Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Bread 'Eat Adventurously' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera Bread 'Eat Adventurously' (video)
    Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 12:25am
Shocked"Look! That lady with the hair style of a 12-year old and her friends are slurping overpriced SOUPY Asian NOODLES in an All-American BREAD SHOP while someone with a fake foreign accent  announces these well-known facts to all of us trying to watch anything else but this commercial!"
ConfusedThat wouldn't be that Geico Free-Range Chicken being served with the noodles, would it? If so, couldn't they play some Roy Orbison in the background? 
...and, oh yea - did anyone else catch the attempt at corny spelling humor ('spune')?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 12:27am

Such chick food!  LOL

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 12:52am
K, so water down some Catalina dressing and pour it over a Caeser salad. Got it.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 12:55am
Noodles, spinach, chicken and mushrooms!  How adventurous.  And yeah, adults look ridiculous with those blunt cut bangs, especially when they make dopey faces and slurp their food like a 10 year old.  
If I find myself at Panera I'll stick with a sandwich.  If I want an "Asian bowl" I'll go to a real pho joint.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 1:25am
No thank you Panera.  And I never see any young hipsters at the Panera in my hood, it's almost always full of old people.  
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 1:34am
Always yuppies here. Usually a buncha self entitled twatwaffles. As far as the ad, they lost me at the cutesy misspellings. Oh so clever..
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
FennelCartwright View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennelCartwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:42pm
I too like to cut my hair with a weed wacker.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:29am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

As far as the ad, they lost me at the cutesy misspellings. Oh so clever..

Cutesy misspellings in brackets, for no apparent reason.  They also use these pointless brackets in those awful [yellow tail] commercials.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:34am
If I was at a restaurant and an "adult" in the booth next to me were to be slurping like that, I would be tempted to slap them with the same "gusto".
liamr View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

As far as the ad, they lost me at the cutesy misspellings. Oh so clever..

Cutesy misspellings in brackets, for no apparent reason.  They also use these pointless brackets in those awful [yellow tail] commercials.

I think the brackets thing was how the ingredients are supposed to be pronounced, because you know we're too stupid to know how to.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:09am

I dunno.  In the above screen capture, "look!" is in brackets, too.  I think they're using brackets to seem---I dunno---hip or something?  Maybe they feel sorry for brackets, which are cruelly overlooked.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:21am
I'll bet that crappy little bowl of noodles goes for about $6.99 too.

Not counting drink & tip.

Tally it all up & by the the time you're done, you've probably spent somewhere north of 10 bucks for a frickin bowl of noodles.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
liamr View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'll bet that crappy little bowl of noodles goes for about $6.99 too.

Not counting drink & tip.

Tally it all up & by the the time you're done, you've probably spent somewhere north of 10 bucks for a frickin bowl of noodles.

Close! You're looking at close to 10 for just the bowl alone. According to the Panera website the broth bowls will run from $8.19 - $8.69. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 2:38pm
Yikes! I was trying to be reasonable, too!!!

Who would fork over 8 bucks for a bowl of ramen worth about 15ยข????

Knuckleheads, that's who!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:00pm

One of these opened near me a few years back.  I just figured it was a bakery where they sold various breads.  I wanted to check it out, but I'd been off bread for awhile and didn't want to get back into it.  Now I realize it's just another overpriced chain restaurant with a fake "old-timey"-sounding name, like the Cheesecake Factory.

liamr View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liamr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:53pm
Both Jimbo and Thor nailed it, I've eaten there before (only because of a gift card) and it just seems to be a bunch of pretentious crud. Please pay five dollars for a small cup of mac n cheese, it's this expensive because we use shells and that makes us special.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:33pm
My better half an I got a $25 gift card to Panera for Christmas. We finally used it the other day. 2 sandwiches and a large coffee. $24 and change. She was happy and full. I was depressed and still starving. Went across the street to the grocery store and bought a better sandwich there. Half the price and better tasting. Then I too, was happy and full. Approve
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:34pm
I agree that you'd have to be a dumbass to pay for a Panera bowl for $10.00 when you could buy a Cup Of Noodles for $1.00, a Burger King Nuggets pack for $1.60, a pastry from your local bakery for $1.60, and a Nice! Brand of soda for $1.40. It comes up to $5.60. You just dump the nuggets in the CON, soak up the pastry with the noodle broth, and have the cheap soda as a drink. It's virtually the same as a Panera bowl meal, but you made out with a $4.40 savings!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 6:01pm
MrsD brought home a little bag of toffee something-or-other cookies from Panera. Apparently they clear everything out at the end of the day. I don't know what these things cost per cookie, but damn, them's good cookies.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 6:35pm

My better half an I got a $25 gift card to Panera for Christmas. We finally used it the other day. 2 sandwiches and a large coffee. $24 and change. She was happy and full. I was depressed and still starving. Went across the street to the grocery store and bought a better sandwich there. Half the price and better tasting. Then I too, was happy and full. Approve

I hate places like that.  I remember once getting ravioli at some pretentious Ital restaurant in SF, and then, on the way home, stopping at a supermarket for a bag of frozen ravioli so that I could actually satisfy my craving for the stuff.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 6:52pm
About Panera, they did one day give me a free sample small bowl when I was hungry, right before payday.... Hey, I've done stranger things when I was running low on cash right before payday than ask a restaurant for a free sample....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:45pm
Panera has really good Asiago cheese bagels.

Expensive, though.

Like everything else they sell.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:47pm

I'm sure I'd like their breads.  Asiago bagels sound good!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:03pm
They're good plain with a Coke.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:13pm
The asiago bagels are good, and they have/had a cinnamon one that was good if you were in the mood for sweet. The rent-a-car guys used to bring in bags of them every now and then, so I have no clue what they cost. I think I've set foot in a Panera once.

Do kinda miss those bagels though.  Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic