Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wendy's Cod Fish-Bump!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wendy's Cod Fish-Bump!
    Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:47pm

UGH! Does Wendy's Commercials HAVE to get Dumber over the Years?

Can we have a Dave Thomas Hologram for the next ones?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:57pm
I saw this commercial, and seriously thought I was imagining things when they said and did the "Fish Bump."  I mean, surely they wouldn't stoop to such incomprehensible stupidity as that?  Then I realized it was after all a Wendy's commercial, so therefore yes, surely they would. And they did.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 7:28pm
The year, 1978.
I was a newlywed, I loved Wendy's burgers.
My stupid wife, saw some story that Wendy's used worm as filler in the meat, "I don't want any of those worm burgers" I should have smacked her, but I didn't.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 9:19pm
My favorite part is the end where the guy covers the sides of the fish bowl like he's covering ears so the fish won't hear them, but right outside the bowl, 18 inches away, unhidden by Mr. McThoughtfulpants' hands, is HIS fish sandwich.

Mom!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 10:37pm
Thought for a second Wendy actually had a mouthful of sammich - but I was wrong.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 11:03pm
When I saw the commercial I thought that maybe Wendy's got bought out by Samsung and this was really the 'Galaxy Cod Bump' where you can actually make the condiments transfer from one sammie to the other...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

My favorite part is the end where the guy covers the sides of the fish bowl like he's covering ears so the fish won't hear them, but right outside the bowl, 18 inches away, unhidden by Mr. McThoughtfulpants' hands, is HIS fish sandwich.

Mom!

If supplies run low, maybe Wendy's could re-launch this commerical as the new "Atlantic Goldfish Sandwich".

And is it just me, or does that fish bump intonation remind you of the "awesome sauce" from the Discover Card "Twins" commercial?

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The year, 1978.
I was a newlywed, I loved Wendy's burgers.
My stupid wife, saw some story that Wendy's used worm as filler in the meat, "I don't want any of those worm burgers" I should have smacked her, but I didn't.

When I was a kid, I remember that rumor going around about McDonalds.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was true about McDonalds.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:19pm
Wasn't it Fox News that said the fist bump was a terrorist gesture??

Oh no our dear Wendy could be an extremist!

Yes, I'm making fun of terrorists, I had a tough day DEAL WITH IT!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

That's because Obama was using the fist bump, and of course we all know that Obama is a Muslim terrorist... right? LOL LOL LOL. At least he is to all those who watch Fox.  IF you really want a laugh, Google Jon Stewart and "Fox's fifty lies in nine seconds". GREAT STUFF!!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Thought for a second Wendy actually had a mouthful of sammich - but I was wrong.

Yeah, In the first frame or two she's removing her hand from mouth like she just took a bite, but if you look closely, you see that it's just her fingers. Also, a little later she's talking about it holding an untouched sammich (no bites missing).
As I've said many times before, she'd be a little more convincing if she actually ATE the damn food!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Yeah, In the first frame or two she's removing her hand from mouth like she just took a bite, but if you look closely, you see that it's just her fingers. Also, a little later she's talking about it holding an untouched sammich (no bites missing).
As I've said many times before, she'd be a little more convincing if she actually ATE the damn food!

Maybe if she gained a few pounds she wouldn't come off as so f*cking smarmy.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:32am
F##k the stupid humor. Just show me the fracking sandwich and you got me hooked!

Those shots make me hungry!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:38am
I do love their fish sandwich. I don't know why they don't have it all the time. It's really the best fast food fish sandwich.

Also, why DON'T they actually eat the sandwiches in these ads?!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:40am

F##k the stupid humor. Just show me the fracking sandwich and you got me hooked!

Those shots make me hungry!

Ha! Hooked. Fish sammich. I get it.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 6:25pm

That's okay...I had a bad day yesterday too...

I hate my job!Angry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:34pm
I had the Cod Sandwich and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS!!!! Loved every bite of it. So far my experience with Wendy's has been good. My dad had it with cheese and said it was a little dry.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 2:47am
BK tried to fool me a while ago with their Premium Fish Sand..Culvers and Wendys doing similar things hardly fills me with confidence especially after that oily debacle of Filet O Fish from the KING
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic