into an editorial in the title, save that for the post.
A video too?  Holly Molly Guacamole!!
Did you finally turn the corner?
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:19am
Thanks Ron and Pawolf!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:45am
+1 for the talking tooth.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:06am
You guys are probably gonna think I'm an asshole when I say this, but I have a very different and nearly violent reaction to the older "weirdly awesome" commercials.

I've narrowed it down to two reasons:
  • The old commercials are too f**king boring
  • The old commercials target the geek-chic liberal queer sector of the candy market.

"What the f**k are you talking about?", you ask....

Welp, let's start with the "boring" claim. I think it's pretty simple. They cram way too much narrative into the 30 seconds. They try to justify the weirdness with all this f**king story. It's totally unnecessary. If the same commercials took place in the new Trolli universe, there wouldn't be a long list of questions about candy unicorn horns and they definitely would not try to make you feel bad about a lump of candy shaped like a dog. Weird sh*t would just happen and you would just have to accept it.

On the second point. The old commercials were full of social tension. They involve retro-chic mini-cassettes, once-gender-inappropriate unicorn horns, awkward dancing, a lump of gummy worms Pinocchioed into a cuddly breed of dog, a sad little boy, and a jerk older boy. I couldn't give any less f**ks about this sh*t if I were even allowed uncountably infinite and continuously compounded negative f**ks!! I want crazy, hyper, neon-colored, bouncing-off-the-walls fun when I WANT MY f**kING CANDY!!!

Ahem... my point is that the new commercials feel faster paced even though they're still just 30 seconds long and the social justice warrior watermarking is wiped away. That's a win in my book! Thumbs Up

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:48pm
I agree the old ones are way too long to get to the punchline, the newer ones get right to the point!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic