Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CBS constantly patting itself on the back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CBS constantly patting itself on the back
    Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:18pm
I swear, I can't watch any game (Michigan St-Louisville is on now) without these aCensoredholes shoehorning in another commercial bragging about how they're America's Most Watched Network, and how they have the #1 comedy, #1 drama, etc. It's even worse during football season, mainly because CBS' NFL coverage is so damn boring. But you're subjected to the same ads there too.

Geez, we get it CBS, everyone loves you! How, I don't know? But for the love of all things Holy, please SHUT UP about it! Angry Hopefully, one day, one of the other networks will step up with the ratings.

Rant over
The poster formerly known as producer757
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:20pm
Ratings = More reality shows. Dead
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Hey, I love reality tv!!

No, just kidding.  All reality tv needs to die a quick but painful death.  Now.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 4:42pm
Football is pretty darn awful on CBS, I agree. I barely watch that network. I DVR Criminal Minds and that's it. Used to watch CSI but that went downhill years ago. I did see an ad for "Survivor," seriously..that show is STILL on the air?

I think I may hate ABC more with the dumba$$ hype over every few months,"Who's the next bachelor, bachelorette?" And then announcing the D-list has been so called celebs for "Dancing with the Stars." STFU, Who gives a a sh*t!

The reality crap, I would have thought that fad would have died about 4, 5 years ago. I thought wrong! 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 5:49pm
Aww, c'mon. There's only been 19 seasons of The Bachelor, 10 seasons of The Bachelorette, and 20 seasons of Dancing With The Stars. There hasn't been enough of these pure genius shows yet. Dead

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm
I don't know if CBS is any worse that TBS saying "Very funny!" all the time when very little on that network was, in fact, funny.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm
The broadcast networks are nothing like they used to be, I know many people manage and even find good entertaiment without a pay TV service.
ABC, CBS, NBC all go to paid programming in off prime time hours, because of my odd hours, many of the channels I pay for show infomercials, that really gets to me, I'm paying for fvcking commercials?  Angry
As much as I hate FOX sometimes they do offer more everyday viewing for me.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:28pm
There are only a few channels that don't go to paid programming. I used to watch MeTV when everything else was commercials until they got rid of Wagon Train and Wanted Dead Or Alive. I find now that I watch The Hallmark Channel. They play multiple episodes of Cheers, Frasier, The Golden Girls, I Love Lucy and on some days, The Middle. No paid programming. These play every day, except around holidays. That's when they crank out the trademark cheesefest movies constantly. 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 10:55pm
I see this on all three network channels, especially during the local news.
Watch CBS  for the most accurate weather forecast. 
Breaking news! An ABC news exclusive report!
NBC news on your side.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

NBC news on your side.
I don't understand that one.  News on your side of what?  Your political party?  Your side of the bed?  What?!?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 5:19am
At some point a network will go from patting itself on the back to patting itself on the butt.  And then the sexual harassment lawsuits will begin...  LOL

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 5:54pm
NBC already patted itself on the rear end after finding out Brian Williams lied about his time in Iraq. We are a Scott Pelley family and always will be for network news. 
As for CBS, we don't watch as much as a few years ago. But still 60 Minutes, network news, NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, Mike & Molly, an occasional Big Bang Theory, The Amazing Race (pukefest at times) and sometimes Mom as well.
Our family has flipped to ABC for most TV watching during prime time. Still will not watch a thing on NBC besides local news, Ellen and Wheel of Fortune (which airs on our local NBC station).

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:16pm
I find it hard to fathom why networks advertise themselves on their own network.... we're watching already!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

NBC news on your side.
I don't understand that one.  News on your side of what?  Your political party?  Your side of the bed?  What?!?

Don't ask me.Confused
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 12:56am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The broadcast networks are nothing like they used to be, I know many people manage and even find good entertaiment without a pay TV service.
ABC, CBS, NBC all go to paid programming in off prime time hours, because of my odd hours, many of the channels I pay for show infomercials, that really gets to me, I'm paying for fvcking commercials?  Angry

You nailed it on the head! I b*tched about this a while ago, The regular networks, just basic cable like USA, TNT are no where near what is used to be. I pay a nice chunk to FIOS each month (No HBO, other pay channels.. I simply dont watch it and refuse to pay extra) When I flick channels to a show I want to watch, I CONSTANTLY land on a TV ad! So yeah, I feel like I'm paying monthly for f-ing commercials! Hell, Verizon ditched the Weather Channel, yet they kept this unless network WACP - Channel 4, its a 24 hour Informercial channel. WTF!?

Insult to injury, my DVR didn't record the recent show I'm trying to get into "American Crime." So watching it on this little ABC app for the first time (you need a Verizon acct. to even do this) You can't skip the 5 commercials that aired about 7 times during this one hour show. All the same too each time, Stellara, "All" Detergent, JC Penny, PetSmart, Kohls and Macys. So aggravating.

Vent over...

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 1:56am
Out of all the networks I watch CBS the most. Generally, their promos don't bother me. If you want annoying self promoting tune to the Peacock network NBC. They really overdo it with their lame hipster oriented shows. The same drivel: unfunny yuppies living in NYC or LA in media or publishing jobs with their same unfunny problems.
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 2:30am

Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

NBC news on your side.

Don't ask me.Confused

A couple of years ago our CBS affiliate WFSB Channel 3 for sh*ts and giggles changed its slogan from "Eyewitness News is Everywhere" to "Eyewitness News is On Your Side". Later on they went back to "Eyewitness News is Everywhere"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You nailed it on the head! I b*tched about this a while ago, The regular networks, just basic cable like USA, TNT are no where near what is used to be. I pay a nice chunk to FIOS each month (No HBO, other pay channels.. I simply dont watch it and refuse to pay extra) When I flick channels to a show I want to watch, I CONSTANTLY land on a TV ad! So yeah, I feel like I'm paying monthly for f-ing commercials! Hell, Verizon ditched the Weather Channel, yet they kept this unless network WACP - Channel 4, its a 24 hour Informercial channel. WTF!?

Insult to injury, my DVR didn't record the recent show I'm trying to get into "American Crime." So watching it on this little ABC app for the first time (you need a Verizon acct. to even do this) You can't skip the 5 commercials that aired about 7 times during this one hour show. All the same too each time, Stellara, "All" Detergent, JC Penny, PetSmart, Kohls and Macys. So aggravating.

Vent over...

WACP - Channel 4, its a 24 hour Informercial channel. WTF!?
I used to joke about eventually having "The Commercial Channel" 24/7/365. Not so funny now!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 3:56am
WACP-4 is from Atlantic City, NJ; and most likely got "must carry" status on cable systems. 
In Seattle there's an all-infomercial channel called KFFV (UHF digital 44, cable 15). It used to be 100% infomercials, but now airs "Evine Live" half of the day (ex-Shop NBC). At least it's a shopping network and not just all infomercials.
We subscribe to HBO/Cinemax, and our TV is on those networks during weekends. At least they have a variety of movies and other shows...I LOVE watching Last Week Tonight (John Oliver) and too bad it airs at 11PM on Sunday nights. I catch it earlier on the east coast feed (8PM) instead.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Hey, I love reality tv!!

No, just kidding.  All reality tv needs to die a quick but painful death.  NOW.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:20pm

Quote WACP - Channel 4, its a 24 hour Informercial channel. WTF!?
I used to joke about eventually having "The Commercial Channel" 24/7/365. Not so funny now!

Yep, all day all night about weight loss Wen shampoo, Time/Life CD Box sets and other crap. 

It wouldn't bother me if the channel was "1004" or something like that - I wouldn't even notice it. But it's slapped in between CBS and ABC so I would accidentally click on that channel. I totally wanted to delete it off my set top box but you cant. So I had to create a special "Favorites" filter and manually add the channels I want to access. 

May sound petty, I just don't want to see it on my damn channel guide!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 7:39pm
That gets me too. Same as not being able to hide the different language channels, home shopping, childrens and news channels that I never watch. Especially the channels that I don't get. Hell, I'm probably missing out on channels I might g et and watch, you know, the one or two mixed in with the 600 I don't. I can never remember the exact channel numbers to find them. The could at least group them together or change the colors to match my plan. And yes, I'm too lazy and uninspired to look for the confusing piece of paper with the mixed up channels on it. Wacko

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic