Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm
I ordered a gas string trimmer on Saturday.  Only $78. It arrived today along with my socks.  Thumbs Up

I bought some Bee spray and some WSWF at the convenience store today.  The truck tells me when the fluid is low.  It's dusty back here and the windshield gets dirty just sitting out there.  Of course the 4 wheeler dumbasses don't help much with that.  I sprayed the hive just above my back door.  I had no idea it was so big.  I'll hit it again in the morning when they are less active.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:02am
I need an OTC cure for Edema in my feet and ankles.  This is what made me go to the hospital last year.  The f*cking doctors won't prescribe anything without an office visit.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:11am
I tried to sign up for health insurance at Healthcare.gov.  What a bunch of BS!  They said I was not eligible because of my income.  My SS benefit is less that $1200 a month! How do I not qualify?  They sent me 12 pages (text on both sides) of paperwork.  Talk about exciting reading!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:14am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I tried to sign up for health insurance at Healthcare.gov.  What a bunch of BS!  They said I was not eligible because of my income.  My SS benefit is less that $1200 a month! How do I not qualify?  They sent me 12 pages (text on both sides) of paperwork.  Talk about exciting reading!

Maybe tell them you are a Haitian immigrant and you will end up with a new house and groceries for a year! Plus the latest Iphone! And a job offer that pays $30.00 an hour!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:22am
Originally posted by MustangMarj MustangMarj wrote:

Maybe tell them you are a Haitian immigrant and you will end up with a new house and groceries for a year! Plus the latest Iphone! And a job offer that pays $30.00 an hour!
LOLLOL
I like the mean Marj!  Wink

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 2:23am

LOLLOL
I like the mean Marj!  Wink

Truly, I am not mean! I just get super pissed off when immigrants invade our country, don't have to be vaccinated, could be murderers and rapists and get everything handed to them on a silver platter!

My brother, who lives in Canada, does not get the same benefits. There are weeks when he can't afford bread or milk while working.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 2:49am
On second thought - yeah, I am mean!

But I'm a likeable mean if you know what I mean!   
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:01am
Quote Maybe tell them you are a Haitian immigrant and...

...they'll deport you to a warmer climate! 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 3:31pm

Truly, I am not mean! I just get super pissed off when immigrants invade our country, don't have to be vaccinated, could be murderers and rapists and get everything handed to them on a silver platter!

My brother, who lives in Canada, does not get the same benefits. There are weeks when he can't afford bread or milk while working.

I don't know you well enough to agree or disagree about whether or not you are "mean", but like so many other Trumpers, you seem to be a little uninformed. And like most Trumpers, you don't seem to be overly concerned about whether or not much of what you post about politics etc., is accurate.

Re: illegals getting "everything handed to them on a silver platter", what exactly do they get? 

The vast majority of illegals do not get any govt benefits. 

Only in Los Angeles and San Francisco can they get limited, non-emergency medical treatment. Other than that, if one of them is seriously injured and in need of life saving emergency treatment, obviously they would get that in any civilized country. 

Hell, we give more than that to low-life criminal scum doing time in our Federal Prisons for crimes like drug trafficking.

You also mentioned them not having to be vaccinated. 

I'm guessing that if we gave them free vaccinations, the Trumpers would be howling about that too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:10pm

Jimbo, she didn't say "illegals"; she just said "immigrants". And yes, they do get plenty of benefits. In some places, they (Dems, I assume) are even trying to get them some local voting rights.

Anyway, here's a big, long copy/paste from the 'net:

Of non-citizens in Census Bureau data, roughly half are in the country illegally. Non-citizens also include long-term temporary visitors (e.g. guestworkers and foreign students) and permanent residents who have not naturalized (green card holders). Despite the fact that there are barriers designed to prevent welfare use for all of these non-citizen populations, the data shows that, overall, non-citizen households access the welfare system at high rates, often receiving benefits on behalf of U.S.-born children.

Among the findings:

In 2014, 63 percent of households headed by a non-citizen reported that they used at least one welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native-headed households.
Welfare use drops to 58 percent for non-citizen households and 30 percent for native households if cash payments from the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) are not counted as welfare. EITC recipients pay no federal income tax. Like other welfare, the EITC is a means-tested, anti-poverty program, but unlike other programs one has to work to receive it.
Compared to native households, non-citizen households have much higher use of food programs (45 percent vs. 21 percent for natives) and Medicaid (50 percent vs. 23 percent for natives).
Including the EITC, 31 percent of non-citizen-headed households receive cash welfare, compared to 19 percent of native households. If the EITC is not included, then cash receipt by non-citizen households is slightly lower than natives (6 percent vs. 8 percent).
While most new legal immigrants (green card holders) are barred from most welfare programs, as are illegal immigrants and temporary visitors, these provisions have only a modest impact on non-citizen household use rates because: 1) most legal immigrants have been in the country long enough to qualify; 2) the bar does not apply to all programs, nor does it always apply to non-citizen children; 3) some states provide welfare to new immigrants on their own; and, most importantly, 4) non-citizens (including illegal immigrants) can receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children who are awarded U.S. citizenship and full welfare eligibility at birth.
The following figures include EITC:

No single program explains non-citizens' higher overall welfare use. For example, not counting school lunch and breakfast, welfare use is still 61 percent for non-citizen households compared to 33 percent for natives. Not counting Medicaid, welfare use is 55 percent for immigrants compared to 30 percent for natives.
Welfare use tends to be high for both newer arrivals and long-time residents. Of households headed by non-citizens in the United States for fewer than 10 years, 50 percent use one or more welfare programs; for those here more than 10 years, the rate is 70 percent.
Welfare receipt by working households is very common. Of non-citizen households receiving welfare, 93 percent have at least one worker, as do 76 percent of native households receiving welfare. In fact, non-citizen households are more likely overall to have a worker than are native households.1
The primary reason welfare use is so high among non-citizens is that a much larger share of non-citizens have modest levels of education and, as a result, they often earn low wages and qualify for welfare at higher rates than natives.
Of all non-citizen households, 58 percent are headed by immigrants who have no more than a high school education, compared to 36 percent of native households.
Of households headed by non-citizens with no more than a high school education, 81 percent access one or more welfare programs. In contrast, 28 percent of non-citizen households headed by a college graduate use one or more welfare programs.
Like non-citizens, welfare use also varies significantly for natives by educational attainment, with the least educated having much higher welfare use than the most educated.
Using education levels and likely future income to determine the probability of welfare use among new green card applicants — and denying permanent residency to those likely to utilize such programs — would almost certainly reduce welfare use among future permanent residents.
Of households headed by naturalized immigrants (U.S. citizens), 50 percent used one or more welfare programs. Naturalized-citizen households tend to have lower welfare use than non-citizen households for most types of programs, but higher use rates than native households for virtually every major program.
Welfare use is significantly higher for non-citizens than for natives in all four top immigrant-receiving states. In California, 72 percent of non-citizen-headed households use one or more welfare programs, compared to 35 percent for native-headed households. In Texas, the figures are 69 percent vs. 35 percent; in New York they are 53 percent vs. 38 percent; and in Florida, 56 percent of non-citizen-headed households use at least welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native households.

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:16pm

Wow, that looks like one of your posts (minus the TDS, of course).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Jimbo, she didn't say "illegals"; she just said "immigrants". And yes, they do get plenty of benefits. In some places, they (Dems, I assume) are even trying to get them some local voting rights.

Oh, so even if they are not here illegally, Trumpers would rather they starve and/or die from illness and injury rather than get benefits.

How great for you. Thumbs Up

I guess it was her use of the term "invade" that made me assume she was talking about illegals. After all, if they are here legally, how does that constitute an "invasion"?

I wonder if Canadian immigrants get a pass. Ermm

Also, when you consider that mothers and their children are part of these households, how do Trumpers square their desire to see these children go hungry and homeless with their (apparently) fake concern for babies when it comes to abortion?

BTW, what have you all had to do without because too much of your money went to taxes to pay for benefits for immigrants?

For people who live such privileged, plentiful lives, Trumpers sure do bitch a lot about people with nothing getting a little something.

EDIT: I'd rather live in a country that puts its money where its mouth is regarding humanity, human rights and dignity, than the kind of Trumpian/dystopian society Trump and his cult followers want to turn us into.

("TDS" added for your entertainment and hopefully enlightenment).

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:02pm

It's not because you make too much money, it's because you make too little.

The way Obamacare was written, anyone who makes 133% or more of the Federal Poverty level, which = around $1,400 a month, is eligible for subsidized premiums through the exchanges. 

People who make less than 133% of the FPL, were to be placed on Medicaid, which was going to be expanded to include them, and funded by the Fed Govt.

But in 2010, Florida's evil Republican Governor Rick "Skeletor/Scumbag" Scott, filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration that went straight to the SCOTUS, in an attempt to get the entire law repealed.

Citing the Commerce Clause of the Constitution, the SCOTUS upheld all of Obamacare except the part that required states to expand Medicaid and accept the Federal funds that would have paid for 90% of it.

So now, if you make less than 133% of the FPL, (less than $1,427.50 a month) and you live in a red state, or one that has enough Repugnants in the state legislature to block legislation, you cannot get subsidized health care OR Medicaid.

Make sure to thank the ignorant, redneck, hillbilly asshole Republicans who refused to take part in what would have helped millions of people get health care, all because they were not about to take part in any program that was passed into law by "thet thar dang ol' Kenyan darkie Demmycrat" in the White House.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:24pm
Thanks, Jimbo.  I may still enroll just to see what the price might be.  I was paying over $269 a month after the ex took me off her policy.  Then, they denied my claim.  That left me feeling screwed 7 ways to Sunday.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:29pm
Get ready for sticker shock.

I never went to an advisor, but I found a govt cost calculator site online.

It said my premiums would be over $1,100 a month.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Get ready for sticker shock.

I never went to an advisor, but I found a govt cost calculator site online.

It said my premiums would be over $1,100 a month.

Freaking outrageous!

That would leave me $62 a month to pay for my...

Insurance
Cell phone service
Internet
Gas & electric
TV
FOOD!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:09pm

Freaking outrageous!

That would leave me $62 a month to pay for my...

Insurance
Cell phone service
Internet
Gas & electric
TV
FOOD!

According to that link I posted, I think you might be eligible for Wisconsin's Medicaid program.

Here's another one.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:22pm
That was really nice of you, Jimbo! Doing all that legwork to help aka ron!
jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:31pm
And for that money you would get ...no eyecare or glasses, no dental care, no preventive medicine or diagnostics.

I'm currently treated for heart trouble and cancer, Medicare/Medicaid covers none of it;  but if either gets bad enough for hospitalization they will pick up the tab.
window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

It's akin to having a car and rather than spend a couple of hundred dollars a year on routine maintenance you just drive it til it stops running, then spend thousands to repair it.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:43pm
I learn so much from your experiences- thank you for sharing with all of us.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Oh, so even if they are not here illegally, Trumpers would rather they starve and/or die from illness and injury rather than get benefits.

How great for you. Thumbs Up

I guess it was her use of the term "invade" that made me assume she was talking about illegals. After all, if they are here legally, how does that constitute an "invasion"?

I wonder if Canadian immigrants get a pass. Ermm

Also, when you consider that mothers and their children are part of these households, how do Trumpers square their desire to see these children go hungry and homeless with their (apparently) fake concern for babies when it comes to abortion?

BTW, what have you all had to do without because too much of your money went to taxes to pay for benefits for immigrants?

For people who live such privileged, plentiful lives, Trumpers sure do bitch a lot about people with nothing getting a little something.

EDIT: I'd rather live in a country that puts its money where its mouth is regarding humanity, human rights and dignity, than the kind of Trumpian/dystopian society Trump and his cult followers want to turn us into.

("TDS" added for your entertainment and hopefully enlightenment).

Please don't give me that crap about Dems caring more about humanity. They don't, though they obviously have you convinced they do. All Dems/progs/lefties care about is power and control and money. Always trying to find recipients for other people's money.

Do you think AOC cares one bit about the poor? She does not, as evidenced by her ridiculous appearance at that $30,000 NY Metropolitan Circus. Just a garish display of wealth from people who have absolutely no intention of ever being a part of the proletariat, plebs, peasants, whatever. C'mon, even Obama used tax loopholes and basks in his upper, upper 1% status

A bunch of ugly, lying Communists (oh, excuse me---I mean "socialists" 😂)--- that's what Dems are.

They also hate free speech, which makes them not even worthy of eating my sh*t.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm

Please don't give me that crap about Dems caring more about humanity. They don't, though they obviously have you convinced they do. All Dems/progs/lefties care about is power and control and money. Always trying to find recipients for other people's money.

Uh oh.... Sounds like someone is triggered!!!! LOL

The crap you spewed doesn't even make any sense. The Dems want to increase taxes only on people who make over $500,000 a year, a group that many of them belong to themselves, which would mean a tax increase on them too. And it is for the purpose of, among other things, expanding health care for the working class and more assistance for low income people. So how can they be accused of only caring about power and not caring about "humanity" as you so sarcastically put it? 

Repugs are the ones who only give a rat's ass about money and power. Money, especially taxes, takes precedence over everything else including human life and health. 

But I'm not surprised you'd spew that crap. Any time a right-winger/Trumper gets backed into a corner and finds themselves in an indefensible position, they come out snarling and accusing others of their own shortcomings. 

Do you think AOC cares one bit about the poor? She does not, as evidenced by her ridiculous appearance at that $30,000 NY Metropolitan Circus. Just a garish display of wealth from people who have absolutely no intention of ever being a part of the proletariat, plebs, peasants, whatever. C'mon, even Obama used tax loopholes and basks in his upper, upper 1% status

I've never met AOC before, but I'm pretty sure she is not wealthy, so whatever the cost of the affair she was at (I'm assuming you're talking about the affair where she wore the "Tax the rich" dress) I doubt she ponied up for it herself. And I suppose a lot of important funds were raised.

Right-wingers pay through the nose to attend these kinds of events all the time. And when the events were for Trump, he hosted them at his own properties and charged whoever was footing the bill, often times the US taxpayer, so much of the cash went right into his own pockets. 

But that was OK with you. Ermm

Funny how your type only demonizes wealth when it's rich Democrats who don't mind paying higher taxes to back up their words. I guess by your logic, wealthy Dems cannot be altruistic without giving all their money away and becoming poor themselves. Pretty stupid logic. 

It's the wealthy people who refuse to pay higher taxes who are the greedy a-holes. Not the wealthy who are willing to pay more of their own money in taxes.

A bunch of ugly, lying Communists (oh, excuse me---I mean "socialists" 😂)--- that's what Dems are.

Ugly and lying.... looked in the mirror lately? LOL

They also hate free speech, which makes them not even worthy of eating my sh*t.

While I admit that the extremist Progs do have a nasty habit of shouting down those who disagree with their extreme, fruitcake positions on social issues, the problem your side has regarding free speech, is that you still think your outrageous, obvious and shameless lies and propaganda fall under "free speech". 

It doesn't.

Maybe when you all are spewing your right-wing vomit on the street or in a public park, you're covered by the 1st Amendment. But when it comes to the public airwaves, private property or privately owned social media internet platforms like FB, Twitter, Instagram, CIH etc., you have no free speech rights or guarantees. The owners are legally allowed to set standards for what gets posted on the platforms they provide for free. 

And right-wingers' lies and propaganda, like the losers who spout it, just do not measure up.

If the owners of any internet platform do not want ignorant right-wing fascists spouting absurd lies about a "stolen election" that never happened, or conspiracy nonsense about tracking chips in COVID vaccines, etc, etc, that's just tough sh*t for you and your like-minded rwnj friends and associates. 

You said that we are not worthy of eating your sh*t. 

My question is, how would we even know the difference between one of you and your sh*t, since it's all the same sh*t? 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:32pm

Naah, not triggered at all. Just trying to sound like you and your insane rants.

How'd I do?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:01pm
Nailed it!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:17pm

Naah, not triggered at all. Just trying to sound like you and your insane rants.

How'd I do?

You're as full of sh*t as you've always been.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 197>
  Share Topic