Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

In case anyone's wondering where I've been the past...dunno how long... Just over a week?

My internet went down after some intensive cleaning (got last-minute news family was visiting and this turned into 3 days of crazy-insane cleaning and renting of rug-doctors, and similar mayhem.) Dish offered little help outside of saying they'll send a technician to check the outside wires after the "turning it off and on again" stuff didn't work.

Technician never came, had to reschedule to to-day, and after about 3 hours of figuring out stuff, it turns out it was the smallest of problems....I connected the wrong power supply.

my speakers, telephone, and modem all have the same power jack connector, but the phone requires a 5V supply, while the modem requires a 12V. These had gotten inverted, and caused the issue. Even though the modem could turn on, it didn't have enough power to receive or send out the information, so it just gave me a red DSL light.

I've henceforth decided that cleaning is evil, and I shall never do it again.

Also, Clara gave birth to her babes. As far as I can tell it's 3 girls, 1 boy.
Yeah! I kinda thought you would ring in on the Kim Davis thread.
It's a huge loss when the internet goes down here, I lost it for 3 days when I switched service providers.
Anyway, welcome back.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Also, Clara gave birth to her babes. As far as I can tell it's 3 girls, 1 boy.

Please have her fixed soon!!!!

And keep her inside until then, as she can get pregnant again, almost immediately.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 7:40pm
Already set up the appointment.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 8:57pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 12:15pm
Leah, the overzealous watchdog, is laying on our bed and barking at the fishermen.
I just stripped the sheets off of the bed and started the washing machine.
Mama is home with us this morning but she has to work tomorrow.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 1:12pm
I saw this article last week while reading Popular Science. I want to buy one when they have been out for a year or two after any bugs are worked out. Even the better half is interested because it would give us almost total freedom to travel anywhere. There are tons of articles about this, but I'm only going to post the one that sparked my interest and the company website. 

Popular Science:

Company website:

Thumbs Up
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I saw this article last week while reading Popular Science. I want to buy one when they have been out for a year or two after any bugs are worked out. Even the better half is interested because it would give us almost total freedom to travel anywhere. There are tons of articles about this, but I'm only going to post the one that sparked my interest and the company website. 

Popular Science:

Company website:

Thumbs Up

Pretty cool, but they didn't mention the price tag, which I'm guessing is about as much as a small house?

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 2:07pm
I noticed that too. They are just starting production on the consumer models. I do know that they plan to offer several models. Bigger units, trailers and a few others. Of course, I think that even the small one will be expensive to start, but it will decrease in price as they sell more. Me, I'd weigh the difference in what I pay for rent and the freedom to travel almost self sustainably and the price. We're paying around  $8400 a year for rent for a small one bedroom apartment with annoying neighbors. I always said that I wanted a little cabin in the woods, or when I was single that I would be happy in a cave. This beats both of those. It will be interesting to see what happens with it.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:01pm

I just read that the median price for a one-bedroom in San Francisco is nearly $3,500.   A cheaper one they showed in their pictorial was only $3,050/mo, but it was only 550 square feet.

Yikes!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:08pm
Leah has gone from being the demon child, early this morning, to the cute, big old dog we know and love.
She must have found the scent of a mouse around the tractor, she was relentless and pulling her inside almost made me fall down.
I pushed the tractor outside, just before the deluge, hoping the critter would run for cover and give the dog a chance to do her business.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 7:44pm
The lawn was really wet, but I mowed it anyway.

I have an old pair of tennis shoes I use for yard work.
That's my 45 minute walk, I was sweating even with the cooler temperatures.

It looks better, the area where the trees suck all of the moisture out of the ground, I planted seed there, I'm actually seeing some new seed growth.

I have some fresh sweet corn, some potato wedges for mama.
Some good, yummy food time coming up.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:19pm
Just watched Kingsman The Secret Service.

Pretty good flick. Thumbs Up
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:05am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I noticed that too. They are just starting production on the consumer models. I do know that they plan to offer several models. Bigger units, trailers and a few others. Of course, I think that even the small one will be expensive to start, but it will decrease in price as they sell more. Me, I'd weigh the difference in what I pay for rent and the freedom to travel almost self sustainably and the price. We're paying around  $8400 a year for rent for a small one bedroom apartment with annoying neighbors. I always said that I wanted a little cabin in the woods, or when I was single that I would be happy in a cave. This beats both of those. It will be interesting to see what happens with it.

There was actually something in the FAQ section that addressed the price.

It said they would release price information and start taking pre-orders in the last quarter of 2015.

http://www.ecocapsule.sk/faq

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:16pm
We have a local newspaper that comes out on Thursday mornings.

My next door neighbors place was voted the most beautiful yard in town by the Kiwanis Club.
They have an awesome deck with lots of potted plants and flowers.

I've noticed he is mowing just about everyday.

I'll have to yell out a good congratulations, when I see him today.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:43pm
Geez, talk about pressure!!!
Living next door to the most beautiful yard in town...
It would be like dating one of George Clooney's ex girlfriends.
Or having your best friend married to Heidi Klum.
How do you compete with something like that???
I'd have to move.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:54pm
^LOL

I don't try to compete, I don't want to work that hard.

I do try to keep things cut and trimmed.
The neighbors homes on both sides are 2 story, much more attractive homes than ours.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 6:34pm
You should sneak over there in the middle of the night and plant one dandelion.

That smug bastard.

Who cares what a bunch of Kiwis think anyway.

They're just birds...

Or fruit.

You know a kiwi is related to a banana?

Oatmeal.

That concludes this random thought.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:10pm
They are good people, everyone is pretty nice around here.
Just one family, with teenage boys, that are always making noise.

I got to say congratulations and he said he didn't think they deserved first prize, but they will take it.
We have a contentious legal battle going on with the city and FEMA as we speak.
It makes me care a little less about how things look, they have risen above that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:27pm
So, what, if anything did he win?

Walmart gift card maybe?

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:28pm
I got the second Musclebox yesterday. It's a fun little once-monthly box that comes with all kinds of fun stuff such as supplements, clothes, equipment, workout programmes etc. All for $29 ($24 for me 'cause of a coupon). I just put together a bulking routine that'll last from now until December. I made it using the big routine I got with my first musclebox (the backbone of this long experiment), and the two routines I got this month.

The main routine is chest-focused with additional focus on back (for balance and prevention of health problems related to muscle-imbalance), and the additional routines are for arms with a little weighted ab work since the main routine has wednesday as a rest day, and I don't like that. (haha). This means my leg work - my favourite stuff - is being reduced to once a week, but my upper body is lacking compared to them, so this ends up being okay.

Other than that, there's just the kittens (doing well, eyes still haven't opened) and my digital photography class that are interesting elements in my life. The photography class is fun, and it gave me an excuse to upgrade my ancient A100 to an A58k
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

So, what, if anything did he win?

Walmart gift card maybe?

I doubt there was any monetary prize, just the good feeling that might come from being recognized in the local paper.
We should all enjoy things that are pleasing to the eye.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You should sneak over there in the middle of the night and plant one dandelion.

That smug bastard.

Who cares what a bunch of Kiwis think anyway.

They're just birds...

Or fruit.

You know a kiwi is related to a banana?

Oatmeal.

That concludes this random thought.
And Bananas are sterile...so screw them.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:46pm

Did I post, in the chocolate banana thread, by mistake?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 11:39am
I kinda figured that this should go here, ya know, Rick and all. Lol

Who won? You decide..Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 7:32pm
I've been pretty busy today getting ready for the grandson, he'll be here in a couple of hours.

I had a list of nine things I needed to get this morning at the grocery store.
I've done this before, I forgot my list, but I did good and only messed up the cereal brand name.
That was something the wife added, if I write it down myself its a pretty good bet I will remember it.

Some heavy showers last night about 10pm, the dog was hiding under mama's desk.
Not bad now, cooler 70°, I've commited that to memory.
I still have the air on for air quality and it's still kinda humid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 197>
  Share Topic