Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buick has WiFi?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buick has WiFi?????
    Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:29am
I have seen this dozens of times in the last week.  I can't find the video, but this horror show goes something like this:

Her Buick has WiFi?
Her Buick has WiFi???
Seriously?
Seriously.
Seriously??
Seriously!

Seriously, STFU.
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:42am
Is this it?

Those poor children at the end. What will they do without internet while walking all the way to the house. They might miss a tweet, or worse, a Facebook status update. Oh, the horror. Unspeakable horror. Shocked

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:57am
That's the one, though it is an extended version of what I've been seeing.  Reason I didn't think that this was a the one is because they don't show the people at the end.

Seriously. LOL
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:27pm
SICK of the Buick commercials--acting like they are like a Rolls Royce.  The old lady gets in the car and "oooh my!"  BARF!  Nothing more than a rebadged Chevrolet.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:05pm
Not understanding why car manufacturers are doing this. States are trying to get people from using cell phones and texting while driving, so here comes Wifi.
So back to steering with your knees while updating your facebook status on a laptop.Confused
FennelCartwright View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennelCartwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:46pm
I don't know why they are portraying this as some kind of technological breakthrough when cell phones have had WiFi & Bluetooth tethering around for several years which would accomplish the same goal. 

Knowing GM's record this "feature" will be riddled with all kinds of bugs and lead to millions of recalls. 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Not understanding why car manufacturers are doing this. States are trying to get people from using cell phones and texting while driving, so here comes Wifi.
So back to steering with your knees while updating your facebook status on a laptop.Confused
Most likely for features such as the GPS, direction look-ups, etc. Standard GPS units are fine for looking up addresses, but the ones I've had require manual updating to get the latest layout of the town and still tend to be inaccurate when it comes to who's open/closed, etc.

Also could be good for online radio channels, and of course the benefit people will most likely see with it is that they'll be able to circumvent paying for high-data phone plans.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:16am
Also, according to the commercial, your great great great great grandmother can update her blog!  Everyone wins.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 2:15am

I too find this amusing and ironic. Especially with Buick since their target buyers range in age from 66 and up! Buick should instead equip their fugly land yachts with First Call For Help (The Fallen Down and Can't Get Up gee gaw) also a hearing aid cleaner/holder. Plus a deluxe option where you can poo in your seat while driving in the left lane of I-95 going 30 mph. Also a Depends dispenser. And don't forget a GPS where one can find soft prunes and early bird special restaurants. And drop down O2 masks.
I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 3:40pm
Kinda reminds me of the early Infiniti commercials, bragging about heated mirrors and cup holders.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Also, according to the commercial, your great great great great grandmother can update her blog!  Everyone wins.
FUNNY!  Isn't great grandma always posting selfies from the nightclub on her instagram?  lol   All old people care about is a car that is affordable, safe, and good on gas.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I too find this amusing and ironic. Especially with Buick since their target buyers range in age from 66 and up! ......while driving in the left lane of I-95 going 30 mph.

And an over-size rear view mirror for that glare they give the driver following too close behind.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:15pm
I can't stand it when the old lady goes "WOAAH"
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Most likely for features such as the GPS, direction look-ups, etc. Standard GPS units are fine for looking up addresses, but the ones I've had require manual updating to get the latest layout of the town and still tend to be inaccurate when it comes to who's open/closed, etc.

Also could be good for online radio channels, and of course the benefit people will most likely see with it is that they'll be able to circumvent paying for high-data phone plans.

So much for cheap.
Monthly Plan          200 MB 1 GB 3 GB 5 GB
OnStar Subscriber   $5          $15          $30          $50
Non-Subscriber          $10          $20          $30         $50

One-time purchase packages are also planned in two sizes, and will be valid for the durations noted below. One-time packages are available as follows:
One Time Purchase 250 MB/1 Day 10 GB/12 Months
OnStar Subscriber          $5                         $150
Non-Subscriber                  $5                         $150

For existing AT&T customers, a 4G LTE-equipped GM vehicle can be added to a Mobile Share Plan for $10 per month. 

Shocked  But at least you get 3gb/mo free for 3 months.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:48pm

I too find this amusing and ironic. Especially with Buick since their target buyers range in age from 66 and up!
I said something similar yesterday. Driving a Buick with WiFi now means you look like you're 48 instead of 72. Tongue The car still looks like a bulky hunk of metal and fiberglass.

Don't even get me started on Peyton Manning and Shaq trying to convince me they drive Buicks! LOL
The poster formerly known as producer757
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I too find this amusing and ironic. Especially with Buick since their target buyers range in age from 66 and up!
I said something similar yesterday. Driving a Buick with WiFi now means you look like you're 48 instead of 72. Tongue The car still looks like a bulky hunk of metal and fiberglass.

Don't even get me started on Peyton Manning and Shaq trying to convince me they drive Buicks! LOL
Listening to Shaq for more than two minutes makes me wonder if he is even capable of driving.  He sounds like he's been hit in the head about 12 times too many.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 3:53am
Originally posted by 20carrocks 20carrocks wrote:

Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

FUNNY!  Isn't great grandma always posting selfies from the nightclub on her instagram?  lol   All old people care about is a car that is affordable, safe, and good on gas.

And usually (though not essential), they'd like to be able to see past the hood.
You know.. "Sit low, drive slow."

Wi-Fi or not, old people should not be allowed to drive.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:48am
I haven't liked Buick ads since they dropped Shaq as their spokesman. It seems like everyone in the current ad campaign is an idiot, from the dopes who don't know what a Buick looks like(great selling point there!) to the tiresome 'hip granny' with her blog, to the airheads saying 'seriously', and especially, that couple spying on their neighbors and their new Buick(Hey, guy with mullet, the '90s called, they wantt heir stupid fashion trend back).
But the worst part is that stupid, cloying, repetitive music.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 10:31pm
^^ And Manning...
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:20pm
^^ Yeah, even that one is better than most of his Papa John's ads.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:30pm

I too find this amusing and ironic. Especially with Buick since their target buyers range in age from 66 and up! Buick should instead equip their fugly land yachts with First Call For Help (The Fallen Down and Can't Get Up gee gaw) also a hearing aid cleaner/holder. Plus a deluxe option where you can poo in your seat while driving in the left lane of I-95 going 30 mph. Also a Depends dispenser. And don't forget a GPS where one can find soft prunes and early bird special restaurants. And drop down O2 masks.

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! You're making me laugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic