Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

How did your boy do? I hope all went well.

On, thanks for asking. I came here just to post about that.

He came through it like a trooper. Didn't howl or yowl during the car ride over there or make a fuss at all. Aside from having a little "accident" in his pet carrier, he was perfect.

There is a big mall right across the street from the animal services complex, so rather than drive all the way home, then have to drive all the way back, I hung around down there all morning after I got him checked in.

Went to McDonald's for breakfast, then went to a Super Target next door & poked around. Got a small Coke at the snack bar & refilled it about 5 times, then went back to the mall, walked around, hung out in the food court. Went to the Ikea store next to the mall prior to going back to McD's for lunch, then went to a nearby Home Depot.

The pickup time was 3pm, but around 1:30 I was tired of walking around in stores. I figured if I was going to just sit in the car, I might as well just go back to animal services & sit.

Around 2pm or so I went into the waiting room & sat down. After a few minutes, one of the ladies behind the counter asked if she could help me & I told her my cat was there & that I just thought I'd check on him.

Turned out he was doing well enough that they let me take him home early, so I was out of there by just a little after 2. Got him home about a quarter to 3.

He wasn't groggy or wobbly or anything. Actually, he seemed to be hyper alert, like he was on uppers or something. I put him in front of the front window & after giving himself a very long & thorough tongue bath, he just laid there, head & ears perked up looking at every little thing that moved outside for the rest of the day & late into the night.

I think he thought I was getting rid of him or that I had punished him for something. Or both.

Poor little fella. He's comfy & happy again now, though.

Oh yeah, the night before I figured since he was getting them removed, I'd take a last picture of his nuts.

Glad to hear that things went good with the little guy. Thumbs Up
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't understand computers. I'm using my bro's computer. He's got Windows 7.

Anyway, when I go to use his computer, I hit an Internet Explorer icon, type the CIH url into a Google address bar, and when I look at "Active Users" here on CIH, I see I'm using "Windows 7/Mozilla.

Where'd the Mozilla come from?

This is a total guess, and I'm only making this guess because of another browser that I've used, Camino, uses Mozilla's engine (if engine is the  right word here) and shows up as Mozilla. It's possible that IE is using Mozilla code or something close enough that things like this site recognize it as Mozilla.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 11:18am
Yeah, I see others asking the same question on-line.

Darth, that answer sounds as good as any. Thanks.

I guess I'll live with it for now. In the meantime, I can't post smileys or direct links to articles. Neither can I place two spaces between sentences. I didn't have these problems with Google Chrome. I did, however, have all sorts of little problems back when I was using IE on my own computer.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:10pm
I got the lawn mowed, even did the trimming.  I'm sitting here in my own stink.

I keep getting this damned sales pitch for an Extended Warranty for my truck.

They try to deceive those who are naive, that's the way I see it.
Real official looking, but full of BS.

MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION
Vehicle Document Alert Notice
Personal & Confidential

IMMEDIATE RESPONSE TO THIS NOTICE REQUIRED

Blah, blah, blah.

No other notices will be sent for this offer.... My thoughts,   PROMISE???

There is not even a clue on pricing.

I'm in an ornery mood today so I thought I would call to see what kind of sham they are running.

I was ready to give up after about 90 seconds of muzak.

Oh, oh there he is. Yes I am fine sir.
They already know the year, make and model, and my name. He wanted to know how many miles it had on it.
He tried to get into this small talk sh*t and I just said, how much is it?
Oh well I would definitely recommend the premium coverage,   I'm going to put you on hold,  I say wait a minute, Im going on hold again?
I had had enough and I said don't waste your time man and hung up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 4:52pm
I found a phishing scam email in my spam folder the other day. Claimed it was from my bank. Told me to d/l attached files & provide info. Said my online account access would be blocked or restricted until i replied. Was concerned enough that I called my bank & reported it. Upon closer inspection of the contents of my spam folder, it turns out I had gotten about four others since the beginning of July. That spam filter on my email really does it's job!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 6:57pm
The wife lost her debit card, I'm not sure how long ago but she told me about it a week ago.
 No bogus charges but no phone calls regarding a lost card either.
They charged us 10 bucks for a new card and naturally they changed the card number and canceled the old card.
I have a debit card on the same account, but is uses a different card number.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 2:41pm
I stopped using my debit card about two years or so ago.

Too damned risky.

Now I use my Discover card for everything. Pay the bill online once a month & get cash back rewards.

Speaking of which, I really ought to find something to spend it on. I think I've got about 25 or 30 bucks built up.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 3:09pm

Some friends of mine have all sorts of weird quirks with their email accounts. Everyone in the family has access to each other's emails, they all (including the adolescent kids) buy stuff off of this website and that website, the kids are always on all the computers and tablets and cellphones, etc. Now, they're getting phishing emails from "Amazon". The parents recognize scams when they see them, but I'm not sure the kids do. I can see the 14 y/o son replying to such emails. He's pretty tech-savvy, but not street-smart enough yet at his age. I think they're asking for trouble.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:13pm
The boat broke down, had to call a taxi. All of our friends are working.

I still have to go get it with the trailer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 9:05pm
There is nothing worse than being stranded, I noticed something wasn't quite right.

We have heavy winds today out of the west, small craft warnings.
Everything was fine, then the engine started running rough.
Thankfully, we were close to a town and a landing and a bar.

It's on the trailer in the driveway, I think it's a fuel related problem.
I'll change the filter, I can give the engine water to test it out of the water, I was just bragging to the wife what a great boat this has been.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 9:29pm
I once heard somebody say... "The two happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys it & the day he sells it".

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

In the meantime, I can't post smileys or direct links to articles.  Neither can I place two spaces between sentences. I didn't have these problems with Google Chrome. I did, however, have all sorts of little problems back when I was using IE on my own computer.

OS System might be set on text only instead of full rich? 

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:32am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Absolutely disgusting! Burning your own house on purpose, hoping to end your money problems, and inadvertently killing your innocent neighbors in the process! Pure trash, complete filth, and utter scum! What Bitches!
Your responces are so genuine, why is it that they carry no weight?

Ron, it's because of who is saying it. Since I have been known as a bit of a joke, it is seen as carrying very little weight. If Nite Raidah, Musicman, Thor, Darth Hillbilly, Jimbo, Pawolf, Madawee, You, Sg, Snes, Brian, Cannibal, Ad Nauseous, Nathan, Peach Blossom, 8 More Days, etc, had written the same comment, it would have carried a lot of weight, since those posters are seen as reputable, responsible, normal, mature, serious posters.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:42am
Thanks Captain Obvious.

Oh, and leave me out of your dead subject resurrection rituals, please.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I once heard somebody say... "The two happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys it & the day he sells it".

It does help when you buy it new, no real problems in 9 years.

The fuel filter is just a spin-on like an oil filter, I'll pull a couple spark plugs and see if it's running lean or rich. It's the original Volvo Penta part. I'm pretty sure it's a Chevy 4.3 L.
The NAPA guy can cross reference the part number. They don't open for an hour yet.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:26pm
I don't want to shoot my mouth off but I think I found the problem, it's too early to start the engine.
The exhaust is usually under water so it's kinda loud on the trailer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:29pm
The air filter was a mess, not the typical paper element, boats have a flame arresting metal filter that you clean and reuse.
The plugs are burning clean and lean, I found a second fuel filter on the parts list.
I've read about possible failures of the electric fuel pump.
I pulled the cap and rotor, a lot of corrosion inside the distributor cap.
I scraped and cleaned that, still runs like crap.
I called NAPA, they have the cap and rotor in stock. I'll get spark plugs, both fuel filters and the cap and rotor and see where I stand. I can test the fuel pump in the mean time, that will show the performance of the primary fuel filter as well.
It's electronic ignition so it could be an internal distributor part or even the ignition computer.
So I'm really just buying maintenance parts at this time.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 5:05pm
I had to go out a little earlier, I thought go ahead and get something for supper later on.
Some fried chicken and potato salad. And here's the best part.

Big smileFRESH SWEET CORNBig smile
I can't wait, I want to eat it now.
I buy 1/4 sticks of real butter, peel the paper back and rub it on the hot ear, a light yet even sprinkle of salt.  OMG!!!   It's like a party in my mouth.
I have to wait for mama.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:44pm

My bro and I spent much of the past 3 days detailing my car. It looks great, especially after having not even been washed since March and then being transported 3,000 miles. It's 14 years old, but at a glance looks showroom new. If you look close, there's a few fine scratches, and chips on the door molding. The seats are also coming apart at the seams. Maybe I'll get some seat covers. I also need a new stereo. My player's fine (so the radio and cassette work), but my in-dash CD changer (separate device) is all messed up.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 10:05am
Aaargh! The cat is all "hopped"up again. I wish they followed a more human cycle of once a month. She does have an appointment coming up..All she does is meow/scream at the door that leads to the hallway. I can hear it when I come home as soon as I come through the front door of the building, which is on the ground floor. We're on the third, with an extra door in between. We have good neighbors, I guess. Of course, they let their kids run up and down the halls screaming, and almost none of them speak english, but they don't complain. I don't complain about their kids, they don't complain about the cat. I dunno. Can't wait until she's fixed.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 7:10pm
I'm trying to figure out of Clara's preggers or not. A lot of the recent reports I've read said it's better to let them go through pregnancy once or twice before fixing them.

anyway, it's been a long time since her last heat, so she's definitely "missed" her period. As to whether or not the baby bump is developing, I can't tell.

In other news, I've dropped from about 171 to 163, and I don't want to dip any lower, so I'm switching to a lean bulk. Woohoo, 2700-3000 calories a day! :D and more high-volume workouts, which I've always enjoyed.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou<strong> Papa Lazarou wrote:

I'm trying to figure out of Clara's preggers or not. A lot of the recent reports e read said it's better to let them go through pregnancy once or twice before fixing them.

anyway, it's been a long time since her last heat, so she's definitely "missed" her period. As to whether or not the baby bump is developing, I can't tell.

In other news, I've dropped from about 171 to 163, and I don't want to dip any lower, so I'm switching to a lean bulk. Woohoo, 2700-3000 calories a day! :D and more high-volume workouts, which I've always enjoyed.
I take it she is a 'free range' kitty?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 7:26pm
The AfgyWolf (my oldest, war-weary son) has come up with another of his grand ideas as he thinks I spend too much money renting cars. He says when I come HIS direction, I should first pick up a used car from the local police auto auction and bring it to him for resale ( "...but ya got to get it out of state really quick 'cause if you get the wrong drug dealer's car, you'll probably get shot & killed by one of his associates, Dad..." ).
I love all our children, but I'm taking him out of the will, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I'm trying to figure out of Clara's preggers or not. A lot of the recent reports I've read said it's better to let them go through pregnancy once or twice before fixing them.

Never heard that before.

One way or another, it results in unwanted kittens that need to be disposed of.

Please get her fixed.

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 8:39pm
I've already got friends who want the kittens, and we managed to find a male for her that's good-looking. After this pregnancy we're getting her fixed.

She's demi-free range, mainly because of those few weeks where she was lost somewhere in town, she just can't get back into being totally house-bound now.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 197>
  Share Topic