Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:29am
Oh dear, Photobucket sent me a nasty email saying my account with them is going over it's 25mb limit, and that I should immediately sign up for their $7/month plan, or they'll do nasty things to my pictures.  Shocked  LOL GF'd Photobucket    I'm now glad I went back to the account a few months ago and copied my pics, as the original files died on my other PC's hard drive (alas my unfinished Desperate Housewives/My Name is Earl crossover gif is lost, too...  Cry  )
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:03am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Oh dear, Photobucket sent me a nasty email saying my account with them is going over it's 25mb limit, and that I should immediately sign up for their $7/month plan, or they'll do nasty things to my pictures.  Shocked  LOL GF'd Photobucket    I'm now glad I went back to the account a few months ago and copied my pics, as the original files died on my other PC's hard drive (alas my unfinished Desperate Housewives/My Name is Earl crossover gif is lost, too...  Cry  )

You should transfer them all to cloud storage and tell Photosuckit to go suck it.

I use Google Drive, but Microsoft has one as well.

Huge free storage limits like 15 GB or something like that.

Besides, Photosuckit is just so..... 2005. Thumbs Down

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 9:35am
Well, I did it!  I've been wanting to go to Walmart for some time now. Neither one of us wants to deviate from our normal routines.  My hip was feeling relatively well.  This is the first time I used my crutches to get into the store.  Once I have a cart, I can lean on it to keep some of my weight off of that leg.

Oil & filters
Jeans & sweat pants
Slippers

I hate it when there is no live human cashier! There was this little old lady working there that I asked to help me, she has more trouble walking around than I do.  Then she asked me how old I thought she was...She went on to tell me about all of her surgeries she has had.  I thanked her more than once!

Mama needed both her Swiss Miss and her Mocha Latte, wouldn't you know Wally world was sold out! Angry

I felt good enough to stop at the grocery store too.  Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:37am
^  Yeah, they're getting rid of the registers.  The idea is to cut down on the number of employees as much as possible.  We had a renovation earlier this year.  Went from 18 cashier-manned registers to 4.  The rest are self-checkout.

They're also getting rid of the night shift.  That's when the shelves get stocked.  That work will all be done during the day.  Be ready for some cluttered aisles.  At my store, that'll be happening next month.

Walmart's wonderful.  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 4:39pm
One more thing about my Walmart adventure. I tried on my new pants before washing them, I threw them in the wash with the wife's favorite blanket.  Guess what I find when I move the stuff to the dryer!  There were 8 one dollar bills at the bottom of the washing machine...I KNOW! WEIRD!  They had to come out of one of those pairs of pants!  I figure maybe some shoplifter was going to wear them out of the store?  Got scared or caught and didn't check his pockets.  That or someone bought the pants, wore them and returned them with out checking the pockets.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Or maybe they were already in there from a previous load of laundry but you didn't see them because they were stuck to the side of the drum?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:31pm
Nope, that couldn't happen! I always look for coins or whatever might be left in the washer.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:07pm
Hmmmm...I just don't picture paper money coming out of a pair of wet pants pockets.  In fact, when I want to wash something small or fragile, I'll often put it in the pocket of a pair of pants before throwing it in the wash.

I'll bet it was bunched up in the blanket.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:48pm
Yeah, I don't think paper money would come out of a pocket. It was just get all mushed up into a bunch inside of it.

Must've been bunched up in the blanket or possibly stuck to the side of the drum way up high where aka couldn't see it.

OR..... Mrs aka tossed it in there as a test to see if he'd tell her about it or go spend it on himself without telling her or buying her something with it. 

Wink LOL

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yeah, I don't think paper money would come out of a pocket. It was just get all mushed up into a bunch inside of it.

Must've been bunched up in the blanket or possibly stuck to the side of the drum way up high where aka couldn't see it.

OR..... Mrs aka tossed it in there as a test to see if he'd tell her about it or go spend it on himself without telling her or buying her something with it. 

Wink LOL

That would probably be the #1 answer on 'Family Feud', but wouldn't have applied in *my* family as all of the women wanted to sort the clothes and check the pockets for that very reason. Officially, NOBODY ever left a cent in a pocket. These days? I find dollars all the time as I forget to empty my pockets now and then. It's all o.k. by me as paper money is one of the filthiest  things a person can handle, but there are people whole will bury you *under* the prison if you 'launder' it incorrectly.

Now, $1 bills is very curious! 
Could very well be a test of trust & honesty by a slightly insecure person...or has her best friend moved in and smiles at you a lot more these days?
$1 bills are known as 'stripper dollars' - gotta pay if ya wanna play!Dead
Yea...best just to give them back to your wife - she MUST have lost them in the previous load and you never noticed them stuck to the inside of the washer drum...and if they belong to her best friend that's not you? Wait for the 'cat fight'.LOLWink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 5:26am
Check your dryer anti-static sheet box.  It may be a secret 'cash stash' & somebody could have absentmindedly grabbed some bills (in the dark?) & threw them in the dryer for you...

Or it could be the wife cleaned out your wallet & left you $8 (it seemed to have made you happy to find it, at least... )

Ah, just noticed that PB effed with my tiny avatar pic.  They'll never get a dime from me now...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 10:21am
Originally posted by MrT MrT wrote:

...Ah, just noticed that PB effed with my tiny avatar pic.  They'll never get a dime from me now...

THAT would make me so terribly mad!Angry
You should write Pottery Barn and really give them a piece of your mind!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:13am
I've left paper money in my pants plenty of times, it always comes out of the pockets in the washing machine.  I know, it's hard to believe anyone would put their money in a new pair of pants inside the store. I don't see how else it could happen.  I make the bed, I do the laundry...I found two more dollars this morning!

I'm getting the same bull crap!

When I try to log in...

You have reached your 25MB hosting bandwidth limit

You have reached the hosting bandwidth based on the past 30 days of usage. Your hosted images are watermarked and blurred. To restore hosting privileges, simply upgrade to the Intermediate at $6.29 to give you unlimited monthly hosting bandwidth as well as larger image storage limits.

The e-mail...

ATTENTION!
Your account is over the free limit.

The photos you are sharing on Facebook, forums, blogs and other websites are nearing the maximum allowed bandwidth that your account level allows. Free accounts are limited to 25MB of bandwidth per month.

To continue sharing your photos without interruption, you must purchase one of our unlimited hosting plans, starting at $6.29 per month.

Unlock Your Account
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 3:50pm
Re: Photobucket:

I remember back when I was trying to get everyone to start using Postimage for quick image posting, it was like pulling teeth. Everyone resisted. Kept on ignoring me. But I kept harping on it until a few decided to give it a try and now, almost everyone uses Postimage.

So now, some of you guys are having problems with your Photobucket storage. Running out of free space, having your pictures altered, etc.

So now I come to you, a voice from the wilderness, with yet another solution to your digital picture management problems.... 

CLOUD STORAGE.

I know it sounds weird and scary at first, but believe me, its far superior to Photobucket or any other image hosting site.

Easy as pie to to set up an account, easy as pie to upload pics to and download pics from it and HUGE free storage limits.

Here's the one I use....

Great solution to file storage issues!!!! Thumbs Up

And the amount of free storage space.... 15 GIGABYTES!!! Clap

Try it, you'll like it!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 5:11pm
I was pretty quick to at least give it a try! Postimage, that is.  Now I love it!

I just tried to post something from photosuckit, I was not able to do it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Re: Photobucket:

I remember back when I was trying to get everyone to start using Postimage for quick image posting, it was like pulling teeth. Everyone resisted. Kept on ignoring me. But I kept harping on it until a few decided to give it a try and now, almost everyone uses Postimage.

So now, some of you guys are having problems with your Photobucket storage. Running out of free space, having your pictures altered, etc.

So now I come to you, a voice from the wilderness, with yet another solution to your digital picture management problems.... 

CLOUD STORAGE.

I know it sounds weird and scary at first, but believe me, its far superior to Photobucket or any other image hosting site.

Easy as pie to to set up an account, easy as pie to upload pics to and download pics from it and HUGE free storage limits.

Here's the one I use....

Great solution to file storage issues!!!! Thumbs Up

And the amount of free storage space.... 15 GIGABYTES!!! Clap

Try it, you'll like it!!!!

Life in the Food Chain - become part of the 'Data Mine'.
I know you read their T's & C's and can see them talking out of the side of their mouths...I just don't see it a great idea trying to sell everyone on exposing themselves.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:28am
I can start my own photo archive on blogspot, but haven't gotten around to it.  As for my avatar, it actually looks like the garbage they put in it is being blown away...   eh, I've decided I just don't care very much...  Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:18pm

I can start my own photo archive on blogspot, but haven't gotten around to it.  As for my avatar, it actually looks like the garbage they put in it is being blown away...   eh, I've decided I just don't care very much...  Wink

LOLStock Advice: One of my 'trusted advisors',  Mr. S. Steigman suggests a Japanese Electronics Holding named 'Maximum Capacity Dry Cell'. 
Personally? I sold out...however, I mention this because I think you'd find their logo cool.Wink 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm
I found a new book to add to the PawLibrary! Great 'read' for anyone with an interest in real(ly interesting) history.
Everyone knows about Josef Mengele, yet so few knew about Sidney Gottlieb - probably because he was the U.S.'s very own version of Mengele. Timothy Leary didn't lie.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:25pm
Mama done gone and left me all alone...

We saw this story this morning.

2 Men Face Federal Criminal Charges After Walking Onto Legendary “Old Faithful” Geyser in Yellowstone National Park Tuesday

Mama asked me if I've ever been there...Nope.  She has and wants to go back!  I told her, maybe her next husband will take her there.  She gives that silly giggle like I'm just joking.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Mama done gone and left me all alone...

We saw this story this morning.

2 Men Face Federal Criminal Charges After Walking Onto Legendary “Old Faithful” Geyser in Yellowstone National Park Tuesday

They should've made them pull their pants down and sit on the opening.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:26pm
There's a few things I need to get done over the next couple of days.  There is a chance for rain everyday, for the next few days, starting late tonight.  I've started getting the boat ready for winter. There's 4 drains on the engine and 3 hoses I need to disconnect and drain.  The dew was so heavy and the cover was so wet it looked like it just rained.  I can change the oil in the vehicles in the garage so the rain won't bother me there.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 5:09pm
🎵 Oh, I've got pains in new places!🎵
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:32am
I'm calm and lazy today....thinking about my brother who almost got us kicked out of the cemetery when we went to see my Father. Well, it took both of us and our Mom was walking away while other mourners got really confused. We were trying to get a 'group selfishie' with Dad and kept getting more of one of us than the other and then got a little loud about who's beard was more grey and better matched Dad's, which matched his headstone. After we threw each other on the ground once or twice, security from the Vet Cemetery came and asked why we had taken the caretaker chain down and parked the Tokyo WolfGlideMobile way back in the cemetery. Luckily Mom was there and we got out of trouble though she wouldn't admit knowing us, but did claim we were quite immature. 
Life is crazy and fun with a family that happily suffers from socially-unacceptable behaviors (that we bring out in each other).
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:18am
I try not to bother my neighbors and they don't often do anything to bother me.  Last night, just as the bedroom was cooling off for some restful sleep, the neighbor starts a campfire. The freaking wind is blowing the smoke right at our house! I have the big fan going full blast in the living room sucking air into every open window.  Thanks, a lot!

I need to muster up the energy to go to the grocery store, my hip feels pretty good. Mama bought some fresh green peppers at the market the other night.  She wants to make some stuffed green peppers...MMMM, GOOD EATS!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 197>
  Share Topic