Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xarelto - Arnold Palmer, Kevin Nealon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xarelto - Arnold Palmer, Kevin Nealon
    Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 4:33pm
Look at the star power in this new crap ad for Xarelto. 

Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:23pm
At least Kevin Nealon identifies himself as a comedian... who knew?

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

At least Kevin Nealon identifies himself as a comedian... who knew?

I never thought this tool was funny. Drier than melba toast. And I personally met him and still couldn't muster up a chuckle.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 5:23pm
Don't forget Brian, out of the car again and on blood thinners.
I guess they don't want him bleeding all over hte track if he gets hurt.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 4:57pm
I think I finally figured out why I dislike Kevin Nealon so much. I just saw this commercial again, and it hit me when they're ordering drinks. It's like he's trying to be Chevy Chase. His attitude, his speech, everything about him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about Chevy Chase either, but at least he's himself.
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Don't forget Brian, out of the car again and on blood thinners.
I guess they don't want him bleeding all over hte track if he gets hurt.
I don't think he'll be a face of Xarelto anytime soon either, given his current condition.  So no more commercials about him driving alone to have a picnic out in the boonies with some random people.
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:42pm

I think I finally figured out why I dislike Kevin Nealon so much. I just saw this commercial again, and it hit me when they're ordering drinks. It's like he's trying to be Chevy Chase. His attitude, his speech, everything about him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about Chevy Chase either, but at least he's himself.

Agree.

Also, couldn't they coach these guys so that they all pronounce the product name in the same way?
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:47am
Two things I noticed. Brian didn't actually SAY he took the drug. He just said he asked his doctor about it. Second, is it me or is Arnold Palmer looking like death warmed over? I know he is old, but he looks too old to be doing commercials. 
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:50am
And I love how it's just three guys getting together and what do they prefer to talk about? Why, Xarelto of course. BTW, who comes up with these stupid drug names?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:51am
I find it a little odd that this commercial is running at the same time as an ad about a Class Action Lawsuit involving this drug.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 5:00pm

The Chevy Chase comparison is absolutely correct. I stopped watching SNL many years ago, probably because the talent level of most of the "comedians" we're hitting rock bottom. Nealon is not funny, at all.
Chevy Chase has been funny in the past, and I even liked him on the TV programme Community, but I've heard that he is an egotistical twat.
Nealon looks like one of those "comedians" who cant't face the fact that he's getting older, and losing his hair. Just trim it down Kevin, and get a better writer. Be real.
One man gathers what another man spills
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 9:03pm
I've had it with this commercial. I see it during the morning news, 6pm news. During Jeopardy.
The p*ss poor attempt to add humor in this junk "I'll have a Kevin Nealon" Brian wearing a racing helmet to drive his golf cart. "Safety first."

It was mentioned, Arnold seems like he doesn't know where he is. These 3 spend a long nice day playing golf and talking about a pill, even Brian whispers some fact about doctors peddling this to 11 million "and that number is growing" as Arnold attempts a funny smart a** remark. STFU you has-beens.

Sorry, long day. Its raining, cold ..yet again and I'm tired and grumpy. 
carry on.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:42am
These 3 twats deserve multiple punches to the face and body. I especially hate the lame ass pun b.s. Buncha no talent Douchbaggery going on here.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:14pm
Hans and Franz is his claim to fame, Kevin Nealon that is. I have always hated that bit. It's not funny at all, and now it's being reprised in another ad. Nealon should go back to being a waiter, or whatever he was doing before he was " discovered"!
One man gathers what another man spills
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 2:39pm
Agree on all things Nealon except he was a real asset on Weeds..his character was a dope smoking butt munch SUPREME but that show DID have great writers
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Hans and Franz is his claim to fame, Kevin Nealon that is. I have always hated that bit. It's not funny at all, and now it's being reprised in another ad. Nealon should go back to being a waiter, or whatever he was doing before he was " discovered"!

I always hated Hans and Franz ("Let us bend you over and pump you up") The current State Farm commercial once again embarrasses me as a policy holder.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 6:26pm
Kevin Nealon is part of that unfunny bit called "Hanz and Franz"? Another reason to hate him! Arnold Palmer sounds and looks too old to do commercials. Sad.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:21am
"Make mine a 'Kevin Nealon' "
def.- 'Kevin Nealon'- Monkey urine served over ice
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:00pm
They have added some more 'star power' to the commercial.

I have heard of, or know about the other 3, never heard of this guy.

I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:04pm
I should add that my hate grows for Nealon everytime the stupid ass Charter commercial comes on.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 8:21pm
Apparently the original version wasn't diverse enough. I hope everyone can be happy now.

Cry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:11am
they added the VELICARAPTOR -chris bosh-from the HEAT?
wow--what CHARISMA he sports!
lets add MORE athletes who look super menacing when they play!

hey--i bet RAY RICE would  be on this commercial
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 10:42pm
Not diverse enough, we need an Asian. Is washed up Margaret Cho available?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 12:04am

Does she golf?   I'll bet it's pretty easy to get a hole-in-one with her.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Does she golf?   I'll bet it's pretty easy to get a hole-in-one with her.

ouch..but agreed--she will DO anything
as long as its not FUNNYEmbarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic