Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:45pm
Why would anyone live in an earthquake-prone area?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:05pm
Why would anyone live in a flood prone area?

Or a tornado prone area?

Or a hurricane prone area?

Or a blizzard prone area?

Or a wildfire prone area?

Or a mudslide prone area?

Just about every area of the country is prone to one kind of natural disaster or another.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:29pm
No no no...you're just trying to justify the existence of the roaming free mentally-unstable who flock to their natural boundaries and limits.
Please don't group the rest of us in that bucket until your middle name is Jeezus. or you show me your driver's license which proves you are his daddy, who rests on the seventh day.
Wacko
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

No no no...you're just trying to justify the existence of the roaming free mentally-unstable who flock to their natural boundaries and limits.
Please don't group the rest of us in that bucket until your middle name is Jeezus. or you show me your driver's license which proves you are his daddy, who rests on the seventh day.

Wacko

No problem...

...any other requests...

...my son?
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wacko

No problem...

...any other requests...

...my son?
LOLThat is simply PRICELESS!
Image result for excited little girl photo<<<---Not PaW, but just as excited!LOL

LOLClapWink
I BELIEVE you! Now can we please go to this park where we can all watch you 'Walk On Water'?
PleaseOhPleaseOhPlease???!!!
These Chinese tourists sparked a safety alert after standing on a rusty metal raft feeding meat to CROCODILES.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 8:45pm
Just finished "mowing" the lawn. I put mowing in quotation marks because I don't actually mow it in the traditional sense, i.e. using a regular lawn mower.

I do the entire (front) yard with a Stihl electric string trimmer just like this one (but with the orange guard plate removed).

If I really hurry, I can do the entire front lawn in about the same amount of time as if I was using the mower. But I usually just take my time. Makes the whole thing more enjoyable, if cutting your grass can be enjoyable.

Besides, I hate pushing a lawn mower anyway. Hurts my lower back and it's a lot more physically strenuous all the way around.

I haven't used my gas mower in a couple of years now.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:07am
I mowed the front lawn yesterday, too.  Regular mower, front-wheel drive.  Did some trimming with scissors.  My bro has a gas-powered trimmer, but it's cumbersome and gets heavy after awhile.  Didn't have that much to do, anyway.

I like cutting the grass.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:39pm
Got some yellow watermelon at the Shop-Rite.  Deeee-licious.  Every bit as good as the red, but with the yellow, you can eat into the rind.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:08pm
Never tried that.

I wonder if the health benefits are the same.

Red and darker color fruits are supposed to contain more anti oxidants and flavinoids that have lots of positive health effects.

I've been eating a lot of strawberries lately. Supposed to be very good for lowering blood pressure.

Two bucks a pound at Walmart.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:25pm
From some website:

Yellow vs. Red

While yellow watermelon makes a healthy addition to your diet, it's important to note the slight difference in nutrition between the yellow and red varieties. Yellow watermelon is a good source of beta carotene and red watermelon is a good source of lycopene. Beta carotene and lycopene are provitamin A carotenoids found in plants. The body is able to convert beta carotene to vitamin A in the body, but is not able to convert lycopene. Both beta carotene and lycopene are antioxidants, and may provide protection against cancer and eye disease.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:30pm

I've been eating a lot of strawberries lately. Supposed to be very good for lowering blood pressure.

Two bucks a pound at Walmart.

Just being at Walmart raises my blood pressure.  So if I was to shop there for strawberries, any lowering of my blood pressure would be offset by the increased blood pressure from the extra time spent there.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

From some website:

Yellow vs. Red

While yellow watermelon makes a healthy addition to your diet, it's important to note the slight difference in nutrition between the yellow and red varieties. Yellow watermelon is a good source of beta carotene and red watermelon is a good source of lycopene. Beta carotene and lycopene are provitamin A carotenoids found in plants. The body is able to convert beta carotene to vitamin A in the body, but is not able to convert lycopene. Both beta carotene and lycopene are antioxidants, and may provide protection against cancer and eye disease.

Guess it's best to get both.

Plus, the red and yellow looks cool together.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:50am
Aldi sometimes has strawberries cheap (found'em for 89 cents/lb once) but you have to watch out for moldy ones (probably why they go on sale... ;-)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:49pm
Mmmmm, Melons!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:13pm
How do you spell relief?

I SPELL it the usual way, but I DEFINE it as when that kidney stone that had you pain and misery for several hours, finally passes.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:19pm
Kidney stones? The wife had a serious case. We didn't have sex for months.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:01pm

How do you spell relief?

I SPELL it the usual way, but I DEFINE it as when that kidney stone that had you pain and misery for several hours, finally passes.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yikes.  Never had one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How do you spell relief?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yikes.  Never had one.

You DON'T want one either!!!!

Feels like exactly what it is... a small, jagged stone slowly and torturously working its way through a narrow passageway that runs through your kidney.

Fortunately, I've never had a really large one.

I've had about three over the past 15 years or so.

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 3:30am
Is it just me, or did these lines:

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and ascend.
The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within.

suddenly appear at the bottom of the main page?  I never noticed anything until just today.
I have 168 characters remaining.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 4:49am
Yes, and it's presence attracted people from another forum, too. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:06am
F*ck Independence Day.  I used to love it, but now, I just resent that we won that war. 
I've gotta work.  AngryLOL

Wednesday night, the Gov approved the sale of sparklers in NJ.  I knew yesterday that I was going to get a shipment of them today from TNT.  Turns out it wasn't just sparklers.  It was the sort of fireworks that TNT and Phantom sells in many states...from stands in just about every strip mall parking lot.  Okay, they're basically sparklers, but they're elaborate ones.  Got about $8,000 worth.  The delivery happened so quickly that they didn't even have a purchase order # to give me.  I had to call TNT to get it.  I got it out to the floor in about an hour and a half.

Here's my favorite grand finale, Delirium ($50 for about 2 minutes of sparkle):

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:21am
You'd have to be suffering from delirium to waste fifty bucks on that.

Think of all the weed you could've bought.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:26am
Tried some yellow watermelon last night.

One of the attendants where my mom is was talking about it so I mentioned that I had just been talking about it with someone online a day earlier.

She had a plastic tub of it cut into chunks, so she gave me a couple.

Tasted like sweet rind.

Pretty good!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:33am
Glad you liked it.

They don't get it very often at my supermarket, so I got some more.  Besides, the usual red stuff didn't look that good.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:35am
It was good, but I think I still prefer the red.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 197>
  Share Topic