Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

You won't see any color change for a while.  It is still full of water & curing.  Eventually the top will 'oxidize' to the color you are used to.  It only bugs you now because it's new... 

True, but by that time, none of us will be around anymore....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 6:26pm
^ LOL  Ain't that the truth!

Kind of a weird thing last night about 10:00.  I heard some noise just outside here in the living room.  I hobble over to the light switch for the back porch...I see this big yellow cat jumping off of the fence of the dog run. I think it was trying to get to the birds in the nest on the outdoor speaker.

We have had two separate sets of doves (and babies) in that nest this year.  It's a perfect place, sheltered from bad weather and predators.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 11:06am
I needed to make a run to the grocery store this morning, I aired up the tire that I know has a slow leak.  I rolled back a couple of feet and I could tell there was a problem.  The right rear tire is completely flat! I must have picked up a puncture while I was out yesterday.  I should be able to plug it as long as it's not in the sidewall. I went ahead and took Mama's Edge to the store.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 1:34pm
Here's the nail I pulled out of the tire.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 3:18pm
I pulled a nice long booger out of my nose a couple days ago.

I shoulda laid it out in a paper towel, took a pic and posted it here.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 3:27pm
LOL  Did you have a flat nose?  Try Navage!

I could have used some help, shoving that probe through steel belts!  Thank God for floor jacks.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
I pulled the boat out into the driveway, asked Mama to carry the ladder to the boat. I hooked up the battery charger.  That was enough to work up a sweat and it's not even that hot yet.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:57pm
Yeah!  I post a lot of pictures!

I like to share!

Sling TV Spot, First Timers: Easy: First Month Featuring Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally - Screenshot 6

I put the charger in the engine compartment and closed the hatch just in case it rains.  I won't try to start it until tomorrow.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 5:41pm
Crazy times in a small town, I feel lucky I didn't have to take a detour when I was out earlier.  Mama is up there, getting burned by the sun.  People started putting out lawn chairs yesterday, to save their spot for the parade.  Probably one half to three quarters of a mile. Yeah! It's crazy.  I couldn't sit out there in the heat. It would kill me!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:19pm
Seen one parade, you've seen em all.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 5:40pm
Mama quit early, she was drenched with sweat and couldn't take it anymore.  Then, the storms came in!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:34pm
I'm suffering from a serious case of 'over doing it'.

A run to the grocery store.
Washing sheets and remaking the bed.

And, my biggest failure of the day!  I used a heavy dose of car wash in hot water and a scrub brush!  Not much luck. The boat cover.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:59pm
Oh!  And I mowed the front yard too!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:50pm
I woke up this morning and I've been lying around since then.

Got up to eat lunch.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:25am
Ate a piece of pizza, yesterday about 2 PM and took a nap...woke up at 3 AM, fed my mother Sunday dinner on Monday morning and was back in SleepyLand by 4, but up at 8 for a meeting until 10 and back to SleepyLand...only to awaken 'stupid' about 9 PM. Went to Arby's for meals and came home and began fighting with a HorseySauce packet.
I wasn't sure it was open, so I pointed it straight up in the air (just like Thor would hold his hammer) and squeezed.
It was indeed open.
I need to go back to sleep real fast - I'm safer there, but I'm thinking of going to an all-night grocer's...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 6:29pm
I did some chopping and raking in the front yard...I told Mama,  since she has to go to Oshkosh and pickup her loser friend, buy some grass seed!  We are going to have more rain tomorrow afternoon.  I'd like to get the seed down and try to fix it!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:54pm
I hope you aren't fighting mole crickets....just aerating and seeding?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
^ I should have rented a small tiller, I didn't prep the area for seed as well as I would have liked to.

Mama done gone and left me all alone, again.  She attends 4 different Farmers/Crafts Markets a week.

Today!  It's a Baby Shower for her oldest daughter's first child, third grand child for us/we/her.  There were complications early in her first pregnancy, she is due sometime next month and everything is going well.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:29pm
Just got a little 'weirded out' when I looked up at my Atomic Clock as it was re-synchronizing itself...a true 'time flying' experience, 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
I called the shop uptown about some tires for my truck.  He didn't sound very optimistic when I quoted some of the prices I found online.  They probably stick with some of the bigger brand names.  That might help them with a bigger profit margin.

TrailfinderAll Terrain265 /70 R17 115T SL BSW

Item# 3270745,000 mile warranty
$101.67
Instant Price Match
Free Shipping

All Terrain 
He suggested a highway tire which would be fine with me, I don't need aggressive tread like this.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I called the shop uptown about some tires for my truck.  He didn't sound very optimistic when I quoted some of the prices I found online.  They probably stick with some of the bigger brand names.  That might help them with a bigger profit margin.

He suggested a highway tire which would be fine with me, I don't need aggressive tread like this.

The last time I bought tires, I went to Tires Plus.

Pretty cool. I went to their website, picked out the tires I wanted, got a nice discounted price, then I set up an appointment which they confirmed via email.

Went in at the scheduled time, sat in the waiting room, had a few cups of free coffee and used their WiFi, they took my car in at the scheduled time with no waiting or delay.

They honored the price and I was in and out in about 30 minutes.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:54pm
I called the same place about tires for the Corvette, they couldn't or wouldn't even find the size I needed.  I found them at Tire Rack, I believe.  They, the shop uptown, did mount and balance the tires.  I may just go that route again, if they let me.  The tire I posted is exactly like the tires on it now.  If I can get them for $100 each, I'd be real happy.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:06pm
Well, the guy found me some highway tires for $111 a piece. At least I won't sound like a big ass truck going down the road!  They can't get me in until Thursday.

I mowed the lawn!  That is depressing because I see all of the work I need to do!  Mama will help me tomorrow, more grooming of the bushes and shrubs around the house.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 4:55am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I mowed the lawn!  That is depressing because I see all of the work I need to do!  Mama will help me tomorrow, more grooming of the bushes and shrubs around the house.

Same here. Mowed the grass and was depressed over all the other crap I still need to do.

Oh well.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:36pm
I just placed an order for this thing.  It was foolish of me to think that throwing some seed down just before a heat wave would give me good results.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 197>
  Share Topic