Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:33am
LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:12pm
My day didn't get off to a very good start.  The mosquitoes are terrible!  I mopped the dew off of the deck, plugged in my sander and...NOTHING!  WTF?  I switched long extension cords, it still doesn't work.

While I was fiddling with it, it came on and took off a couple layers of skin on my (you're number 1) finger. Ouch!  I took the damned thing apart! There was a lot of paint chips and other crud all around the motor.

The second time I took it apart, I used compressed air to clean it out.  What a mess! It works again but I doubt I'm going back out there.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:06pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
My ass is dragging. I have the right side of the deck ready for paint. After another morning of scraping and sanding...and skeeters the size of sparrows, I washed it off with the garden hose.

This is me riding my old tractor out to the deck, I've been pushing my bad hip to the limit!  I may HAVE to see the doctor, I have a very high pain threshold. If I can't walk, it's time to see if they can help or fix it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:40pm
You could call this...Weird pictures from the aka ranch.

My Sharter Rectum internet service is giving me a lot of bullsh*t!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My ass is dragging. I have the right side of the deck ready for paint. After another morning of scraping and sanding...and skeeters the size of sparrows, I washed it off with the garden hose.

This is me riding my old tractor out to the deck, I've been pushing my bad hip to the limit!  I may HAVE to see the doctor, I have a very high pain threshold. If I can't walk, it's time to see if they can help or fix it.

I used to have a friend, I say "used to" because he died last year, who had both hips replaced with artificial ones.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I used to have a friend, I say "used to" because he died last year, who had both hips replaced with artificial ones.

So, are they for sale---maybe at a lower, used pre-owned cost?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm
I suppose, but you'd have to dig them up yourself though.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:29pm
They should make them a part of the organ donor wishes on your driver's license.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:56pm
LOL

I tried to find 'Used Replacement Hip Parts'.

The results were mostly Class Action Lawsuits concerning metal on metal joints and failures. And, if you can cremate a body with metal parts.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:40pm
My friend had one of his old, original metal-on-metal ones that had to be replaced with a newer one that had some kind of plastic material lining the socket part. It was on his desk, so I picked it up and asked him what it was. "Oh, that's my old hip" he says.

Weird.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm
ShockedConfused
I dropped my aged mother off at church today and while everyone is going in to church, a hooker approached me right in front of the church! No deal.LOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 6:00pm
Damn, PaW!

What kind of neighborhood is the 'Swamp Estate' located?

This feels like a swamp around here, high water levels and prime mosquito breeding ground.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:43pm
She was kinda cute in a hood-kinda-way with no visible chancres, much less any noticeable stank. YES, Yes, yes...of course she was black.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:01pm
It was raining earlier today, I am kind of obsessed with getting the work on the deck and the dock done.

I thought it was good to give my cut up right hand a chance to heal, the belt sander is kinda tough on my upper body muscles too. My hip is killing me.  I actually took a nap in the recliner today.  That never happens.

The Mobil station has a small hardware store, I have one board on the deck that has some rot.  I have filled this small hole before the last time I painted it.  They didn't have any wood putty.  I may have to send my wife to the big 'O'. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:26pm

I thought it was good to give my cut up right hand a chance to heal, the belt sander is kinda tough on my upper body muscles too. My hip is killing me.  I actually took a nap in the recliner today.  That never happens.

You should try to figure out a way to attach that belt sander to a pole of some kind.

Get something like this...

...or maybe rent a deck sander?

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:06pm

It was raining earlier today, I am kind of obsessed with getting the work on the deck and the dock done.

The Mobil station has a small hardware store, I have one board on the deck that has some rot.  I have filled this small hole before the last time I painted it.  They didn't have any wood putty.  I may have to send my wife to the big 'O'. Wink
Confused  Embarrassed  Shocked  Wink  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

He hasn't sent her there in months!!!!

As dirty minded as I am, I can't believe that I missed that!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:47am
^ LOL  You guys!

We live in a little town that starts with the letter 'O'.

'Oshkosh' is the big 'O'!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:23pm
More rain overnight, much cooler today and windy as a MoFo!.  The predicted low temp. for tonight is 37 degrees.

I finished scraping and sanding the left half of the deck.  I can only scrape when the surface is wet, that caused quite a delay.  I also painted the part that I prepped the other day.  The dock will go faster, less surface area and the surface will need less prep work.  We have a privacy fence next to the house that needs some touching up too. Same color.

I'm gonna have to think about taking the boat out of the water next week too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

He hasn't sent her there in months!!!!

As dirty minded as I am, I can't believe that I missed that!!!
Confused...I'm not all 'hep' to this stuff you folks are talking about...but would it be anything like this?

I wouldn't know about these things...Cry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:43pm
^  LOLLOLLOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
I was feeling adventurous and I just wanted something different, dammit! I went to the grocery store this morning.  Some lean ground beef (1lb) and a box of Creamettes spaghetti.  Oh...this too!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 10:53pm
Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread is "adventurous", "something different"??  I used to eat that maybe 4x/week when I was younger.  Now...not so often.  But still, it's my fave meal.  I don't even need the garlic bread.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm
It's a crazy race weekend at the new Charlotte Roval. Roval = combined road course/oval.  They just started the first practice and five cars have spun out or wrecked. 

It was a cold ride to the boat ramp this morning, I asked Mama to ride down there with me in the truck.

I'm not as agile as I used to be.  If I were good, I would have backed the trailer down the ramp better. Better means close enough to either the dock or the seawall for a comfortable short step. The bow cover was on for comfort, normally I would just climb on to the tongue of the trailer and hook the strap and crank the winch to secure the boat.  I motored the boat up on the trailer what I thought was far enough.  I gave Mama instructions just in case she might have to drive the truck, she has never done this before.

Put your foot on the brake, put it in drive and release the parking brake. I should have said...gently push the gas pedal.  The boat slid back a couple of feet causing negative tongue weight, I was yelling at her to stop. I still can't get out of the boat, the rear tires are digging holes.  Put it in 4WD! She doesn't know how!  Anyway, I told her how...it takes a couple seconds for it to engage.  It was impossible to winch the boat all the way onto the trailer, I had to put it back into the water. Climb into the bed and winch it all the way up.  I'm going to be hurtin for certain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 197>
  Share Topic