Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm
I'll see your 'walk in the park' and raise you some yard work. The LOUD gas blower work is done.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm
Maybe it's time to get a rechargeable electric blower.

Much quieter!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 5:43pm
I was polite and waited until after 9:00, it doesn't take very long to do the problem areas.

Can I wait till the gas powered one takes a crap?  Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I was polite and waited until after 9:00, it doesn't take very long to do the problem areas.

Can I wait till the gas powered one takes a crap?  Big smile

Yeah, might as well get your money's worth out of it.

I've got a corded electric blower as well as a Stihl corded electric string trimmer. Love it. I do my entire front yard with it.

They have a cordless version now.

Guess I'll just have to keep dragging the cord around behind me.

Getting ready to head to Big Lots. Got some stuff I need to get there.

Have a great afternoon.

Be back later.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
You go ahead with your hip, active senior lifestyle...I cleaned out a gutter today, I guess that's better than lying in one.

There is method to my madness. The other gutters that are clogged with leaves have concrete right below them.  The whole idea is to take the water away from the foundation, the concrete does just that.

I will have to do a final gutter cleaning after all of the leaves fall. I have a younger buddy who will do the real high gutter that scares me.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:06pm
I swear...I think I see more amputees and limbless people in one day of TV viewing (mostly commercials) nowadays than I have in person my entire life.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 2:18pm
I just made up a big pot of chili. That should feed us for a couple of days.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm

I just made up a big pot of chili. That should feed us for a couple of days.

You have obviously neglected to take into account my impending visit...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 3:48pm
LOL

It may not last 2 days, but I think we have enough. Even for you, Hoss.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:55pm

LOL

It may not last 2 days, but I think we have enough. Even for you, Hoss.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:58pm
LOLLOLLOL

Mama says, "The chili is goooood"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm

LOLLOLLOL

Mama says, "The chili is goooood"

I've got a can of Hormel Turkey Chili in the cupboard.

I like that stuff!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 2:50pm
I should change my screen name to 'The Procrastinator'. I finally got rid of the microwave we took from my mom in laws house. That and about 10 gallons of used oil.  The oil was free, they charged me $13.00 for the oven.  Both vehicles need an oil change, I had nowhere to put the oil.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:17pm

I should change my screen name to 'The Procrastinator'. I finally got rid of the microwave we took from my mom in laws house. That and about 10 gallons of used oil.  The oil was free, they charged me $13.00 for the oven.  Both vehicles need an oil change, I had nowhere to put the oil.

We've got Advance Auto Parts stores around here who take used oil for free.

Staples Office Supply stores take used electronics for free, too.

It's good to recycle!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:08pm
Yep, the county runs an all purpose facility. It's not usually free but it is convenient. They charge according to the weight and type of materials you want to dump. My empty weight, 5280 lbs, was not even a factor with the stuff I dropped off.

https://www.co.winnebago.wi.us/solid-waste/solid-waste-facility
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:50pm
I'm taking cats Mickey and Rocco in for free rabies vaccines tomorrow, courtesy of the township.  Not sure how it's gonna work out.  I've got a cat carrying container that's big enough for both of them, but I worry that if Rocco sees other cats, he may go ballistic, and I don't want him to go ballistic on Mickey.

Maybe I'll bring along another, smaller cat carrier just in case they have to be separated.

Oh, I'm not worried about rabies but, here, cats have to be licensed, and being vaccinated is a prerequisite to that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, I'm not worried about rabies but, here, cats have to be licensed, and being vaccinated is a prerequisite to that.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:53pm
I put the cats in the one big carrier, and took them for their shots.  The line was about 100 pets long even before the clinic opened.  Just as I began walking from my car to the end of the line, the handle on the carrier snapped.  I blame Rocco, who's become kind of a tubbo.  I had to carry the carrier there, and then push it along as the line moved.  The one dog in line that was barking was the one right in front of me.  I'm sure the cats loved that.  There was one vet there administering shots.  It just so happened it was my vet, the son of a woman I work with.

Brought the cats home.  Rocco tore ass and disappeared.  Crawled up into the box spring of my bed and hid there for hours.  He was not happy.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:08pm
Rocco prolly would have been happier if you would have let him play with the puppy.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:12pm
Went out messing around today and ended up near our local Hobby Lobby.

They have this Halloween coffee mug that I saw last year and meant to see if they had any marked down the day after, but never got around to going.

Thought about going again this year but figured it'd be a wasted trip and that all their leftover Halloween stuff would be sold out by now. But since I was there today anyway, I went in just to see.

They had a whole aisle full of leftover H'ween stuff and as luck would have it, they had ONE of those mugs left.

Everything was marked 50% off so I figured with the regular price being $8.99 I'd get it for ± $4.50.

Took it to the register and it rung up at 66% off, so I got it for $3 bucks!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:25am
IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:42am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Rocco prolly would have been happier if you would have let him play with the puppy.

It was a big German Shepherd.  Rocco probably would've kicked his ass.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:03am

Awwww!!

Did Leah ever have any interaction with a cat?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Awwww!!

Did Leah ever have any interaction with a cat?

No, it might have been fun to see how she was with a kitten or puppy.  Of the 4 Shepherds I have owned, Leah was by far the most high strung and hyperactive of them all.  She took her job as a watch dog very seriously.  But she had a very strong maternal instinct. She was a completely different dog around small children. Very gentle, cautious and protective.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 197>
  Share Topic