Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:42am
Yeah, me too.

As soon as it's in season, I'm buying it all the time.  There's not enough room in the fridge for a whole one, so I buy quarters.  It's more expensive, but at least I get to see what I'm buying.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:56am
I had this phrase in my head all day "pickle you kumquat" Where have I heard that before??? I thought and thought. Finally I search YouTube and turns out it's in an Orbit 'Dirty Mouth' ad from a couple of years ago!   
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, me too.

As soon as it's in season, I'm buying it all the time.  There's not enough room in the fridge for a whole one, so I buy quarters.  It's more expensive, but at least I get to see what I'm buying.

Quartered is the way I buy it too.

Easier to cut up and you can pick the one with the thinnest rind and the most meat.

Or pulp or whatever the edible red part of a watermelon is called.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:01pm
I need to run (well, drive actually) up to Walmart, but it's so effing hot out today, I don't even want to go outside...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:36pm
Guess I'll head on up to Wally World.

Be back around in a couple of hours or so if anyone is interested.

No?

Okay. Didn't think so.

Be back anyway.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm
Go man, Go!  I'll save you a piece of KFC extra crispy!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:48pm
What bad timing!!!!

Just as I was arriving at the store, the first rain drops were beginning to fall. Made it into the store before the rain hit, but while I was inside shopping, all hell broke loose.

You could here the driving rain hitting the roof. After I found all my stuff, I walked around a little waiting for it to let up. Finally went to the self checkout and paid. I get to the front and the rain has let up real nice. Great timing... I thought.

I get to the car and it starts coming down again, so I open the trunk, toss everything in and get in the front seat.

Where I sat for about the next half hour or so because it was blasting down so hard I didn't dare try to drive home.

It's hot in the car, the windows are all fogged and rolled up and I'm starving. Got two bags of food in the trunk that I can't get to.

I was pissed off!!!

But man oh frickin' man what a storm!!! I can't remember when I've seen so much rain come down!!!

It finally let up enough that I dared to drive home. The streets in my neighborhood were so flooded I was afraid my car was going to die in the middle of one of the streets.

Screw this crap!!!!

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:21am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:31pm
I had a wild hair this morning. We put a pretty good chunk of change into our stereo/surround system.

I haven't even turned it on in years.  So I give it a test run this morning. No FM signal.
It's really dirty behind the TV/Stereo stand. I just found another place to clean.

No antenna to the receiver, I'm lucky that there is already a splitter on the co-ax cable.
I stole the short piece of cable that goes to the TV in the kitchen.  I've got good reception now.

I notice only one speaker of 6 is not working. Front, back, center and a subwoofer with it's own power supply.  Yeah! It kicks ass!

Sony STR-DG600 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver with XM Connect-and-Play

• Features 770 Watts of total system power, 110 Watts per channel
  • Composite video up-conversion to S-Video output
  • XM Connect and Play ready for XM radio reception
  • Digital Cinema Auto Calibration makes it easy to tailor your home theater sound to your listening environment

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:10pm
Looks like a nice piece of audio equipment.

Kinda pointless nowadays here in the age of sucky music though...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm
The dvd player, which also plays Cds, is hooked up to it as well.
There is still a little good music on the radio. Listen to some of the songs I posted in the "New Music" thread. You might even like a few. Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:48pm
Been going non-stop today.

Trimmed bushes
Cut the front lawn
Cleaned the patio
Did laundry
Vacuumed my bedroom and living room
Broke my toe
Hung pictures and a mirror
Cleaned the bathtub/shower/glass
Went to the supermarket
Cooked pasta to mix in with the chicken salad I bought
Paid my car insurance

I've about had it for the day.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:59pm
Good thing you broke your toe.

Otherwise you would have had no fun at all.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:49am
Ouch Ouch!  Thor, did you go to a doctor or urgent care?  Are you in pain?  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:58am
Naah.  It's just a broken toe.  Nothing to do but tape it to the next toe.  It hurts to walk on a bit, but I've always contended that pain that's that far away is different than that same pain would be closer to the head.  In other words, if that same amount of pain was in my head or jaw (like a toothache), it would suck much worse.

I broke my foot a few years ago.  A friend (ortho surgeon) said there's nothing really to do for that, either.

Didn't even take aspirin for this stuff.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:18pm
^ Is it the big toe joint? A naked picture of my right foot would make you puke!

The power went out at 7am this morning. I was sure it was the fuse on the pole across the street. I saw a flash!  There was no bad weather in the area.  They found the problem down the road aways.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:41pm

No, it's the toe next to the little toe.  No big deal. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:54pm

Accidentally kick a table leg?

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:08pm

Been going non-stop today.

Broke my toe

ShockedOhhhhhhhhhhh! My DREAM! Help PaW complete his 'Bucket List'!
Thor - this is your perfect chance to become a 'savior'!
Can you just go ahead and cut it off right now? Ya know, totally severe it. Make it your big toe, even if it wasn't the one you broke. Mummify and sterilize it really good and stuff it in a jar of salt. Buy a fleabag motel with a bar in Ho-Ho-Kus and put your toe salt jar on the wall.
Offer up ToeOfTheThor for $5 just like in the Dawson City Hotel offering.
I'll drop by and consider a shot if the fungus remains...on your other toes only.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 5:11am
Another Random PaWTail!
Late, two nights ago...very, very tired...naked on the toilet, dropping last loaf of the day.
Slow loaf, or as the BratWolf (youngest son) refers to this kind, a 'Prairie Dog'.
I had opened a bar of soap while I was sitting there and tossed the box.
So tired, I momentarily passed out, which means I dropped the soap and panicked when I woke up by hearing the 'clunk'. It didn't help when, coming out of the haze of sleep I knew I was naked and sitting on a toilet, but I wasn't sure if it was at home or in GenPop  for felony offenders.
That final thought clearly defined 'Prairie Dog'; it scared me SO bad that the peek-a-boo turd sucked right back up into me just like a prairie dog ducking into his hidey hole to avoid predators. This created the instant rejection and expulsion which toilet-washed my butt cheeks and woke me straight up and sent me into the shower.
Here's hoping I can flush this memory permanently.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 8:52am
Thanks for that!  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Accidentally kick a table leg?

The corner of the wood chest at the foot of my bed, as I was vacuuming.

That'll teach me!  No more vacuuming!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:55am
Oh, well then.

You deserved it.

Vacuuming....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 11:43am
LOL
Housework can be hazardous!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm

Thanks for that!  LOL

Confused....yea, but MY DREAM! Are you going to cut off your toes? Please?Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 197>
  Share Topic