Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The longest name for a trip yet!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The longest name for a trip yet!
    Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 2:33am
I need to thank all the Left-Wing Supporters because they decided where my next Roller-Coaster Trip will be! Angry

This summer I will embark on....

The Bible-Thumping Bigoted Homophobic Politically Incorrect Indiana Thrill Tour!!! Shocked

Indiana! One State, Two Butt-Kicking Amusement Parks, Five Butt-Kicking wooden Roller Coasters (and one also-ran). Tongue

I will fly from Sanford, Florida to Indianapolis (Indiana, then proceed to Monticello, home of my No. Five Traditional Amusement Park - Indiana Beach located a couple of hours north of Indianapolis.. This gem of a park is home to three wooden roller coasters, two of which, The Cornball Express and The Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain rank No. four wood out & back and no. five wood twister respectively. (The third, the Hoosier Hurricane is pretty good even though it's the mildest of the three. Since my last visit in 2005 they've opened a new coaster, a steel looper called Wild Hawg. After visiting this park I will head south to Indianopolis, where I'll tour the Speedway. From there I'll head south to Santa Claus, Indiana - Home to my NUMBER ONE Hybrid Amusement Park (A Traditional Park that's evolved to the point where it now resembles a Theme Park) Holiday World. This park is also home to three wooden roller coasters, The Raven (my No. three wood out & back), The Legend, My No. three wood twister and The Voyage, My NUMBER ONE wood out & back roller coaster! Thumbs Up. This year a new coaster makes its debut, a steel looper called Thunderbird. While in southern Indiana I will go kayaking on a river and tour a cave that has opened since my last visit to southern Indiana in 2006 (This trip coined a word I use to refer to taking advantage of an overbooked flight, I was but fifteen feet from the podium when a flight attendant announced the flight was overbooked that poor lady never got to finish her sentence. She Literally said "We need a Volun...) and there I was Spread-eagle on the podium. MINE!!! LOL  Finally the trip will end and I'll have to DRAG MYSELF back to Indianapolis to catch a flight back to Florida. Cry

Thanks Liberals (I guess this shows they're not really all that bad)! Big smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 3:10am
John Shea?

Word of advice, don't buy any truffles while you're there. I just packed up 78 crates of almond-filled turdles and shipped 'em out. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 3:44am
Who is John Shea? Confused No I don't plan to purchase any Truffles, but just before I return home I will mail all my clothes home and purchase about $150.00 worth of Eckrich Smoky Links,( which are unavailable in Florida), stuff em in my luggage and bring em home with me! Big smile 
Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 4:24am
Dunno, one of the few names that came up as being born on 1949.04.14

I know someone who gets her mother to mail her tonnes of coffee, chocolate, etc. from Germany where it's actual quality and cheaper. It's easier to do than buying it online; no taxes and cheaper shipping.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 4:37am
Nope! John Shea is not the subject depicted in the avatar that I'll post in 11 days! Smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 4:37am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Who is John Shea? Confused No I don't plan to purchase any Truffles, but just before I return home I will mail all my clothes home and purchase about $150.00 worth of Eckrich Smoky Links,( which are unavailable in Florida), stuff em in my luggage and bring em home with me! Big smile 

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure I've seen them before.

At least the "Lil' Smokies" anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 5:35am

Who is John Shea? Confused

He was a cop in NJ years ago.  He and his wife Doris were friends with my parents.  They had a son named Robbie and two daughters.  One was named Vicki, and I forget the other one.  Nice people.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 7:12pm
Have fun and be safe on your trip but Indiana is the hotbed of political controversy right now.
Gov Pence has signed a RFRA (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) bill into law and it is causing quite a stir.
Businesses, corporations are canceling seminars and conventions.
Even the NCAA is threatening to pull out of Indy, a huge money making event happening right now.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Have fun and be safe on your trip but Indiana is the hotbed of political controversy right now.
Gov Pence has signed a RFRA (Religious Freedom Restoration Act) bill into law and it is causing quite a stir.
Even the NCAA is threatening to pull out of Indy, a huge money making event happening right now.

As I mentioned in my first message, the leftists are why I choose to go to Indiana (The name of my trip says it all). LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 9:11pm

As I mentioned in my first message, the leftists are why I choose to go to Indiana (The name of my trip says it all). LOL

Since you're gonna be up in that part of the country anyway, why don't you swing on over to Kansas & pay a little visit to your brethren at the Westboro Baptist Church?

You guys would probably have a lot to talk about.

Maybe take a ride to the local Walmart & give 'em a concert.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Considering the Indiana law mentioned, I think the state should simply rename itself to 'North Texas'. The laws are very similar, so I am being lead to believe. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Considering the Indiana law mentioned, I think the state should simply rename itself to 'North Texas'. The laws are very similar, so I am being lead to believe. 

They should just consolidate Texas, Kansas, Indiana & few of the other backwards red states & just give them all one name.

I vote for "America's Butthole".

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 9:34pm
A holes of America are us?
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2015 at 11:21pm
Freedom to practice your own religion:  YES!

Freedom from the Government to dictate a National Religion or prohibit any religion:  NO!

Freedom to be a bigot, using Christianity as your shield, despite the teachings of Jesus Christ telling us to love one another and a bunch of other stuff like sinners casting first stones, and stuff like that, if you believe:  NO!

Freedom to be a bigot in any event:  GO TO HELL!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 12:22am
Definitely should be freedom from religion. And the irresponsible actions of a religion or the religious to enforce its laws on the public via subversive means should be prohibited and controlled. Especially when those actions cause issue in the lives of certain people simply because they were born a certain way. And anyway, random research shows that while they're certainly incredibly devout and mentally unstable about their beliefs when it comes to homosexuality, they're far more lenient with serving people of non-Christian religions, divorced brides/grooms-to-be, unmarried mothers-to-be, etc.

Hell, in the case of one of these bakeries that got in trouble with the government for disobeying the laws they agreed to when getting a business licence (A lot of misinformation goes around, but in a few cases the businesses aren't being sued, but being fined.) they even were willing to make cakes for a pagan coven and to celebrate stem-cell research.

If they're going to claim religion a reason for refusing to provide a service to certain peoples, then I say the government should help them make sure they're TRUELY true to their religion, and ban all the people their religion says are sinful, evil, or shouldn't be associated with. :P And in the spirit of cherry-picking, all the contradictory statements should equal an automatic no-serve.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 12:32am
If they were really concerned about not serving people who offend the tenets of Christianity, they'd require each potential customer to fill out a questionnaire & provide enough information to do a background check.

That having been said, I do think that people who are self employed in certain creative endeavors which require them to create some kind of custom product like a cake or a themed event or a piece of artwork, like a mural on a building, etc, should not be forced to create an image that they find offensive or that is going to be used for something they find offensive.

Refusing to serve people at a restaurant or barring them from shopping at a store or refusing to provide home or auto repairs for people based on ethnicity, religion or lifestyle, should of course, be 100% illegal.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 12:50am
Certainly, but let's be honest, there's hardly anything creatively obstrusive about a wedding cake. It's just a bunch of flowery iceing on a few tiers, and even if figurines are put on it's usually done after delivery. Same with Catering.

Hell, the arguments I've heard other places are all unrealistic and absurdist at the best. Someone said "It's about forcing us to write "Support Gay Marriage" on a cake. Seriously? Who actually asks for that to be written on a cake, especially a wedding cake? What next, a geico advertisement on the backside of the cake? (I'll take the slice with the gecko!) Other cases were people talking about being forced to make a penis-shaped cake.

You know where I hear about penis-shaped cakes or naked male figures? Hen nights. Consistently. It's like the guys getting the silly cake shaped like a pair of tits or a butt. The irony is that places have done this for hen nights for ages, but now that they may have to do it for a bachelor party it's suddenly offensive to their religion.

Certainly, if someone is asking for something that is directly offensive to them, like a cake that says "Crucify the Christians" or a piece of artwork like that, sure, they should be able to refuse...but refusing to make a generic wedding cake or cater an event...it's stupidity.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 1:17am
Well, refusal of service under the scenario you described is of course, stupid. But what are we opening up the door to? How do we know somebody won't try to push the limits? What if a couple of more "militant" type gay guys or gals decide they want to force some religious wedding cake baker to make a sheet cake & decorate it with two guys/gals "snogging" as the Brits say? Maybe put some pro-gay marriage slogan like the one you described on the cake? Should they be forced to under threat of a large fine & going out of business to produce such a product?

And on the flip side... what if some Westboro types go to a gay bakery & demand a cake that says "Homosexuality is ruining society!!!" or "Homosexuality is a crime against nature & should be outlawed!!!" or "Homosexuality is filthy!!!"?

None of which I believe, BTW, but should they be forced to produce that cake? Or if it were a mural, should a gay artist be forced to paint it on a building?

Opens up some real questions about fairness. And as much as I tend to find fundies to be a bit of a joke, they are citizens too & as such, have rights also.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 1:52am

What I want to see is the Westboro Baptist Church people go into some gay catering businesses in the Castro District of SF and elsewhere, and demand they cater a WBC wedding.  Suddenly, I think the narrative would change.

Seriously, the way the news people goaded the pizzeria into saying they wouldn't cater a gay wedding, and then how gay militants, leftists and the Christian-haters descended upon them like hawks, is kind of despicable.  And all for opposing the same thing Obama opposed until recently.

It's clear leftists are forcing conservatives into a religious war.  The pizzeria people did nothing to deserve this other than state their beliefs.  It's not even as if there was a chance in hell this hypothetical pizza wedding was even going to happen.

edit:  Ha!  Jimbo, I hadn't even read your Westboro comment when I posted mine.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:31am
Well, Jimbo, within those scenarios, I would say that a far more simple tactic would be to say "We do not make cakes with political messages/viewpoints on them, or of course simply offer to make the cake and offer the supplies needed to put the message of their choice on it.

Certainly, if scenarios were occurring where someone was demanding a specific image or message on a cake, I'd err on the side of the bakers, but for the most part all of these recent "scandals" have been cases of refusal to cater/make a generic product that'll be used at an event.

Thor, I don't think any of the WBC could be legally married...aren't they already incredibly incestual?

I really don't see any Christian haters out there, just fundie-haters. Why is it you demand people take action against destructive fundamentalists who drag their religion through the mud when it's the Islamic ones, but when the same thing happens to Christian fundies, it's hate?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What I want to see is the Westboro Baptist Church people go into some gay catering businesses in the Castro District of SF and elsewhere, and demand they cater a WBC wedding.  Suddenly, I think the narrative would change.

Seriously, the way the news people goaded the pizzeria into saying they wouldn't cater a gay wedding, and then how gay militants, leftists and the Christian-haters descended upon them like hawks, is kind of despicable.  And all for opposing the same thing Obama opposed until recently.

It's clear leftists are forcing conservatives into a religious war.  The pizzeria people did nothing to deserve this other than state their beliefs.  It's not even as if there was a chance in hell this hypothetical pizza wedding was even going to happen.

Well, as to who started the religious/cultural war you're talking about, that is open to interpretation. The way I see it, this nonsense had it's beginnings in the late 70's & early 80's with Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, & the so-called "moral majority", which many of us saw as neither.

But the religious right has been trying to flex it's political muscle & push the rest of society around for some time now. Most recently, it was attempting to have creationism taught in public school science classes.

So to all those of you who are trying to lay this all at the feet of the left, all I can say is that your own chickens are coming home to roost.

The religious right made their bed now they get to lie in it.

Feel free to add any other tired old sayings that fit.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Well, Jimbo, within those scenarios, I would say that a far more simple tactic would be to say "We do not make cakes with political messages/viewpoints on them, or of course simply offer to make the cake and offer the supplies needed to put the message of their choice on it.

Certainly, if scenarios were occurring where someone was demanding a specific image or message on a cake, I'd err on the side of the bakers, but for the most part all of these recent "scandals" have been cases of refusal to cater/make a generic product that'll be used at an event.

I would agree with all that, but my point was, what doors are being opened here? If these scenarios to come up, they'll have to be dealt with.

I think people in creative or artistic endeavors should have some leeway as to what kind of messages they produce.

Simply providing food or flowers to a wedding should not be something a business owner should be allowed to refuse based on whether or not the wedding is gay.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I really don't see any Christian haters out there, just fundie-haters. Why is it you demand people take action against destructive fundamentalists who drag their religion through the mud when it's the Islamic ones, but when the same thing happens to Christian fundies, it's hate?

You don't see the difference between Christian fundamentalists and Muslim ones?  The Muslims ones publicly hang gays and push them off buildings.  The Christian ones tell news crews that while they'd serve pizza to gays, they wouldn't cater one of their weddings.

Was Obama a fundamentalist up until a few years ago?

I don't even agree with the pizzeria's stance, and I support gay marriage...but I think that freedom of speech and freedom of religion---well, there's a reason those are in the First Amendment.  I think it's important we preserve those things.  The left wants to undermine them.  Certainly, they want to force religion underground.

But really---isn't there room for both sides to exist?  It's not like there's a chance in hell any gay couple was going to go to them to cater their wedding.  It's not like most caterers would refuse a gay wedding job.  For some reason, militants are acting outraged that someone would dare not support their cause.  And they believe that those people should be destroyed.  They're fascists.

And you didn't answer my question.  Should a gay catering business be forced by law to cater a WBC wedding?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, as to who started the religious/cultural war you're talking about, that is open to interpretation. The way I see it, this nonsense had it's beginnings in the late 70's & early 80's with Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, & the so-called "moral majority", which many of us saw as neither.

But the religious right has been trying to flex it's political muscle & push the rest of society around for some time now. Most recently, it was attempting to have creationism taught in public school science classes.

So to all those of you who are trying to lay this all at the feet of the left, all I can say is that your own chickens are coming home to roost.

The religious right made their bed now they get to lie in it.

Feel free to add any other tired old sayings that fit.

So, what the Falwells of the country did was OK?  I mean, if it wasn't, why would the leftists employ the same approach?  I thought the left was supposed to be the "enlightened".  The only thing I can think of, is that they want to get revenge.  They should just say it if that's the case.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 3:41am

So, what the Falwells of the country did was OK? I mean, if it wasn't, why would the leftists employ those same approach? Is it revenge?

I don't speak for the gay community or their activists, but I doubt it's as simplistic as that.

I think it's just the natural backlash that you'd see out of any group that feels it has been discriminated against.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic