Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Speaking of Benjamins...

I just came back from Sears where I bought two pairs of shoes (mainly for work).  Thought I'd spent $100, based on the prices on the boxes.  But it turns out they were on sale, and I spent only a Grant!! 

What... you didn't buy them at Walmart??? Shocked

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 5:36pm
No.  Walmart has a lot of nice-looking shoes (and cheap!), but they mostly have synthetic uppers.  I need leather or fabric.  I blame synthetic shoes (from Payless) for my 28 y/o toenail fungus.  Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 5:43pm

No.  Walmart has a lot of nice-looking shoes (and cheap!), but they mostly have synthetic uppers.  I need leather or fabric.  I blame synthetic shoes (from Payless) for my 28 y/o toenail fungus.  Angry 

Synthetic material is definitely bad for your feet because it doesn't breathe.

I thought Walmart carries Dr Scholl's.

I bought a pair of them a few years ago for $25.

Don't  really like them, though.

They kill my big toe.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 5:54pm
I buy my shoes at Walmart, when they have my size and style. I need some new slippers! I need oil and filters for both vehicles too!  Maybe Mama will go with me!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:02pm
DisapproveErmm
Being tend to only wear New Balance, Sketchers, or Rocksports, I go to only the high-end stores, such as DSW Shoe Warehouse, where my last pair of Sketchers cost $16. I usually get out for about $50 for a pair of shoes, so, don't mind me while I snub my nose around the likes of you WallyWorld Runway Stylers. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:05pm
^  Pa, I went to DSW before going to Sears.  DSW didn't have what I wanted.  I ended up buying Everlast and Amplify brands.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:13pm
Speaking of buying things, about two or three weeks ago I broke down and bought on of these...

Bought it during the state back to school sales tax holiday.

After using an Android tablet for the past five years, getting used to Windows again has been a little weird.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:19pm
I love my old PC! I don't need any of these 'forced' upgrades!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:23pm
It's a good day on the forum when....

What happened to Thor!

Member(s) online: OperatorStandingBy, Jimbo, PaWolf, aka ron
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I love my old PC! I don't need any of these 'forced' upgrades!

My old Android was just getting too "laggy".

I was constantly having to clear out the RAM which there wasn't enough of to begin with.

This new one has 8 gigs of RAM with 128 gigs storage capacity, so should be good for awhile.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:26pm

It's a good day on the forum when....

What happened to Thor!

Member(s) online: OperatorStandingBy, Jimbo, PaWolf, aka ron

Yeah, I saw that earlier.

All the old timers on at once.

Thor doesn't hang around long anymore though.

His brother only gives him so many minutes on the computer per day before making him get off and resume his household chores.

LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:30pm
Speaking of which, the old stomach clock tells me it's lunchtime!!! Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm

^  Pa, I went to DSW before going to Sears.  DSW didn't have what I wanted.  I ended up buying Everlast and Amplify brands.

You'll probably find what you need when you get out of the women's section.

Actually, DSW stores are not consistent - some are great and some are horrible.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well, now that you mention it, they did have some pumps that looked adorable on me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:07pm
^ LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:36pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well, now that you mention it, they did have some pumps that looked adorable on me.

I think Ian Anderson is all done up like you might appreciate...check out the stax.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:46pm
It's been a difficult spring and summer here.  The flood destroyed the irrigation pump, the water leak that cost us $3300. At least the front lawn is looking a little better.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 6:57pm

It's been a difficult spring and summer here.  The flood destroyed the irrigation pump, the water leak that cost us $3300. At least the front lawn is looking a little better.

That does look a lot better!!

Hope next year is easier on you and momma.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 5:20pm
Thanks, Jimbo.

Mama brought home a bunch of apples from the market. Yesterday, she said she was going to make some apple pies.  I think of this woman and yell out the word...

PIE!!!

GEICO TV Spot, The Gecko Visits a Diner - Screenshot 8

She didn't know what the hell I was yelling about!  Just now, after slurping on her chocolate shake I bought her when I was buying a sandwich. She was having another portion of PIE!

So I had to bring up the video so she knows I'm not quite ready for the rubber room.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:15pm

Thanks, Jimbo.

Mama brought home a bunch of apples from the market. Yesterday, she said she was going to make some apple pies.  I think of this woman and yell out the word...

PIE!!!

She didn't know what the hell I was yelling about!  Just now, after slurping on her chocolate shake I bought her when I was buying a sandwich. She was having another portion of PIE!

So I had to bring up the video so she knows I'm not quite ready for the rubber room.

I'm guessing that ever since you joined this forum she's had ever increasing suspicions about that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 5:02pm
^ LOL
Oh, she knows all about this place.  If I laugh out loud or see something she might like, I'll call her over here.

Speaking of Mama, she has a busy day.  I wrote down the name and model number for the disposal and left it out for her.  I told/asked her if she is close to Menards...BUY THIS!  She took the note with her!

She had to pick up my BFN (best friend never) Marie in Oshkosh, then go to the market in Winneconne then back to Oshkosh to drop her off and on to a birthday (4) celebration for the grandson Henry...Whew!  Wears me out just talking about it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 3:32pm
I went out and mowed the front lawn, I haven't been keeping up with the trimming. So today, it is Labor Day, I took the trimmer out there and BAM, I'm out of string!  Dammit!  I got the worst of it done on that side at least.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 5:07pm
Yeah, I need to mow mine too.

I'm just...

Cool

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:03pm
Do you ever wonder why some song gets stuck in your head?  Today, I solved a mystery!

I'm not nuts, I knew I had heard this song before!

We have only audio in the bedroom, nobody wants to see that anyway! Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 6:31pm

Do you ever wonder why some song gets stuck in your head?  Today, I solved a mystery!

I'm not nuts, I knew I had heard this song before!

We have only audio in the bedroom, nobody wants to see that anyway! Tongue 

Hard to not recognize Sting's voice.

What with him being from that bygone era when singers had their own unique sound and you could instantly tell who they were, even if you had never heard a particular song before.

Unlike the crappy singers of today who mostly sound exactly like each other.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 197>
  Share Topic