Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:34pm
Mama is wearing the bone headed moments of the weekend award. She is a natural blond! And I love her!

Not only was she going to watch the grandkids last night, her daughter and BF are going to the game today!  I just miss her!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 4:04pm
I like to warm the engine up before I change the oil in anything. It puts the contaminates in suspension and allows a cleaner more complete drain as the oil gets thinner.  I asked Mama to come out and listen to the engine, (before she goes to pick up Marie today!)  She ignored me, at least this silly ass 'expensive' market thing she does is almost over for the season.  5000+ miles on that old oil. 109,900 on the clock.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:47pm
The wife's oldest daughter is going to give birth today to her first child, grand child number 3!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The wife's oldest daughter is going to give birth today to her first child, grand child number 3!

Clap Congratulations, aka!!! You're going to be a steppy-grampy again, eh?

So what's going to be for dinner?

(from snopes.com - unverified)

Aborted human foetuses intended for human consumption are being sold for as little as 1 pound in the Chinese city of Shenzhen, according to reports in Hong Kong yesterday.

The Eastern Express newspaper said journalists from its sister publication, Eastweek, had gone to Shenzhen, across the border from Hong Kong, to see if foetuses were being sold. Shenzhen hospitals carried out 7,000 terminations last year, including a number on Hong Kong women seeking cheap abortions.

At the state-run Shenzhen Health Centre for Women and Children, a female doctor was asked for a foetus. The next day, she handed the reporter a “fist-sized glass bottle stuffed with thumb-sized foetuses”.

The doctor was quoted as saying: “There are 10 foetuses here, all aborted this morning. You can take them. We are a state hospital and don’t charge. Normally we doctors take them home to eat – all free. Since you don’t look well, you can take them.”

Zou Qin, a doctor working at the Luo Hu Clinic in Shenzhen, said the foetuses were “nutritious” and claimed to have eaten 100 herself in the past six months.

She said the “best” were first-born males from young women. “We don’t carry out abortions just to eat the foetuses,” she said, but added that the foetuses would be “wasted if not eaten”. The newspaper said the foetuses were eaten as a soup, together with pork and ginger.

A woman doctor, referred to only as Wang, from the Sin Hua Clinic, Shenzhen, was quoted as saying the foetuses were “even better than placentae” in nutritional value. “They can make your skin smoother, your body stronger and are good for kidneys,” she said.

Dr Warren Lee, president of the Hong Kong Nutrition Association, said: “Eating foetuses is a traditional Chinese medicine deeply founded in folklore.” However, he considered the alleged
properties of foetuses little more than old-wives’ tales. Others said the practice was abhorrent.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Aborted human foetuses intended for human consumption are being sold for as little as 1 pound in the Chinese city of Shenzhen, according to reports in Hong Kong yesterday.

Shocked  Damn, Paw!  That's kinda sick!  The first pregnancy did not work out for her! We are hoping for no complications.

Do you want me to take a picture of my dinner? Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:50pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Shocked  Damn, Paw!  That's kinda sick!  The first pregnancy did not work out for her! We are hoping for no complications.

Do you want me to take a picture of my dinner? Tongue
The photo is from a Chinese actor's play (that would be a baby doll head on a duck carcass)...
No dinner pictures if you aren't having the child.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:21pm

They had to do a C-section, mom and son are both doing well.  The wife is on her way down there now.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:09pm
I had a brainstorm this morning...

We lost the picture on the TV in the bedroom several months ago, no big deal. I'm trying to sleep so I'm not watching the screen. I like the audio being on but that became a problem several weeks ago.  The volume control (louder) on the front of the TV has been broken for years!  Not a problem as long as the remote works.  I thought the batteries died, new batteries did not fix the problem.  So today, I keep a container of Clorox wet wipes in the house, I found the sensor that picks up the signal from the remote.  Sure enough, I cleaned the sensor and now the remote works again!  YEAH!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:44am
ugh, wore myself out standing at the kitchen counter while coring/peeling apples.  Did 7 & quit, saving the other 3 for another day.  Tomorrow is pie crust day, so at least I know what I'll be having for dessert...  Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
What a nice surprise! Common Ground, our health insurance provider, sent us a check for over 1000 bucks!  A so-called rebate!  All freaking insurance companies should do this!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 6:50pm
I got a Social Security scam call this morning. Caller ID showed an 800 number. I picked up and there was an official sounding recorded male voice telling me that my SS benefits had been suspended due to suspicious activity involving my SSN. I was of course immediately suspicious but concerned a bit too, so I pressed 1 as instructed just hear what they had to say. 

As soon as I did, a Hindu/Indian sounding guy on the other end, thanked me for calling the SS Administration and asked how he could help me. So in a very stern, manly, "I'm not falling for any bullsh*t" voice I said "Yeah, I just wanna find out about this supposed business with my Social Security number". He must've determined that I wasn't  the kind of gullible, half senile elderly victim they were looking for, because the line immediately went dead.

I immediately did a Google search on that type of call and there were several entries describing basically the same scam.

It sure pays to watch the news and stay current on this kind of crap.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 9:27pm
Just got another SS scam call about 15 minutes ago.

Same one as before.

I was going to mess with them by pretending to be old and feeble minded then give them a bunch of fake information, but they never answered after I pressed 1.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 11:01pm
"Joe Parker" a recorded caucasian male voice called my private line at work and left a message at 10 pm on a Sunday night and said I needed to call him immediately about a problem with my SSN-he said he was with the FBI.  The phone number he left was a local (410) area code.  When I played it on Monday, I laughed and googled the phone number.  It was to a Chinese takeout restaurant near DC!  Then I googled his name, FBI, and Baltimore and got no hits.  Yeah, I had too much time on my hands at work that day, LOL!  But seriously, I can see how these elderly people fall for this kind of thing.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 2:37pm
I've been moving around quite a bit today. Went to the grocery store. Cooking a beef roast and potatoes in the crock pot.  I finally had to switch out the TV in the bedroom, I brought the one in from the garage.  I'm not sure if I have a remote control for this TV.

The wife is taking her mom to see the new baby.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm

I finally had to switch out the TV in the bedroom, I brought the one in from the garage.  I'm not sure if I have a remote control for this TV.

LOL Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 3:12pm
^ LOL
That would be a great anniversary gift! Old buddy, old pal!  It was yesterday, I forgot AGAIN!
10 + 4....carry the...14 years! I think! Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Just got another SS scam call about 15 minutes ago.

Same one as before.

I was going to mess with them by pretending to be old and feeble minded then give them a bunch of fake information, but they never answered after I pressed 1.

I got a call just a few minutes ago from the number- 1 000 000 0000  LOL Is that a freaking 'do not pick up' number or not?  The scammers usually spoof a local number from our exchange, thinking I'd be more likely to pick up.  Yeah!  I want to pick up just so I can cuss these f*ckers out!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:09pm
The Escape channel is no more.  32.3  They are calling it 'Court TV Mystery'.  Still just the same shows I've seen before.

It's been cool enough outside that I have been using a space heater in the living room, along with the big TV which makes a ton of heat.  I try NOT to use the big TV in warmer weather because it gets so hot.  I lite the pilot in the fireplace in the bedroom too. It too (the pilot light alone) makes enough heat to warm the room.

I had to vacuum out under the fireplace, lots of cob webs and stuff. It has a fan that comes on when it reaches a certain temp.  It takes the air in the bottom and sends the warm air out of the top.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:40pm
Things I can't talk about!  That should be a topic!

I did make a road trip today, KFC gave Mama some mouth gasms!

I've been having some pain in my right shoulder, I have been limiting my sleep positions on the right side of my body. Then, and this has happened before, the pain moves to my upper back and neck.  I feel like Don Cornelius.  I have to turn my whole body!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:59pm

Things I can't talk about!  That should be a topic!

I did make a road trip today, KFC gave Mama some mouth gasms!

I've been having some pain in my right shoulder, I have been limiting my sleep positions on the right side of my body. Then, and this has happened before, the pain moves to my upper back and neck.  I feel like Don Cornelius.  I have to turn my whole body!

I get that shoulder pain from sleeping on my side a lot, too.

It finally got to the point where I had to get used to sleeping on my other side.

Now I'm waiting for that shoulder to start hurting.

I don't remember having all these pains 30 years ago. 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:18pm
WOW!  I'm celebrating our lowest utility (gas & electric) bill of all time! Only about $95!  The previous low, several times, was about $115.  We won't see a bill like this again until about June.

The first winter we were here (2006), there was a gas fireplace here in the living room.  I used it all of the time. Of course, I had the pool table set up in the heated garage. We/I, were/was much more social back then.  Before I bought the wood burner, the bills in the dead of winter were over $400 a month.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 4:58pm
There's a guy uptown who sells and services Golf Cars. This guy is making a lot of money!  He bought the building across the street from his main shop.  These things are big around here for the rural property owner. A lot more comfortable and civilized than a regular 4 wheeler ATV.  There is a huge after market for big wheels and knobby tires and even classic body styles!  Not the best pic...Here's one with a 57 Chevy body.  Very cool!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:05pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:42pm

There's an area about an hour or so northwest of here called The Villages. Big retirement community with its own local govt etc. Big, well-to-do retired Republican enclave. Trump has visited and spoken there a couple of times. Golf courses everywhere you look. Hence, golf carts including those tricked out kind are also very popular there as well.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There's an area about an hour or so northwest of here called The Villages. Big retirement community with its own local govt etc. Big, well-to-do retired Republican enclave. Trump has visited and spoken there a couple of times. Golf courses everywhere you look. Hence, golf carts including those tricked out kind are also very popular there as well.

Cry"I don't wanna die in DisneyLand!!!"
What a terrible place, ol'Mule. Gonna burn it down for us? Today? Please?
Nope. Not ever going near there...
MrT is always messing around with his pool - think he lives there?WinkLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 197>
  Share Topic