Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:36am
Salvaged 90 pics from the brittle film.  Went to put all the slides away and found another box of slides(probably another thousand.)  The good news is that I found some slides with some of the same images that are in the salvage file.  Though I am starting to get sick of seeing 1952 Waikiki... 
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:16pm
CryWent to do laundry today and found a turd in the washing machine. I need to go ahead and replace to broken machine at home...and find another laundry mat.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryWent to do laundry today and found a turd in the washing machine. I need to go ahead and replace to broken machine at home...and find another laundry mat.

Sounds like another one of those "first world problems".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:53pm
^ LOL

I was just telling my wife about a poop emergency here this morning!
 I was in the garage gathering a few pieces of firewood.  I get this feeling...Uuuuuh, this not a fart.
My hip is a wreck and I don't walk very fast so I'm hoping I can make it to the bathroom in time.

I certainly burned some serious calories today!  I don't have to feel guilty about stuffing my face with some of my chili and Mama's fresh baked peanut butter cookies!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My hip is a wreck and I don't walk very fast so I'm hoping I can make it to the bathroom in time.

Sounds like it's time for you to invest in some kind of electric scooter for around the house.

Maybe not one of those sit down things like the ones fat people in Walmart use, but one of those stand up kind of things that look like a skateboard with handlebars....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:28pm
I should start my own company, the snowblower with a sulky!

I need a vacuum cleaner with a sulky.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
I would get one of those electric scooters in a heartbeat, but there's only one that's designed to carry my weight.

And it costs around $1,400.

The lighter duty ones like the one in the pic I posted, start at around $150 and go up into the hundreds.

I'd be willing to go up to about $500 - $600 but that's about it.

Been thinking about getting a Vespa or something similar, but they're pricey too.

I'd really like an electronic motorized mini transport of some kind as a backup vehicle to get to the store, etc if my car goes down.

And just for fun, too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:49pm
I'm feeling a little adventurous today. Mama is going to the dentist and there's a Subway over there.

Chipotle Cheesesteak

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:52pm
One of the members at another forum I visit has a pretty cool part time job. This is from a NASCAR thread.

Originally Posted by 94Lt1Vette View Post
I’ll be doing the flyby (weather permitting) on Sunday.
Which one were you?!? cool

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 6:36pm
I know!  So cool, I'm speechless!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:52pm
So here it is, a quarter to seven pm, and I've been fully awake and energetic enough to get up and get a little bit of housework done for about the last hour or so.

I've been sleeping on and off all day, too logy and tired to even get up.

One might blame it on the time change, but I'm pretty sure it had more to do with how I stuffed myself with spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner last night.

Let's just say I satisfied my craving for the foreseeable future.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:46pm

I'm feeling a little adventurous today. Mama is going to the dentist and there's a Subway over there.

Chipotle Cheesesteak

WinkYou never did tell us if it was any good...it SOUNDS tasty...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 5:01pm
I was not happy! I doubt my wife screwed up because I wrote it down for her. Beef & cheese (no toppings) is what I wanted!  The amount of beef on a 12 inch bun was pathetic, they didn't give me any f*cking cheese either.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:48pm
I have no idea why I am posting this here...except it just doesn't seem that long ago those sisters crept us all out so badly.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:01pm

I have no idea why I am posting this here...except it just doesn't seem that long ago those sisters crept us all out so badly.

They "crept" us out?

I thought they "creeped" us out.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They "crept" us out?

I thought they "creeped" us out.

creeped-crept.

binina-banana.

either is correct.

"For I, whom once had been creeped out have come to realize it was none other than I who got crept out." - William Wolfspeare 

Big smileWink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
Yesterday I started digging out access to the mailbox, I hurt from my neck to my knees! I was just out there again, worked up a sweat.  I think I had better put some more salt out there, it's above freezing and will be for the next few days.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:47pm
 We just went through another 60-40-75-30 set of days...my sinuses are totally shot ans I have the shivers.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:21pm

Yesterday I started digging out access to the mailbox,

They should make the mail carriers do that.

Put a shovel inside each vehicle, or if they walk their route, jam one down inside each of their mail sacks. Let them dig their own access to the mailboxes, dammit!!!!

Make 'em earn their pay a few weeks out of the year!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:15pm
^ That's a hell of an idea!  But we are talking about the USPS.  They have been operating in the red for decades. What is a stamp these days, over 50 cents? I cut a path wide enough for her to walk up to the mailbox, we'll see if that's good enough or not. We haven't gotten any mail since Saturday.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:33pm
I think I mentioned that Mama went to the post office, that was after speaking to someone on the phone..."Yeah, we have quite a stack of mail here for you."  She drove up there and apparently a sub was doing our route and she took our mail.  Angry  WTF!  I was about to go postal!  The gas and electric check was cashed on the 15th of last month, I'm worried about being charged a late fee!  We did finally get the mail today.

About that utility bill, I was surprised to see that it actually dropped from the previous month by over $20. I've been using the furnace quite a bit, the biggest energy sucking appliance in the house. $215 to $195

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 4:40am
The Ides of March were out in force today.  Wink  Have a lizard in the car that doesn't want to leave, so it'll be a mummy in a few days (hope it won't stink too bad. It found a hiding place in the dashboard.)  Then the deadbolt on the front door broke (closed of course),  so that had to be replaced.  Eh, day could have been worse... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:34pm
Winning $768 million Powerball ticket sold in Wisconsin!!!!

Where's aka ron????

Hey old buddy!!! Old pal!!!! Remember ol' Jimbo???? Good ol' Jimbo????

Your best friend in the whole wide world????

Old buddy!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 12:39pm
LOL
I'm sorry, old buddy. Old pal.  It's not me!  We have just under $60 left in checking.  I did give Mama some cash because she begins sitting with the grand kids today.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm

LOL
I'm sorry, old buddy. Old pal.  It's not me!  We have just under $60 left in checking.  I did give Mama some cash because she begins sitting with the grand kids today.

Oh, so it's not you then???

Damn!!!

Nevermind.

And what's with that "old buddy old pal" business????

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 197>
  Share Topic