Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peyton "Pay the Man" Manning is still at it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peyton "Pay the Man" Manning is still at it.
    Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 5:33pm
Yes, just what the world needs is Peyton Manning still hawking more crap. And now he's got Eli in on it, too.

Don't fall for it, Eli!

Seriously, Peyton, why don't you worry more about getting healthy for the season?

Also, I am a bitter Ravens fan who grew up in a household that still pined for the Baltimore Colts.

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 9:44pm
JMHO, but I think Peyton is a good spokes person. Lots of NFL players{the smart ones} have done TV ads. Football careers are short.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:38am
But it's funny. I love Peyton Manning.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 12:48am
Here in Cincy, we have Chad Ocho Cinco.  He is hilarious.
cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:54am
I don't mind.  Peyton's cool
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 7:50pm
I actually like Peyton's commercials. I think he does a good job and is fairly entertaining in them. My favorites are the Master Card commercials where he plays the super fan of all the "ordinary" people: "D-CAF!" thump-thump "D-CAF!", "Cut that meat! Cut that meat!", etc.

The Pep Talk ones were pretty good, too: "Bummed about football season being over? Well, cheer up, because you've still got....... Well, there's....... You know what, I'm bummed, too. Guess I'll see you in the fall."
Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 3:17am
Agreed. The best Pep Talk, imho, is when he says, "Bummed about that gut? Wish you had rock-hard abs? Look, I'm going to be honest - unless you're under the age of 23 or a professional football player, it's probably not going to happen. If I were you, I'd buy some bigger shirts."

LOL

Too funny for words, in spite of the fact that Peyton commits one of my biggest grammar gripes ever - saying "under" for "younger than." But he got the subjunctive tense right later, so I guess that cancels out the mistake.

(Sorry, but as a writer, seeing or hearing bad grammar bugs me endlessly.)
Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 4:29am
I'm 37 and I've got six pack abs.

It's not about doing situps, it's about losing the fat around the belly. Spot training? No. Cardio? Yes. Lots and lots of it. Ab exercises help to make your abs "pop" but it's mostly lowering your body fat to an absurd level.

Now that everyone hates me I'll slink back off into my corner, er... coffin.

kuribo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuribo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 8:38pm
The part that I hate isn't the fact that he endorses stuff--- it's the fact that he endorses EVERYTHING.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Portia Portia wrote:

Agreed. The best Pep Talk, imho, is when he says, "Bummed about that gut? Wish you had rock-hard abs? Look, I'm going to be honest - unless you're under the age of 23 or a professional football player, it's probably not going to happen. If I were you, I'd buy some bigger shirts."

LOL

Too funny for words, in spite of the fact that Peyton commits one of my biggest grammar gripes ever - saying "under" for "younger than." But he got the subjunctive tense right later, so I guess that cancels out the mistake.

What's wrong with that?

As far as I can tell, all it's doing is omitting the words "the age of".
"Kids Under 12 Eat Free".

?
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Originally posted by Portia Portia wrote:

LOL

What's wrong with that?

As far as I can tell, all it's doing is omitting the words "the age of".
"Kids Under 12 Eat Free".

?

+1
Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:25am
Under is a preposition. Please tell me I don't need to define prepositions, just how to use them. Examples: "Push the stool under the table, please." "We all sleep under the same big sky."

Under is not a substitute for age comparisons. Use "younger than." Examples: "Kids younger than 12 eat free." "Unless you're younger than 23 or a professional football player, it's probably not going to happen."

It's the same thing with over and more than.

"Over there, over there..." is correct. "Don't trust anyone over 40" is not, but "Don't trust anyone older than 40" is.

Does this help? Good. Class dismissed.

You don't want me to get started on split infinitives and "less than" versus "fewer." The latter might be my biggest peeve ever.
BadWX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 2:52am
Originally posted by kuribo kuribo wrote:

Also, I am a bitter Ravens fan who grew up in a household that still pined for the Baltimore Colts.

You Baltimore Colts fans got royally screwed.  I don't blame you for being bitter.  I'm a Minnesota North Stars fan who refuses to ever cheer for the Wild or the Stars.

As far as Peyton Manning goes, I really do enjoy the ads he does.  Especially the Mastercard advice ads.  Really funny stuff.

But I feel your pain kuribo.  I understand where you are coming from.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic