Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

There is one thing I really like about the new place. It has a huge built-in microwave oven.  The one at the old place would not take a full size plate.  This oven also has a turn table, for more even and complete heating.  I'm not crazy about gas stoves.  I haven't even used it.  Today marks 2 weeks here.

Glad to hear you're settling in.

Maybe you can convert from a gas stove to an electric.

I bet an old fashioned wood burning heater/stove would look good in there with all the wood and stone.

But then, you've probably had enough of chopping wood by now..... Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 4:39pm
Yep, no more burning wood for me. I'm not even sure if there is a 220 outlet for the range/oven.

The stove does have this cool little grilling plate with a burner underneath.

If I decide to start cooking at home again, I may have to try that out.

It's only 53 here right now.  I was running the A/C just 24 hours ago. Now, I have the space heater running.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 5:34pm
I've used gas ranges before.

They're OK.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 4:52pm
I just met one of my neighbors, he came over here and introduced himself. Wally.  Seems like a good guy!

I got my new debit card, only a few more ties to the future ex-wife.  I asked her how they got the biopsy, "a needle?" I said.  A LARGE BORE needle she confirmed...YIKES!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 5:41pm
I had to get some stuff at the store this morning. I wanted to get some batteries for the boom box. Just in case the power went out. They had 2 D cell batteries!  I needed 6!

I decided to order some food from the local Cheese House restaurant. A one third pound burger?  That's bigger than a quarter pounder, right? The other convenience store had the batteries I needed. We'll see how the food is here in a little bit.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Look at the chickens!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 5:54am
Had some fun today.  A neighbor is bringing boxes from her son's house that an ex-girlfriend left behind, so we are sorting through them.  Some stuff is going to Goodwill, a lot is being thrown out, and I had a large jar full of pens & pencils forced upon me.   The ex hoarded lots of cheap stuff (the price tags are still on it), jewelry, stinky herbal something-or-other (I can't read Chinese) that expired back in 2011, holiday decorations, Chinese story books, etc.
I joked that this had the makings of a cable TV show, i.e opening up mystery boxes to see what's in them (basically, the next step after winning a storage unit at auction.)  All we needed was a camera crew. 
There's a lot of stuff, so this may take a while... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 7:50pm
Sometimes I manage to time things just right.

The lawn needed mowing and I was planning on doing it today or tomorrow. Preferably today.

Looking out the window, I noticed it had clouded over and there was a breeze blowing, so I jumped up, got the mower out of the shed, put in the tiny amount of gas I had left in the can and, hoping I'd have enough gas to finish the main part of the front lawn, started mowing.

I had just finished the main part that I wanted to get done and was starting on one of the sides when the hot-ass sun comes back out and the mower runs out of gas. 

Thumbs Up

I'll finish the sides with the electric trimmer later on.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:18pm
I've been looking for some good chicken repellent.  What's the best way to deal with this situation.

I did some searching online. An old realtor we used told me about the county GIS property locator.  An amazing tool, just like me! Tongue

So as not to be the grumpy old fart next door, I went over to my new neighbor (Wally's) house. He is doing well and has this place just to get away from his wife in Sheboygan Falls.  He introduced himself a few days ago.  I wanted to see if he knew my other neighbor.  Rather than call the cops, that would be a last resort, I wanted to see if he knew them. He does and he offered to talk to them for me.

The neighbors are a young couple with kids, related to one of my neighbors at the previous house.

C'mon!  If you going to have chickens, can't you at least keep them in your own yard!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:33pm

I've been looking for some good chicken repellent.  What's the best way to deal with this situation.

I did some searching online. An old realtor we used told me about the county GIS property locator.  An amazing tool, just like me! Tongue

So as not to be the grumpy old fart next door, I went over to my new neighbor (Wally's) house. He is doing well and has this place just to get away from his wife in Sheboygan Falls.  He introduced himself a few days ago.  I wanted to see if he knew my other neighbor.  Rather than call the cops, that would be a last resort, I wanted to see if he knew them. He does and he offered to talk to them for me.

The neighbors are a young couple with kids, related to one of my neighbors at the previous house.

C'mon!  If you going to have chickens, can't you at least keep them in your own yard!

Go to Lowe's and pick up a roll of that plastic mesh fencing and some stakes.

Go around your yard, or an area within your yard encompassing your house and patio, etc.

That will at least keep them away from your house.

It's actually called "chicken netting".

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:41pm
How about if I buy a ticket and fly you up here, Brolando!

I know the solution is simple.  I want to leave it up to them to fix the problem.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:48pm

Or you can get a cat.

Actually, I don't know if that would necessarily work. I remember how scared all the cats in my old 'hood were when the turkeys showed up. Of course, turkeys are bigger and scarier.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:41am
You need a dog.  Then fence your yard so the dog can't get out. 
But first try downloading sounds of hawks making noise & play it back at the chickens.  It might deter them from coming into your yard (or attract real ones, which will clean up your problem for you... )
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:16pm
^ I thought about spending money on a fence.  Why should I have to do that to keep these f*cking chickens out of my yard?

Jimbo!  What chicken patty is so great you eat it for lunch everyday?

I have another 3 piece cod dinner waiting on me now.  It's only $13.22!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:22am

^ I thought about spending money on a fence.  Why should I have to do that to keep these f*cking chickens out of my yard?

I would think that you'd want a fence just for the privacy.

Nice 6' wood privacy fence around the backyard, smaller picket fence around the front that the chickens can't get through.

With a privacy fence around the backyard, you could invite some of those old ladies from Our Time to come over then chase them around the backyard naked.

The first one who steps on a sagging/dragging body part of the other (boob, scrotum, etc) gets a naughty boy/girl spanking. 

Wink LOL 

My "great" daily chicken patty is Great Value from Walmart.

Dern good for under $4 a bag.

Crisp up real nice in the toaster oven.

I put a little of this stuff on it, too....

It's basically McDonald's Big Mac Special Sauce. 

I guess they copied the recipe then called it something similar.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 6:14am
This might be your dream woman, ron:

Link to Pic

Sorry, no contact info for her, so you'll have to find her on your own... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 6:32am
LOLLOL
You are so bad!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:32am
I can't tell if the washing machine is working right or not.  It makes the strangest noises and I can't tell if it is agitating.  The door locks.  Not much suds when I turn it off.

Allstate was quick to refund the premium on my truck. That was from the checking account. I can't get into my CC account for some reason.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Nice 6' wood privacy fence around the backyard, smaller picket fence around the front that the chickens can't get through.

With a privacy fence around the backyard, you could invite some of those old ladies from Our Time to come over then chase them around the backyard naked.

The first one who steps on a sagging/dragging body part of the other (boob, scrotum, etc) gets a naughty boy/girl spanking. 

Wink LOL 

LOLLOL

It's funny you should say such a thing!  I was trying to talk this lady into coming over to my house, she said she wanted to get to know me better first.  I told her about my bad hip.  I said if she ran away from me I would not be able to catch her.  LOL

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wink LOL 

My "great" daily chicken patty is Great Value from Walmart.

Dern good for under $4 a bag.

Crisp up real nice in the toaster oven.

I put a little of this stuff on it, too....

It's basically McDonald's Big Mac Special Sauce. 

I guess they copied the recipe then called it something similar.

Although chickens are not masters of flight they can clear a 6 foot fence.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Although chickens are not masters of flight they can clear a 6 foot fence.Wink

I'm sure you're correct in that they CAN clear a 6 foot fence, but the question (I think), is WOULD they?

Or more precisely, would they do so VERY OFTEN?

I would think that a 6 foot fence would at least drastically cut down the number of instances of chickens entering a given area by a significant amount.

Thumbs Up

JMHO as always. Embarrassed 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:42pm
I was hoping I could get away with a 4 foot chain link fence right down the property line from stem to stern.

It's obvious this redneck doesn't give a flying f*ck what I think.  Angry

From 5 minutes ago...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:44pm

LOLLOL

It's funny you should say such a thing!  I was trying to talk this lady into coming over to my house, she said she wanted to get to know me better first.  I told her about my bad hip.  I said if she ran away from me I would not be able to catch her.  LOL

You'd have to give yourself some sort of advantage to even things up a bit.

Modern technology often holds the key....

Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 4:48pm

I was hoping I could get away with a 4 foot chain link fence right down the property line from stem to stern.

It's obvious this redneck doesn't give a flying f*ck what I think.  Angry

From 5 minutes ago...

Of course there's another possible solution to the issue that we have not yet considered....

Build an enclosed chicken coop in your yard and trap them inside of it, essentially making them YOUR chickens.

If he comes over and says he wants his chickens back, tell him you'll give them back after he puts up a fence to keep them in his own yard.

If not, you'll sell or give them to a local restaurant.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 5:00pm
Or, I could call the cops! Of course, out here in Bum F*ck Cleavage Street.  There might not even be an ordinance in place.  I'm trying to be nice!  I don't want to be the 'asshole' neighbor.  There must be something about domestic critters crapping in the neighbors yard.  We had a ton of rabbits, geese and other wild critters at the other place. There's not much you can do about that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 197>
  Share Topic