Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Jimbo, did your cat turn out ok? I know it's late, but I've been there. Had one of my favorite cats die on one of my favorite boots. Buried it with her. I wish you and your cat the best.

Hey.

Just now saw your post. Unfortunately, she passed away a week ago yesterday (Saturday) morning.

Did an RIP thread.

Thanks for your thoughts, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 5:52pm
I've been a good boy again today, f*ck the pain! I have things to do!

I cleaned out a couple hundred pounds of crud, stuff left behind from firewood, from the back of my truck.  I let it get wet! I put the snowblower in the shed. Added some StaBil and ran the carb out of gas.

We still have to sew a repair on the bigger part of the boat cover! Ouch

I raked the leaves away from the front of the house, cleaned the remaining hosta plants.

Put that stuff in one of my big trash cans.  I need to contact our local landfill.  I have about 5 bags of water softener salt.  I have no idea how to dispose of this.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I've been a good boy again today, f*ck the pain! I have things to do!

I cleaned out a couple hundred pounds of crud, stuff left behind from firewood, from the back of my truck.  I let it get wet! I put the snowblower in the shed. Added some StaBil and ran the carb out of gas.

We still have to sew a repair on the bigger part of the boat cover! Ouch

I raked the leaves away from the front of the house, cleaned the remaining hosta plants.

Put that stuff in one of my big trash cans.  I need to contact our local landfill.  I have about 5 bags of water softener salt.  I have no idea how to dispose of this.

Spread it evenly all over your front lawn like fertilizer.

The grass will love it and turn thick, lush and green!!!

Seriously!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 10:07pm
Talking about lawns I mowed the entire lawn today afterwards I was totally EXHAUSTED!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 5:44am
Quote I have about 5 bags of water softener salt.  I have no idea how to dispose of this.

Save it for winter & salt your driveway when it snows.  Or make the world's largest margarita...  Big smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:35pm
I've been slowly getting some of my work done around here. I mowed the front yard yesterday. Before I did that I checked the tires on the tractor and tried to get one of the blades off so I could sharpen it. I put a block of wood against the blade to try to stop it from turning while I try to loosen the bolt.

I have a piece of pipe that I use to add leverage to my 1/2 drive breaker bar, I couldn't find it.  The damn blade was just bending anyway!

I've never seen so many dandelions, Mama was kind enough to pickup some weedkiller today when she was out.  I filled one trash can with leaves from the old dog run, I'll let them dry out a little more and get the rest tomorrow.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:51pm

I've never seen so many dandelions, Mama was kind enough to pickup some weedkiller today when she was out.

My yard fills up with Spider Wort. Hard stuff to kill. Best way to get rid of it is to just dig each plant up by the roots. Lotta work, though.

I also get a lot of Biden's Alba. Not hard to kill, but because so many bees and butterflies land on it, I don't like spraying poison on it.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've never seen so many dandelions, Mama was kind enough to pickup some weedkiller today when she was out.

My yard fills up with Spider Wort. Hard stuff to kill. Best way to get rid of it is to just dig each plant up by the roots. Lotta work, though.

I also get a lot of Biden's Alba. Not hard to kill, but because so many bees and butterflies land on it, I don't like spraying poison on it.

I like spider wort.  Was it the kind with the lime green leaves and purple flowers?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:31am
Purple flowers but I think the leaves are darker green.

I like it too and so do the bees.

My back yard is full of it and I just let it grow.

The Bibens Alba attracts a lot of butterflies do I let that grow in back too.

In the front I have to keep it all under control.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:19am
Quote I've never seen so many dandelions, Mama was kind enough to pickup some weedkiller today when she was out.

The general at an AFB in Indiana my dad was stationed at absolutely hated dandelions & would send out hundreds of men to pull them up.  Not one small yard, but the whole frikkin' base...  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:53am
Dandelions are supposed to have several health benefits.

Making tea from the roots is supposed to be good for high blood pressure and the leaves can be eaten, too.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:37am
Do you remember that you're supposed to blow on a dandelion and make a wish.  I know they're technically weeds, but I like dandelions and think they're pretty!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:43am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote I've never seen so many dandelions, Mama was kind enough to pickup some weedkiller today when she was out.

The general at an AFB in Indiana my dad was stationed at absolutely hated dandelions & would send out hundreds of men to pull them up.  Not one small yard, but the whole frikkin' base...  LOL
Named after Gus Grissom, I've been there.  Grissom AFB.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:15pm
It's a freaking beautiful day in the neighborhood here today, how things can change in less than a month.

Our latest 'toy'... It's a freaking ghost!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:43pm
Today's the 55th anniversary of my First Holy Communion.  Same for my cousins Barry and Joey.  Joey's dead now.  He died of alcohol in his 30s.  Maybe too much Communion wine (or Communion vodka) for him.

Here's me, May 18th 1963:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:08pm
Where's the moustache?

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That kid is looking up at Jesus's sombrero falling off...  LOL

Went up on the neighbor's roof today to patch nail holes under the shingles.  They've got a leak & the son-in-law has tried 3-4 times to find it.  But wouldn't you know it, first time in a week it hasn't rained, so have to wait to see if it worked...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:37pm
The weather has been cool and cloudy the past few days, I finally had a chance to treat the back yard for weeds yesterday morning. The predicted high for today is 80.

It's best to apply the weedkiller when the leaves are dry, no dew. The dew dilutes the solution. It's also best to apply when the weeds are actively growing. It was pretty cool outside yesterday. The results were pretty good, I mowed the whole lawn today.  You can see the leaves and flowers shrivel up.

I remembered where I put my cheater bar while I was sleeping, the piece of pipe I use with my breaker bar to increase leverage.

BLADES SHARPENED!

I think the last day of school is June 1st, soon after that they will close the bridge across the Fox River in one direction.  I went to the grocery today. I need to plan meals, like in the old days, so we have something to eat all of the time. A simple run uptown is going to be a 20 mile long nightmare.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:34am
Got a new friend today while mowing the yard. Big smile  Had a hawk following me around, going after stuff where'd I already mowed.  We got within an arm's length a few times (it would sit on branches, the fence & a street sign) and we just looked at each other as I drove past.  It wasn't scared of the riding mower at all.  Also got some inspiration & put up a PVC pipe perch near the mac tree (it's getting cleaned out by the tree rats again this year), should be some good hunting there if it figures it out...  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:09am

Got a new friend today while mowing the yard. Big smile  Had a hawk following me around, going after stuff where'd I already mowed.  We got within an arm's length a few times (it would sit on branches, the fence & a street sign) and we just looked at each other as I drove past.  It wasn't scared of the riding mower at all.  Also got some inspiration & put up a PVC pipe perch near the mac tree (it's getting cleaned out by the tree rats again this year), should be some good hunting there if it figures it out...  Wink
ConfusedThink it could be one o'those critters with that weird 'zombie' disease?! I'd watch out for fear of it being rabid and deciding to fly into your face to pluck out your left eyeball.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:27am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That kid is looking up at Jesus's sombrero falling off...  LOL

ShockedLOLMrT!!!!LOLYou're probably going to straight to hell for that 'cause the BabyJeezus didn't like you making jokes about his beret.
And Thor? I'm so proud of you - I went through the same thing and didn't die due to alcohol, either - I drank baptismal beer instead of the wine!
I know some people who go to this church:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2009/july/gaypride.html
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:00pm
Well, I don't have any commercials on my list. I'm running out of things to talk about.  Mama is bringing me some food after meeting her mom.  Her washing machine is broken so they were going shopping.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:55pm
Got to breakfast with my dad. Had to get cat food for the 'bottomless pit' cats!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 5:19pm
I had one outdoor chore I wanted to do today. I looked like Pigpen while mowing the lawn yesterday, a cloud of dust followed me everywhere.  I wanted to get the irrigation pump up and running.  So much for that idea, it's raining now anyway. I'll try again tomorrow.  My chest was feeling a little funky, too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
Mama had a little 'fall down, go boom' moment when she was out with her mom the other day.  I would have mentioned it but I was a little worried about her.  She even had an appointment to see her doctor yesterday.  A bruise the size of a softball on her left hip...I guess she wanted to walk like me! Big smile
Anyway, after a few days and another good nights sleep. She canceled the appointment because she was having a lot less pain. We are a clumsy couple here at the aka ranch. It's kinda funny, now.  We were having some pillow talk the night before her appointment. I said. "Do you know what the doctor is going to tell you?"  "He's going to tell you that you have a huge bruise on your hip!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 197>
  Share Topic