Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 1:32am
I blame the quietness around here on the adtards. The "rerun mode" everyone seems to be on by resurrecting 2014 commercials leaves us with fewer new things to chime in about.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Some girl had a disagreement with someone over the color of a dress in a picture, so she tweeted for help in determining what the real color was. 

Some saw it as blue & black while others saw it as white & gold.

It blew up & went viral with something like 30 million responses.

Ermm

They said on the news that it had something to do with the exposure of the pic different people were looking at, but that makes no sense because it's the same digital pic.

Probably the different screen settings of different computers/tablets/phones.

It looks like it's somewhat reflective, too.

I remember iridescent clothes in the mid-60s.  From one angle, it'd be maroon.  From another angle, it'd be green or something.  Then there were those flip-flop paintjobs that people were having done to their cars not too long ago.  I saw one that was actually kinda freaky.

Whatever...the dress is kind of ugly.  

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 2:31am
Ugly nonetheless.  And probably like $5000+.. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 2:51am
The pic on the far right is the actual color of the dress.

Blue & black.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 4:58am
That must be a display mannequin, unless she has no arms...  Shocked
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 5:01am
Looks sort of like that, but on the news, they showed a pic of a model wearing the dress.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 1:50pm

Kinda related:

Ever notice how your eyes have a hard time processing these two colors at the same time?  They kinda flicker back and forth for me.  

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 5:44pm
If I say I see yellow and green you think we could go viral?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 5:56pm
I only see unfocused objects and black and white.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The pic on the far right is the actual color of the dress.

Blue & black.

It's high noon on a Saturday.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Kinda related:

Ever notice how your eyes have a hard time processing these two colors at the same time?  They kinda flicker back and forth for me.  

Weird thing is even though they're all red and blue the far left one looks orangish!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 6:29pm

^  Yeah, I noticed that, too!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 6:32pm
It is dead around here.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 7:48pm
Mwahahaha! I'm the necroposter who posts at dead time!

Evil Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 7:51pm
Darth, you should call Hootman, tell him to get his ass back on the forum.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 10:47pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:14pm

^  I dunno.  3 pages in less than a day and a half is a pretty good.  

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:21pm
Yep, usually we need a certain old married couple to get into a political argument to get anything to 3 pages in that amount of time.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:24pm
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Yep, usually we need a certain old married couple to get into a political argument to get anything to 3 pages in that amount of time.

Jimbo's the wife.  Keeps me on my toes, that old gal.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 11:40pm
LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 12:34am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Darth, you should call Hootman, tell him to get his ass back on the forum.

I think Hootman was before my time.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 12:42am
I agree with Thor. I clicked on this thread to post virtually what Thor said. This thread is not dead. It has already gotten replies that are in the 70s, despite having started just yesterday. That is a huge ass success.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 5:16pm
Here we have Dr. Squirril and Professor Feather talking about the menu.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:41pm
So the wife listens to this radio station called 105.5 wjyy that plays a mix of music. Rock, rap, pop, etc. Always seems to have more rap\ hip hop on though. I always tease her about it because I hate rap and hip hop. So I  got  to thinking of what sounds I could hear and have it be less painful to listen to. I finally came to the startling revelation that I would rather listen to the sounds of my bones slowly being broken. At least then there would actually be an instrument being played, even if it is me... 

undefined

Improvement, no?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 197>
  Share Topic