Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miss Dior Runaway Bride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss Dior Runaway Bride
    Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:58am
Has anyone seen this garbage commercial for Miss Dior with Natalie Portman playing a bride who has a change of heart at the altar and for some reason kicks her heels off and runs away to a helicopter flying over Paris. I don't get it and it makes me angry everytime I see it. I'd have posted a video,but I'm not smart enough to do so.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 4:38am

Here 'tis:

I think it'd be funny if the helicopter crashed.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:33pm
I only like the song.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 4:45pm
I agree with my buddy Ad nauseous. I only like the song, other than that, this commercial can kiss my a**. I don't give a flying hoot about runaway brides. Not only does that cliche p*** me off, but so do many other marriage cliches do. This ad is boring, and nothing really exciting. However unlike Thor, I don't want the helicopter to crash, I want it to be sent to a universe where the 'bride' is fed to some goblins for dinner.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Dr.HortonWho View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.HortonWho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:13pm
Just more fantasy fodder for the current generation of idiots to bail from their promises. Real-life isn't like that, and there isn't some "perfect man" (or woman) who will fulfill all of your fantasies.

The "copter guy" might just end up being one-dimensional, while (hopefully) the groom she left behind was a great guy, who will kick her out the door when she realizes her mistake.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:35am
Dr. Horton, what you said reminds me of my a Sister Sister episode where Tia dumps her solid boyfriend for her Professor that she feelsthat they have a deep connection (The show doesn't even hint at how inappropriate 18 year old college student Tia dumping Tyreke for her 30 year professor was), and Tia is crushed when her Professor introduces her to his girlfriend, and reveals he only liked her as a hardworking student, not romantically.

She goes to Tyreke and tries to take him back, but he isn't having it. He knows that she only took him back because the Professor didn't like her romantically, and he leaves her literally alone.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 4:08pm
I still want to know who the hell wears a black slip under a white wedding dress.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Dr. Horton, what you said reminds me of my a Sister Sister episode where Tia dumps her solid boyfriend for her Professor that she feelsthat they have a deep connection (The show doesn't even hint at how inappropriate 18 year old college student Tia dumping Tyreke for her 30 year professor was), and Tia is crushed when her Professor introduces her to his girlfriend, and reveals he only liked her as a hardworking student, not romantically.

She goes to Tyreke and tries to take him back, but he isn't having it. He knows that she only took him back because the Professor didn't like her romantically, and he leaves her literally alone.
How can I ever thank you enough for explaining all of that.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic