Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 6:09am
Not anywhere near it.  Wink
But I do get lots of mail from people scammers who think I have too much money and want me to move to their 'retirement communities'...
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
"100% Columbian, eh Paw?!", asks Esther Wilroach, as she and her troupe swim on their backs, in perfect circles within my over-sized Wolf Lake mug which is filled with cold coffee and headed to the microwave before I rubbed my eyes.
"Can you put us in for 90 seconds on 'HI', Paw? It's been getting a little chilly..."
That's it, Ms. Cockroaitch!
Talk about pissed off! I just made that coffee yesterday and I THOUGHT I would have it for at least a day, so I could heat up a cup in the microwave, but noooooooooooooo!
Instead of the microwave, I sit the mug down and grab the AJAX Liquid Grease-Busting Dishsoap, which does what the dishwasher doesn't - kills roaches on contact. They are TERRIFIED of the stuff and *I* am a modern-day mass murderer of legendary proportions, as anyone who has read those Roachinese papers would know.
Of course I start with a ring around the mug so there is no escape. The crowd in my cup goes wild! Panic abounds!
"YOU BASTARD!!!",
"Nice last words, Ms. Pottymouth!", I tell her as the next drop hits her square in the face, instantly de-greasing her 'toilet tongue' while simultaneously suffocating her.

Esther Wilroach (August, 2019-October 10, 2019)
Born: Probably near an appliance electrical panel board.
Died: In Paw's 'Wolf Lake' coffee mug  

Goodbye, Esther. Maybe your kids will now stay out of my coffee.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:10pm
LOL  What?

I think she's been gone for a while now, PaW.

I've got a tongue that's 10 inches long and I can breath through my ears.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL  What?

I think she's been gone for a while now, PaW.

I've got a tongue that's 10 inches long and I can breath through my ears.
WinkUnless you are really, really, REALLY old, oh...say, like ol'Mule, or Thor, or maybe even MrT, you probably wouldn't have known who Esther Williams was. If you came from a nice, upstanding Mob-Family from New Yawk, like Maddy, or had to defend some members of such a family, like CC, you probably knew who she was if you didn't have to call Esther as a 'Credible (Witless) Character Witness'.

Now, about these little deformities you are suffering from...I do indeed have more Ajax Super De-greaser Dish Soap, doncha know...WinkLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"100% Columbian, eh Paw?!", asks Esther Wilroach, as she and her troupe swim on their backs, in perfect circles within my over-sized Wolf Lake mug which is filled with cold coffee and headed to the microwave before I rubbed my eyes.
"Can you put us in for 90 seconds on 'HI', Paw? It's been getting a little chilly..."
That's it, Ms. Cockroaitch!
Talk about pissed off! I just made that coffee yesterday and I THOUGHT I would have it for at least a day, so I could heat up a cup in the microwave, but noooooooooooooo!
Instead of the microwave, I sit the mug down and grab the AJAX Liquid Grease-Busting Dishsoap, which does what the dishwasher doesn't - kills roaches on contact. They are TERRIFIED of the stuff and *I* am a modern-day mass murderer of legendary proportions, as anyone who has read those Roachinese papers would know.
Of course I start with a ring around the mug so there is no escape. The crowd in my cup goes wild!Panic abounds!
"YOU BASTARD!!!",
"Nice last words, Ms. Pottymouth!", I tell her as the next drop hits her square in the face, instantly de-greasing her 'toilet tongue' while simultaneously suffocating her.

Esther Wilroach (August, 2019-October 10, 2019)
Born: Probably near an appliance electrical panel board.
Died: In Paw's 'Wolf Lake' coffee mug  

Goodbye, Esther. Maybe your kids will now stay out of my coffee.

My question is: how did a roach end up in a cup of coffee if you really were planning to reheat it and drink it?

Did you leave it sitting out on the counter uncovered over night?

Bad idea.

Seems like you'd have put it in the refrigerator to avoid just such a possibility.

At least that's what I think I'd have done if I was saving a cup of coffee to drink the following day, though I can't say for sure, as I've never done it.

I have, on the other hand, made coffee with the intention of drinking it ice cold over a period of time. In those instances, I put it in a glass bottle with a screw on cap and kept it in the fridge, drinking it over a couple of days or so.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 7:46pm
On a not particularly similar note... I've got a Walmart story.

I was in Walmartianland yesterday looking for a couple of shelf brackets (more on that in a minute). As I was wandering around over in the vicinity of the hardware section, I walked past a pale, tubby white chick and her boyfriend. The chick was on her cellphone with a gal pal and had her on speaker, so you could hear it about 6 or 8 feet away. Just as I walked past the end of the aisle where they were browsing through the flashlights, I heard her friend's voice over the speaker talking about how much she enjoyed having a flashlight up her ass the previous night and how much she wanted to again.

Walmart... Ermm

As for the shelf brackets, I couldn't find what I was looking for, but there was a young Hispanic kid working a few feet away stocking shelves so I asked him if he knew where I might find some. He grunted something unintelligible and pointed me to the wire rack shelving aisle where I had already looked and not found them. After wandering around a bit more, I retraced my steps scouring the wall where all the hardware stuff was, on the off chance that I might have overlooked them. 

Lo and behold, right exactly where the kid had been working, I found the very same brackets I was looking for, but which the little dumbass pointed me somewhere else to find, even though they were right in front of his face when I asked him.

Walmart... Ermm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 5:47am
My smoke detector decided it wanted a new battery at 5AM and woke me up.  I managed to drop it while fussing with it & just went back to bed... Sleepy
On a good note, I finally finished writing a sci-fi story I started 20 years ago (one day short, actually.)  Just picked up from where I left off (previous record was 5 years from start to finish.)  I can edit the rough draft later, but it's down on paper, which is what counts...  Thumbs Up
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There's an area about an hour or so northwest of here called The Villages. Big retirement community with its own local govt etc. Big, well-to-do retired Republican enclave. Trump has visited and spoken there a couple of times. Golf courses everywhere you look. Hence, golf carts including those tricked out kind are also very popular there as well.

Pretty cool, Jimbo.  I could see myself cruising the neighborhood, trying to tap some rich widow. I need a wing man! Wink

I took another pic!  Looks like a Ram truck and a 30s Ford.  If my hip wasn't hamburger, the guy would probably give me a job.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
It's hard work to be a dad. From about a week ago. Leah always loved Ben.

The wife's older daughter's husband and family.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
I noticed that Mama was out of her Swiss Miss and Mocha Latte drinks. I thought she might make me a Meat Loaf later today since I picked this stuff up for her.

I almost nailed me some deer. I saw at least 2 of them and hit the brakes. One was a baby. They usually travel in groups so it's a good idea to keep slowing down no matter what you see.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:31pm
Oh, deer!!!! 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:21pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 5:54pm
I must have slept really wrong last night, my neck and shoulder are killing me! It was tough to drive, it's difficult just to change my view between the screen and keyboard here on my PC.  In other words, it hurts to move my head back and forth and up and down.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 6:18pm
I've been experiencing that kind of thing myself more and more frequently over the past few years.

My knees ache a lot, too.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 6:23am
For neck/shoulder pains, it might be your pillow.  Try switching it out with another to see if that helps...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 3:50pm
Slept like a baby last night, best nights sleep in a month or so.  Neck and shoulder feel much better too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 6:00pm
I got a few things done today, that makes me feel good.  Made a grocery run. Chopped some leaves in the back yard. Cleaned my desk.  Ran the vacuum in the living room. Cleaned the toilet in the MBB.

I was in the doghouse with the wife. She was expecting a new debit card from Capital One.

Why does she need all of these private accounts?  Anyway, I thought this was junk mail!  I didn't throw it away but I looked through my little trash pile at my desk and found the new debit card.

She's not pissed any more so I was just enjoying the autumn view from the dining room...

Yes, that's the oil filter for my truck!  I gotta get that done!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 6:03am
I'll be feeding my neighbors this week.  Wink  Harvested a 20+ lb stalk of bananas (they're small, but there's like 100 of them) from one of my trees a few days ago, and now they're all getting ripe at once.  Shocked  No way I could eat all those...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 5:11pm
^ That is so cool!

That must be a heck of a piece of property.

I may get somebody out here to give me a price on this...

How much does a leaf guard cost?

On average, gutter guards cost $7-$10 per foot of gutters including materials and installation, or $1400-$2000 for the average-sized home. Gutters with guards don't need to be cleaned as frequently, which helps offset their cost.

With my now limited mobility, I may see what the price would be for just some selected gutters to ease my work load. There's a short (about 6 feet) gutter over the former dog run that I have never cleaned.

It's about 20 feet high and I don't like heights. There's another short run just above the front door, I've complained about this idiotic intersection of stupid here before!

And, to make it worth their trip out here, I would let them do the entire back side of the house.  That's where all the trees are.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 6:32am
I've got dwarf b-trees.  The b's are short but fat (2 make a regular b.)  Waited until the tree fell over to harvest them.  Would have been suicide to climb a ladder to cut the stalk off.  Gave bananas to 5 neighbors so far, and still have too many left (b's, not neighb's  )
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 9:48pm
Went to the Halloween "party" at the senior center again.

It was as fun as it usually isn't.

The only reason I go back every year is because I know the first time I decide not to, they'll have some really good food. 

This year, it was hot dogs like last year.

Better than the chili they had been serving.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 5:08pm
I should have cleaned some more gutters today. A pretty nice day and next week looks colder and unsettled. I did do some laundry, cleaned the second bathroom toilet and the floor.  Swiffer has these wet wipes for their sweeper.  I like it!

I chopped some leaves, ran the vacuum (TP butt nuggets) in the hallway.  When all of the leaves are down, I'll clean the gutters!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:29am
Was mowing the yard today when the steering wheel just went round & round & lost steering.  The grooves on the steering shaft were stripped.  And of course there is no replacement part available anymore.  Looks like I'll have to improvise by drilling a hole through the shaft & steering wheel column and run a bolt or nail through it to hold it in place.  I hate it when stuff breaks...  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:07pm
My old tractor knocked down trees (1 inch in diameter) at our lot in Waushara county. It also helped me haul tons of firewood out of there after a storm. I've had to replace one tie rod! A couple of sets of new blades.  I bent a blade bad on the root of one of the Maple trees.  Still running strong!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm
I remember our former realtor telling me about the Winnebago County GIS Parcel Viewer. It shows an aerial view of the property, the dimensions of the lot, parcel number and the mailing address. It also gives the name of the current owner, that's what I need!  The name of 'Snow Blower Guy'. He's about 5 doors down on the other side of the street. I've waved to him dozens of times but never said hello or introduced myself.
All I need to do now is check the phone book or match a name to a number online.  More snow overnight!  Not enough to plow, it pretty much all melts on the streets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 197>
  Share Topic