Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm
I hope you weren't playing Dr. Jimbo and viewing Uranus!  Shocked

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I hope you weren't playing Dr. Jimbo and viewing Uranus!  Shocked

Not a chance!!!!

My "back road" is strictly....

...and that one way is...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:50pm
LOL

Or my favorite!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:59pm
Well, the plumber told me a whole lot of nothing!  He said to have the city read our meter to see if we are using more water than usual.  I already know that the leak (which the plumber couldn't find either) is happening before the water meter.  Anyway, he did agree with my idea to run a new line from outside the house, he was speaking of an angle drill that would make it possible.  Now I have to deal with the city and their BS!  I guess the only harm being done is that the sump pump is running more often, shortening its service life. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 5:48pm
UPDATE- BREAKING NEWS!

The city sent someone over here after my phone call.  He determined that the leak is between the house and the valve near the street.  Of course, the pipe on our side of the valve is our responsibility.  He said they have equipment (audio) that can narrow down the location of the leak. Any which way it goes, it's going to be expensive.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 10:16pm

Totally sucks, dude.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
Nothing like an early morning run to the ER! Mama had something that didn't agree with her.  Some kind of allergic reaction.  She's OK now.  I just picked up some drugs for her, some Benadryl and some preg-no-zone. Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 4:29pm
Sounds like your wife would be healthier if she did more drugs?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:13pm
You should see the list of stuff she takes!  That's why I don't like doctors or health insurance or drug companies or hospitals.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:52pm
Very similar thinking as mine and I lost...let her stay on her meds and keep her around. I still think the same. My last round of physicals, 2 years back, never were completed, yet had to have paid for a few doctors' Audis. One doctor (my primary care physician) even dumped me as a patient after I frankly told him the same. One other doctor in Buffalo was sure I would be dead by now (he had given me a life span not exceed 5 years, back then). I'm still caring and kicking and meaner than ever and I have no intentions of going anywhere outside of this life for quite some time.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:49am
I wanted to get something done this morning before I have to wake Mama up at 6:00.  She has some sort of sale event going today.  First, I had to find my drain snake. It was in the cabinet behind where I park my truck in the garage.  The tub drain in our bathroom has gotten really slow.  You should have seen the nasty hair clog I pulled out of the drain.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 8:14pm
^^^I use screens on all drains. Cheap, easy to clean and replace. 
I also will boil a pot of water and pour one into each drain once a month.
I don't like clogs.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:54pm
Here's Mama at the sale on Saturday, notice the compound bows above her. It was held at the Bowhunters building.  A pretty good turn out. She left me a note to buy some Tostitos, she bought some fresh SALSA! People just like to say the word SALSA!! Tongue

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 5:51am
The newspaper thief struck again yesterday LOL
Oh, he got a paper alright, but it was a decoy with a "Busted!" message inside.  LOL
Hopefully he'll at least leave my paper alone in the future, if not I'll put up another camera and let the cops deal with it.  Until then, I'll still put out decoy papers (if they arrive before bedtime...)

Also, the local Walgreen's is pulling a scam with their Easter candy clearance sale.  Supposed to be 70% off, but they are still selling it at 50% off, if not full price ($6 worth at 'discount' came up to $18+.  Didn't take those overcharged items, but the cashier messed up charging for the items I did take & I got them for 75% off.  Big smile )  I haven't shopped at that store much due to the constant attempts at shortchanging.  Went the the W the next town over, though, & got some good deals... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:14pm
Mama was in the local paper again today. Her and her gal pal, Marie. She opened up a separate account for her little busyness.  That's good! She needs to keep track of the money for tax reasons and not dip into the family budget money.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 5:34pm
I can't find too much to bitch about right now so I'll just brag on my sexy wife.

She has an ad on Etsy...whatever that is. Some woman from Beleze is staying with her sister in Mass.

She sees the ad and wants her (Mama) to make a bracelet that matches her ear rings.

This is the finished product...

The woman paid the shipping herself!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:37pm
Mama won the 'OINK' of the day award yesterday...

I usually buy a $20 Fill up from KFC when I have to travel over to the cluster of big cities north and east of here.  It comes with 8 pieces of chicken (usually). 2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs and 2 legs.  A whole bird!
Mashed potatoes/gravy, cole slaw and 4 biscuits. I ate 1 breast yesterday.  Looking forward to something a little different for breakfast I looked in the bucket and I see...ONE THIGH LEFT!!!  There was still some potatoes and slaw left so it was still good.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:10pm
Couldn't you get all that from the grocery store for about half the price?

8pc hot deli fried chicken = $6

Mashed potatoes & gravy = $4

Can of Pillsbury biscuits = $2

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 4:35pm
I suppose so but wouldn't I have to prepare and cook it all?

Save $10 walking through a busy grocery store or going to a drive-up window?  Priceless!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:55pm

I suppose so but wouldn't I have to prepare and cook it all?

Save $10 walking through a busy grocery store or going to a drive-up window?  Priceless!

Nahhhh.

Almost every modern chain grocery store in the US of A has a deli and a hot food case where they serve prepared food.

And pre-packaged cold sides like Cole slaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, etc.

You might have to open up a can of biscuits and bake them for about 10 minutes, but that's no big deal.

Probably closer to your home, too.

Save about $8 - $10 bucks and not have to drive as far?

Even priceless-ier.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:06am
I'm getting tired of waiting on the city to do something.  It's like they don't know what to do!  The leak will be 3 weeks old this Thursday. I found this service that has an office in Wisconsin.

Sound - Do you hear water running even when no water is being used?

When it comes to your home, don’t take any chances. Too often plumbers guess at where they think a leak is located. With our technology and experience, we can find leaks without destruction. Because of our commitment to our clients and the exceptional service we provide, we have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and were ranked in Entrepreneur Franchise 500 in 2016.

https://www.americanleakdetection.com/residential/plumbing/leak-detection/
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:45pm
A friend of mine said one of his neighbors brought a stethoscope over to his house and used it to locate a leak under his slab.

Your wife being a nurse might have one or two lying around?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:02pm
LOL
She declined.  That IS a good idea!

The guy from the city public works dept. said they have a tool for that.

What I found in some of my research...

Sonic Leak Detection:

Sonic Leak Detection EquipmentWhen a pressurised water pipe develops a leak the water flows out it into the surrounding soil at high speed, which causes: The pipe material to vibrate at the exit point. This vibration, or sound, is transmitted by the pipe. This “noise” (called structure-borne) can be heard at remote contact points, e.g. valves. The water jet and the pipe, in the vicinity of the leak, also induce vibration into the surrounding soil. Simply Leak Detection utilizes only the best sonic equipment provided by several leading manufacturers.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 3:40pm
Well, the guy from American Leak Detectors called me back.  They want a lot of money to come out here.  I should trust my gut and just tell the plumbers to replace the line where it comes into the house.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:56pm

Well, the guy from American Leak Detectors called me back.  They want a lot of money to come out here.  I should trust my gut and just tell the plumbers to replace the line where it comes into the house.

I figured that was going to be an expensive proposition. Those guys do not work cheap. For what you'd pay them, you could probably buy your own detector.

That was why I suggested using your wife's stethoscope. Maybe if you tell her how much money they want, she'd let you use it.

Also - have you looked into renting a detector?

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 197>
  Share Topic