Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:15pm
I'll have her call them or I will call our tax people. You're right, that is kind of a new thing. I checked the tax papers from 2016 and there is a section #9 on the W-2 but it says nothing about a Verification Code.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:53pm
I did some more checking. Our taxes are a little more complicated because Mama worked for only 6 weeks last year.

IRS Expands W-2 Verification Code for Filing Season 2018

For filing season 2018, the Internal Revenue Service has expanded the pilot to verify the authenticity of Form W-2 data. This initiative is one in a series of steps implemented by the Security Summit to combat tax-related identity theft and refund fraud.

The objective is to verify Form W-2 data submitted by taxpayers on e-filed individual tax returns. The IRS has partnered with certain payroll service providers (PSPs) to include a 16-character verification code on many Forms W-2 provided to employees.

Here’s what’s new for 2018:

• Verification codes will appear on more than 60 million tax year 2017 Forms W-2. That’s nearly one out of every four Forms W-2.
  • A Form W-2 with a verification code will display it in box 9, newly labeled “Verification Code.”
  • A Form W-2 without a verification code may include a blank box 9 or no box 9 at all.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:29am
So what's everybody's Super Bowl predictions?
 Mine is:  Eagles 31 : Patriots 27 (& Brady breaks a finger)
No, not putting any money on that...   LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm

I hope the Eagles win and Brady goes down with a broken ego.

Eagles 35  Patriots 24
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I hope the Eagles win and Brady goes down with a broken ego.

Eagles 35  Patriots 24

Same here.

Would also love for him to make an announcement afterwards with the "R word" featured prominently.

Same with Bill Belch.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 6:03pm
I'm rooting for the Eagles.  Thumbs Up  Brady has enough rings and I haven't forgotten Deflategate.   Wink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
Well, I got the answer to Final Jeopardy! All that time of being a vintage TV fanatic finally payed off! It asked along the lines of "you need us...For everything you do!" Was a slogan used for this channel known to customize content by location" I knew exactly what they were talking about! The 1990 promo of The Weather Channel! I've seen it since 2005! None of the contestants got it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Mama had an eye appt. this morning, I met her after that so we could sign the tax return. They will e-file so we should get the money in a week or so. I was worried that it might be a lot less money, she retired a little over a year ago. We get back about $700 less than last year.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 2:15pm
I stopped by to pass on a message from a YouTuber that needs his message passed on. I stand behind him 100%. You should too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7RfYt_p2mk

Sorry, still getting used to my new computer. This is windows. I'm used to Android and Linux. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 3:35pm
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 8:11pm
20 minutes??!  If he wants to pass on any message, he needs to abbreviate it to about 30 seconds.  And get rid of the accent!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:02pm
It is a bit long.

I tried to watch it and kept falling asleep, but that was because I had just gotten up then ate breakfast, so I was falling asleep anyway.

But there's no reason to pick on his Choiman accent. I bet if he spoke with a guido accent you wouldn't have a problem with it, ya dam rayciss!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It is a bit long.

I tried to watch it and kept falling asleep, but that was because I had just gotten up then ate breakfast, so I was falling asleep anyway.

But there's no reason to pick on his Choiman accent. I bet if he spoke with a guido accent you wouldn't have a problem with it, ya dam rayciss!!!

I hate the Guido accent even more.  I think I've even railed against it here.  In this day and age, there's no reason to have such a thick accent.  I think a lot of Itals purposely ham (or prosciutto) it up to sound street or prol or whatever.  These are the ones who still look up to John Gotti as a hero (or calzone).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I hate the Guido accent even more.  I think I've even railed against it here.  In this day and age, there's no reason to have such a thick accent.  I think a lot of Itals purposely ham (or prosciutto) it up to sound street or prol or whatever.  These are the ones who still look up to John Gotti as a hero (or calzone).

Yeah, there's this Italian cooking show on PBS Create that's hosted by a Sicilian guy named Nick Stellino. The gimmick on this show is that he's a chef and a story teller who intersperses his culinary creating with amusing anecdotes, which are of course told in the aforementioned exaggerated Guido dialect.

Couple of short examples...

I never watch it.

Kind of annoying, really.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:10pm
^ Nick Stellino was born in Palermo, Sicily.  How do you expect him to speak?  My maternal grandfather was born in Palermo.  This is not a put-on hammed-up Guido accent.  I think it's charming and refined.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:25pm
Dis heah is what I'm tawkin' about.  I hear this radio commercial all the time:

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:34pm
^ Thanks Thor.  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

^ Nick Stellino was born in Palermo, Sicily.  How do you expect him to speak?  My maternal grandfather was born in Palermo.  This is not a put-on hammed-up Guido accent.  I think it's charming and refined.

Welp, the German guy in the YouTube union video was obviously born in Germany, so I guess you could also ask Thor how does he expect him to speak?

Point is, I was just joshing around with Thor about all that anyway.

But all that aside, accent or no accent, Nick Stellino is still an annoying douche with his hokey little anecdotes.

And I do think he "prosciutto's" up the accent thing a little bit.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It is a bit long.

ShockedDisapproveFor YOU I have a huge 'Baloney'! I love hearing the thick accents, Guido, Irish...any
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:23pm
I've been a good old dog today. I cleaned both bathrooms, did the dishes, that wasn't hard.

I made my problem area's pretty sore rotating the tires on the truck...well, I did one side. Embarrassed

I had one side all jacked up, jackstand in place, and my goddamned new air wrench would not loosen the lug nuts. Angry  I had to set the tires back on the ground and use my 1/2 drive breaker bar to break them loose.  What a PITA!!  I doubt I go back out there today. I don't have to go anywhere and I could use Mama's truck if I did.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:48pm
OH, OH, OH!!  I went to the grocery store, too! I told mama that she is the designated chef of the day.

We have a big ole spoon roast in the crock pot, she's making mashed potatoes and I bought some beef gravy too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:37pm
I think I'm gonna get some fried chicken for supper tonight.

Maybe some tater tots and biscuits with it.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:22am
Down to the last 8 feet (out of 40) of digging out/sifting gravel by the pool.  It's taken almost 2 months.  Some of the lizards ignore me to run out & grab bugs (I also tossed them a few. Big smile)  Found an Indian arrowhead (though the tip was broken off) and a piece of another.  Hoping to wrap it up tomorrow before the rains come Tuesday...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm
I just spent many minutes looking for a picture I took years ago...I have so many pics and gifs, It's impossible to find what I want. But if you try sometime, you just might FIND- what you need.
And a surprise, too!  To the point of this post...

I had a brainstorm yesterday, I figured out that I could clean the half moon, arch pieces of glass above the living room windows from inside the house. Take out the storm windows, lower the upper sash and I can reach almost all of the outer surface.
 Notice, above the cute old dog and the valence, there is more window.

Weird dreams?  One thing I know about vivid, lifelike dreams. It takes deep sleep, right?

This is too weird.  Matt Kenseth is doing low level fly-bys, in his Lear Jet, over the driving range at Bear Slide GC. I just happen to be out there at the time. Hey, I had to pick two ticks off of me! Confused

Next! What a crazy night!  I'm in some third world country. I've lost my wallet, my car- Which happens to be my old 78 Cutless- LOL  and my pants!  There is nothing more embarrassing than walking around naked in a dream.

And here's my big find from a few years ago...I still love you Jimbo.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:54pm
Ramblin' Ron is a ramblin' guy....

And ILU2, man!!!

But you're not getting my Bud Light.

I had forgotten all about that Christmas tree ornament.

I almost remember Photoshopping it way back when.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 197>
  Share Topic