Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's Discount Furniture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoshCraver9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's Discount Furniture
    Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 6:32pm
I am sick of seeing these Bob's Discount Furniture ads during EVERY commercial break, seems that my local Cable company loves these commercials because I see one during the local ad insertion, sometimes there is TWO in a row!! There isn't even a Bob's Furniture store within miles of where I live, the closest one is in Rockvile! Bob, I do not want your mediocre quality furniture; and Antietam, please STOP!!! Or else I'm getting DirecTV!!
Sponsored Links

ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 11:41pm
When I lived in the New England area, I hated these commercials too. He looks like a pedophile and has an annoying voice. 
TinEars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinEars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 1:05am
They're the TV equivalent of those "lower my bills" banner ads from a decade ago. Dead
Clint View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 4:30pm
The blonde bimbo (she's his marketing director) and her overdone gestures is the worst.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Clint Clint wrote:

The blonde bimbo (she's his marketing director) and her overdone gestures is the worst.

I love it when she she tries to act sexy and seductive while she's the boniest most repulsive thing on TV. I think she's trying to be Kelly Ripa.... Poor thing.
Also, I know from experience the furniture IS crap!
I recently had to switch from Direct Tv to cable. It was shortly after, when one of these commercials came on, that I realized how lucky I was with satellite over cable.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 5:40pm
I could barely stand his commercials in the 90s! They only got progressively worse! Always hated that voice claymation or no claymation. I actually met the guy who did the animations. He showed some of his animations to a art class back around 2008. His name is M. Bannon. I think. Never hated the guy for the ads. He used to do animation for Davey & Goliath.

I say M. Bannon because I don't want to use his full name. I don't want people to send hate mail to him over his Bob's Discount Furniture commercials. He's a respectable guy just doing his job.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:29pm
The cartoon drawing of him makes him look like BJ Honeycutt from M*A*S*H!
One man gathers what another man spills
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 8:15am
Jimmy, I saw the commercial tonight and said the same thing!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:03am
I hate all of his ads.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:37am
I CANNOT STAND these ads.

This old putz and his ditz blonde wife, friend, mistress..whoever. Just appeared out of nowhere early last year and it's been non stop on the Philly airwaves. These stores are popping up all over like a bad flu outbreak. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Clint Clint wrote:

Ah, disregard the wife, mistress remark. had no idea she is the marketing director. Doesn't matter, she's still a bimbo ditz.

Nah, this photo isn't TOO creepy.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I CANNOT STAND these ads.

This old putz and his ditz blonde wife, friend, mistress..whoever. Just appeared out of nowhere early last year and it's been non stop on the Philly airwaves. These stores are popping up all over like a bad flu outbreak. 

Hey Philly, brace yourself, there's a lot more to come!  Here in CT we've been dealing with this crap for over a decade. Every commercial break, every day! As I mentioned in a previous post, they appear not to have infested Direct Tv (at least as of about six months ago). I was forced to change to cable when I moved so things may have changed since then. Not to sound like a commercial, but here's another reason I miss Direct TV.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Big Bruddah View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bruddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:22pm
I live in New England and these ads are all over tv like a creeping fungus. Jordans furniture has annoying ads as well.....they both suck donkeys!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 4:27pm
As my mom says about something stupid or moronic or highly upsetting "this sucks donkey d###!"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Hey Philly, brace yourself, there's a lot more to come!  Here in CT we've been dealing with this crap for over a decade. Every commercial break, every day! As I mentioned in a previous post, they appear not to have infested Direct Tv (at least as of about six months ago). I was forced to change to cable when I moved so things may have changed since then. Not to sound like a commercial, but here's another reason I miss Direct TV.

My Verizon FIOS is infested with Bob.

Off topic, it's also infested with Verizon FIOS ads. I never understand this, I have FIOS already so why do I see 80% Verizon commercials, maybe 15% Comcast and 5% DirectTV? And I won't be upgrading to their Quantum junk..so I can throw away more money when they can't spend a few extra bucks to renew The Weather Channel? F them.

Harttrevor View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harttrevor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:08pm
I am from new England and I don't like Bernie and phyls sick and tired of Bernie and phyls
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Harttrevor Harttrevor wrote:

I am from new England and I don't like Bernie and phyls sick and tired of Bernie and phyls

Is Bernie and Phyls Bob nd Whatsherface? I'm not getting it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic