Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 1:37pm
I think most planes have a special compartment for pets. It's pressurized & heated. That moron baggage handler in the news the other day who fell asleep in the cargo hold then woke up after the plane took off with him inside it, was in the pet compartment.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm
I think the "pet compartment" should be avoided at all costs.  The trauma is going to be bad enough with being confined, all the engine noise, even being sedated.  I wouldn't trust anyone, especially a baggage handler, to take care of live animals.  They will not be attended to or even observed for the entire flight.  Unhappy
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

I think the "pet compartment" should be avoided at all costs.  The trauma is going to be bad enough with being confined, all the engine noise, even being sedated.  I wouldn't trust anyone, especially a baggage handler, to take care of live animals.  They will not be attended to or even observed for the entire flight.  Unhappy

Looks like United will let you bring up to four pets on the plane with you but only in economy class.

Traveling with in cabin pets

Quote Restrictions based on aircraft, cabin and seat

In-cabin travel for pets is booked on a space-available basis.

A customer traveling with an in-cabin pet cannot be seated in the bulkhead or an emergency exit row.

One pet per flight is allowed in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United BusinessFirst® and United Business® (select aircraft only).

Pets are not permitted in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst or United Business on Boeing 747, 757, 767, 777 or 787 aircraft due to limited storage space under the seat.

A customer traveling with an in-cabin pet in United Economy on Boeing 757-200 aircraft will need to be seated in a window seat due to limited storage space under aisle and middle seats.

Four pets per flight are allowed in United Economy® on all United flights.

The number of in-cabin pets allowed varies by United Express® partner airline.

For additional information about the operating carrier’s in-cabin pet policy, contact the United Customer Contact Center.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 9:41pm
^ Yeah, I sent that for Thor's review.  I think United Airlines flies from SF to NJ a lot so I looked up their policies, etc.  Thumbs Up  It says UA has the most non-stop flights from SF to Newark, NJ and there are lots daily.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 10:01pm
Whats gonna happen to your convertible? The roof will never handle the snow they get in Jersey.Wink 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:05pm

^ Yeah, I sent that for Thor's review.  I think United Airlines flies from SF to NJ a lot so I looked up their policies, etc.  Thumbs Up  It says UA has the most non-stop flights from SF to Newark, NJ and there are lots daily.

I'll be flying out of Sacramento.  If I was to fly out of SF, it'd be another 2.5 hours for them in transit, as it's a 2.5-hour drive from here to there.

If I could get a non-stop out of Sacramernto, I would.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Whats gonna happen to your convertible? The roof will never handle the snow they get in Jersey.Wink 

Yeah, really.  My bro has a convertible, too, but his is brand new.  Plus, he's got dibs on his garage.  There's a lot of one-car garages back East, for some reason...and he's got one of 'em.

I don't know if my next car will be a convertible, especially being in NJ or PA.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:25am
Brian, people would love to be stuck with me cross country in a plane for 11 hours. I am very entertaining and appealing.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 7:02am
Considering that ^ you should have no trouble finding everything in this world that makes you happy and successful.
So, what's your excuse?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'll be flying out of Sacramento.  If I was to fly out of SF, it'd be another 2.5 hours for them in transit, as it's a 2.5-hour drive from here to there.

If I could get a non-stop out of Sacramernto, I would.

United still has the most direct flights from Sac to NJ.  You should be able to book one in advance.  Thumbs Up
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Brian, people would love to be stuck with me cross country in a plane for 11 hours. I am very entertaining and appealing.....
Ermm Even the auto pilot would be looking for a chute and bail out.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 1:27am

^  OMG and LOL!  LOL

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:20pm

As I read this I'm picturing Ted Stryker from Airplane and me being the guy sitting next to him pouring gasoline all over himself and ready to set himself on fire just to not listen to the anecdotes anymore.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

As I read this I'm picturing Ted Stryker from Airplane and me being the guy sitting next to him pouring gasoline all over himself and ready to set himself on fire just to not listen to the anecdotes anymore.

LOLLOL
This coming from the person here with personal issues he decides to make public everyday.
Look at me, I am Donathan, I am weird and I have social issues.
Let's all talk about it!!

Frankly Donathan, you are looking more and more pathetic everyday.
If it still gets you off, you are hopeless. I have no choice but to have pity for you.
I'm just proud, not to be in your situation, one sorry individual and you should consider some medical help.
You've proven, this is not just an internet style.
It is some sick fetish, funny at [fist], but you are just strange now, take that from one of the oddball members here.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

LOLLOL
This coming from the person here with personal issues he decides to make public everyday.
Look at me, I am Donathan, I am weird and I have social issues.
Let's all talk about it!!

Frankly Donathan, you are looking more and more pathetic everyday.
If it still gets you off, you are hopeless. I have no choice but to have pity for you.
I'm just proud, not to be in your situation, one sorry individual and you should consider some medical help.
You've proven, this is not just an internet style.
It is some sick fetish, funny at [fist], but you are just strange now, take that from one of the oddball members here.
The only thing wrong with your post is that you're not an oddball member.  Confused

Thor is moving, getting advice from friends here about transporting the cats and such, but Douche Boy makes it all about him in the end, and how pleasant he would be to be stuck on an airplane with.  Every off topic thread seems to turn into something about D-Bag Boy.  It is pathetic.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:25pm

The only thing wrong with your post is that you're not an oddball member. Confused

Thor is moving, getting advice from friends here about transporting the cats and such, but Douche Boy makes it all about him in the end, and how pleasant he would be to be stuck on an airplane with. Every off topic thread seems to turn into something about D-Bag Boy. It is pathetic.

To be fair, he wasn't the one who started it.

All he really did was respond to a dig taken at him & you all piled on.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:29pm
Oh yeah, you're right, it's all BrianO's fault for starting it.  Ermm
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 1:07am
Reckon it's time for an update, Thor.Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 1:26am

Not sure what you mean.

It'll be a few months before I'm out of here.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 1:40am
Wanted to steer this back on topic I guess.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 1:44am

I thought maybe that was it, but I wasn't sure.

I've been paying as little attention to Donathan as possible, lately.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:27pm
So you'll be moving to Pa. soon? Try looking at properties in the Yardley area. Very nice homes, and a beautiful neighbourhood. It's also a mere stones throw from both Philly and NYC. If I were to move again, I think that's where I'd rather live.
Good luck on the move, my friend. Take it easy on yerself!
One man gathers what another man spills
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Not sure what you mean.

It'll be a few months before I'm out of here.

Will you be getting out of there before the summer months and their 100+ temps?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:54pm
100 questions.

Do you have to have your house sold, before you move?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

100 questions.

Do you have to have your house sold, before you move?

The house sold as of yesterday.  It sold in about a week.  I got more than I was asking, but there may have to be some negotiations after they get it inspected.  So I'm not gonna count my chickens before they're hatched.  I'm often a "glass half-empty" kind of guy, so I tend to expect the worst sometimes.

I'm a bundle of nerves.  Been so for awhile.  Can't wait till it's all over.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic