Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheerios-Same old Gracie (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheerios-Same old Gracie (video)
    Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 5:16pm
Well folks, they decided to bring it back so, so am I.

I know we had at least another thread on it, it didn't show up in my search, maybe it timed out.

C'mon dad, man up! Bringing a little one into the house should not be a bargaining tool for the oldest child.
Mom's look tells the story, not only will she have a newborn baby but dad will be stepping over piles of dog sh*t, with a bowl of snacks, trying to get back to the TV.
Yes, Gracie is adorable and she does an excellent 'attitude' look, but really?  This again?

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 6:20pm

A newborn and a puppy at the same time?  Probably not a good idea.  'Cuz ya know it's not gonna be Gracie training the puppy.  For her, it'll be all hugs and kisses and love.  Dad will do all the real work.

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:06pm
ugh not this little girl again
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 7:54pm
'Gracie' probably already has some baby step-brothers or step-sisters, maybe a step-puppy even.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:04pm
Is this the same Cheerios fam where the supposedly cute lil one asks Mom about heart health and then dumps the box of Cheerios all over Daddy on the couch?

Oh, God.  No.  Dead

Guess who's going to be dumped at the local shelter and possibly exterminated because it just didn't work out at the Cheerios Household?  Cry  Not the cutesy-runs-the-whole-show-princess brat, not the clueless whatever daddy sez mom and not the dumbass dad who explains life stories with pieces of cereal.  Angry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Is this the same Cheerios fam where the supposedly cute lil one asks Mom about heart health and then dumps the box of Cheerios all over Daddy on the couch?

Oh, God.  No.  Dead

Yeah, that was the one that the media came to rescue from Youtube commenters making ridiculous racist posts because the couple's interracial.  The media made a big deal out of it, practically hailing the family as the living reincarnation of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:13pm
^That just makes things worse.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, God.  No.  Dead

Yeah, that was the one that the media came to rescue from Youtube commenters making ridiculous racist posts because the couple's interracial.  The media made a big deal out of it, practically hailing the family as the living reincarnation of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

I remember the big controversy because (1) Cheerios was so with it and modern that a white woman portrayed as marrying a black man, and having his baby, was groundbreaking in TVLand (where one has to ask "How does it play in Peoria?") and (2) the eejits who never noticed there are biracial people and families all over the country and were so offended that they appeared on the idiot box.
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:26am

I remember the big controversy because (1) Cheerios was so with it and modern that a white woman portrayed as marrying a black man, and having his baby, was groundbreaking in TVLand (where one has to ask "How does it play in Peoria?") and (2) the eejits who never noticed there are biracial people and families all over the country and were so offended that they appeared on the idiot box.

These commercials are kinda silly, especially the one where she pours the Cheerios all over Dad's chest.  Still, I commend them for portraying an interracial couple, something you still rarely see in a commercial.  I'm sure everybody realizes that interracial families exist, but unfortunately some people still consider it abnormal, even abhorrent. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:41am
Originally posted by purple rose purple rose wrote:

I remember the big controversy because (1) Cheerios was so with it and modern that a white woman portrayed as marrying a black man, and having his baby, was groundbreaking in TVLand (where one has to ask "How does it play in Peoria?") and (2) the eejits who never noticed there are biracial people and families all over the country and were so offended that they appeared on the idiot box.

These commercials are kinda silly, especially the one where she pours the Cheerios all over Dad's chest.  Still, I commend them for portraying an interracial couple, something you still rarely see in a commercial.  I'm sure everybody realizes that interracial families exist, but unfortunately some people still consider it abnormal, even abhorrent
LOLYea! That's it! HOW does it even HAPPEN?!
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:54am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

These commercials are kinda silly, especially the one where she pours the Cheerios all over Dad's chest.  Still, I commend them for portraying an interracial couple, something you still rarely see in a commercial.  I'm sure everybody realizes that interracial families exist, but unfortunately some people still consider it abnormal, even abhorrent

Hubby (Asian) and I (Caucasian) are fortunate that we live in an area where such couplings are commonplace and nobody bats an eye at us, but there are places we've travelled to, and situations we've found ourselves in where that wasn't the case.  
And for black/white couples, you don't even have to go any further than Berkeley, CA.  

http://reverbpress.com/features/comedian-kamau-bell-racially-profiled-at-berkeley-eatery-server-fired-video/
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 4:19am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Hubby (Asian) and I (Caucasian) are fortunate that we live in an area where such couplings are commonplace and nobody bats an eye at us, but there are places we've travelled to, and situations we've found ourselves in where that wasn't the case.  
And for black/white couples, you don't even have to go any further than Berkeley, CA.  

http://reverbpress.com/features/comedian-kamau-bell-racially-profiled-at-berkeley-eatery-server-fired-video/
WinkWell-understood topic...almost 50 years, 5 grown pups, granpups, tons of stories...this couple===>Direct Link To This Post
Been everywhere...never 'limited'.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 6:34pm

Oh, God.  No.  Dead

Guess who's going to be dumped at the local shelter and possibly exterminated because it just didn't work out at the Cheerios Household?  Cry  Not the cutesy-runs-the-whole-show-princess brat, not the clueless whatever daddy sez mom and not the dumbass dad who explains life stories with pieces of cereal.  Angry

I hate that Cheerios Commercial...Gracie pours Cheerios on her dad? In real life...she'd be grounded and/or spanked (well...if I did that when I was a kid, that's would happen)!

Another commercial where a kid does whatever they damn well please without discipline!AngryAngryAngry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
sandy m View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 8:26pm
Agreed.  The first time was enough!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic