Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 3:24pm
LOL
"caught up in the promises of some fair weather friend"

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 2:02pm
I'm getting a chance to work on my parenting skills.  Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 4:34pm
Henry and Mick from left to right. My wife is so strong!  She came home to take a shower while I visit with the youngsters. Henry (age 3) is a little hellion, I did nothing but chase him around the house for 30 minutes, Mick (10) helped me too.  This house is FAR from child proof. Dozens of ways for him to hurt himself or damage property.  She (Mama) did thank me for the short break.

Henry's dads mom has offered to take them for part of the day on Saturday.  THANK YOU!!  Mama will need a break by then.  I guess the Brewers home opener was epic...That's where the parents are.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 4:53pm
It's good to have Mama back home for a little while, I don't like to be alone.  What if I konk my head or something?  It is a 2 aspirin day after going to the grocery store and making chili.  Get in line for fresh chili but be polite or...

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 8:41pm
So, what's the penalty for stanky, post-chili farts?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

So, what's the penalty for stanky, post-chili farts?
Wink*I* bet probably ZERO unless ice cream is served right after the chili and this all happens in a 1-bathroom house that is short toilet paper...and the toilet flapper keeps slipping...so, it almost sounds like it could be time for that 'Hiawatha Honeymoon' where you run to the woods for some leaves, if there are any to be found.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 11:59am

Literally, "the dead zone":

I had to put my beloved Mickey to sleep yesterday.  He was 17 this month.  My heart is breaking.  He was part of the trio of B/Ws I got in 2002.  Mickey, Mallory and Killer.  All gone now.  Cry

I'd post his pic, but it seems many pics are gone from The "Pet Pictures" thread, and all my pics are on my old computer.  I'll have to figure something out later on.  Not in the mood right now.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 1:37pm
Terribly sorry to hear about that.

The day all pet owners dread.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
Sorry to hear this, Thor. RIP Mickey
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 12:09am
Thanks, guys.  I knew the day was near; I just wasn't sure exactly when it'd be.  Yesterday was it.  Now, all three of the bros I'd acquired in 2002---Killer, Mal and Mickey---are gone. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 1:58pm
Sorry for Your loss, Bubba.
He probably took his pics down on his way out the door - maybe he knew the risk of posting pics on the Internet and he didn't wish for his image - his memory - to be disrespected. I don't lame him...Maybe it is time tou consider one of those new, young GenX-Metrosexual Cats
Image result for cat memes
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 5:57pm
Mama is asleep on the couch, I don't have any more commercials on my list and I'm getting hungry.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:23pm
She is still recovering from 4 days with the grand kids. She had to take her mom to the doctor yesterday and the Women's League meeting last night. She was a busy Mama!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:34pm
Time to get her up and fixing your lunch!!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:41pm
Looks like a 'Homicide Investigation' is in order...if she doesn't already have your lunch ready, call the police and turn yourself in.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 5:37pm
Mama is going to her first official sale day of the year.  She had her display all set up a few hours ago, I should have taken a picture of it then.  She has been looking into when (what threshold of income) she would have to report the income. I don't think we are there yet.

Of course, when you choose a venue.  It's always good to have some alcohol available.

Calendar of Events

Welcome to Our Winery

The home of Fine Mead, Wine, and Cider

We began production in 2015 and are open for tasting and sales.

We have also planted our vineyard and orchard. The vineyard consists of Petite Pearl, Marquette, Frontenac, St. Pepin, Brianna, and La Crescent vines, while the orchard consists of mostly classic cider apples and some local favorites thrown in for fun like Wolf River and Cortland.

Local produce and honey are used when possible.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 6:44am
Dessert was a mess tonight. Big smile  Dug out the Julia Childs cookbook & made some creampuff shells (easy!)  Stuffed some with van pudding & cool whip.  Almost too big to eat.  Needed to wash my face afterward...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

...We have also planted our vineyard and orchard. The vineyard consists of Petite Pearl, Marquette, Frontenac, St. Pepin, Brianna, and La Crescent vines, while the orchard consists of mostly classic cider apples and some local favorites thrown in for fun like Wolf River and Cortland.

Big smile I would like my official free samples now, with honey, thankyouverymuch!Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:56pm
OuchBeing I have to work all night, I need to go back to sleep for awhile, but I am scared. Before I woke up, I was 'hearing' the soundtrack to an old musical I don't recall hearing since I was but a pup, and I didn't like it then. I had slept well but have absolutely NO REASON to even think about this unless I was being haunted by my father...and since I've been awake, I've had three different invitations to spend a day with others, none of which I care to honor...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:43pm
aka's sausage gravy on toast...Mmmmm!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...We have also planted our vineyard and orchard. The vineyard consists of Petite Pearl, Marquette, Frontenac, St. Pepin, Brianna, and La Crescent vines, while the orchard consists of mostly classic cider apples and some local favorites thrown in for fun like Wolf River and Cortland.

Big smile I would like my official free samples now, with honey, thankyouverymuch!Wink

LOL

A well-known American cooking apple, notable for its large size.  Wolf River is mainly used for cooking, and it keeps its shape when cooked.  It is fairly sweet and doesn't need much sugar added.

Wolf River has a very high natural resistance to the disease apple scab, and good resistance to fireblight and mildew.  It is also very cold hardy, making it a good choice for growing in the northern part of North America.

My mom had a great recipe for an apple salad...

Dice some fresh apples

Stir in some mayo, a little sugar and a touch of vinegar.  Good stuff!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 5:41pm
We have city water and sewer service here. The water line comes to the house, from the main, under the driveway.  There is a shut-off valve about 10 feet from the street.  Mama noticed, when she went out for the mail, that the cap was way above the level of the driveway.  I went out and looked at it and I could pull the thing out of the hole.  A locking cap connected to about 3 inches of pipe.

They (the city) had trouble turning off the water here when the FEMA cluster f*ck was happening. They had to chip away some of the concrete around the pipe and patch it with some plastic crap.  With the climate here, I would guess the line to the house is as low as 4 feet under ground.

Anyway, I told Mama to call the city.  I don't want to mess with it!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:28pm
Hey, what ever happened to Regulus?  He hasn't been around in months.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:52pm

aka's sausage gravy on toast...Mmmmm!

Oh, damn!!!

That looks good!!! And I'm hungry!!!

Bet you could slip a coupla two or three into a FedEx envelope and send them here, couldn't ya?

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 197>
  Share Topic