Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sears- When Life Happens (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sears- When Life Happens (video)
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:49pm
If I was the adult in charge of this Ritalin child, he would be facing some serious timeout time.
Not only that, I'll bet someday, some kid out there is going to try this stunt.
Better sign up for the home warranty too.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 9:35pm
That kid is oblivious to his actions. No video games for him.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:17pm

There's a price to pay when you dress your kids up in superhero costumes and allow them to run wild in the house.  In this case, I'll bet it's $150-200.  Repairmen and parts aren't cheap.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:54pm
Forget the timeout. The brat's butt would be worked over with a genuine leather Craftsman belt. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:25pm

...and then be made to sit in a cage staring at air for a week.

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 12:49am
It's the parents' fault for letting the kid run around in a caped crusader outfit to go to a store in the first place.  "There's a time and place for everything."  Parents don't know how to tell the kids that anymore.  When I was growing up, it was "No running in the house!"  We weren't allowed to wear costumes outside of Halloween or plays and such either.  Dress up was for at home, not the department store.

Ugh!
OperatorStandingBy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OperatorStandingBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 2:23am
I tell you what, I would've been wore out for doing something like that!

It's not cute.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 2:32am
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

It's the parents' fault for letting the kid run around in a caped crusader outfit to go to a store in the first place.  "There's a time and place for everything."  Parents don't know how to tell the kids that anymore.  When I was growing up, it was "No running in the house!"  We weren't allowed to wear costumes outside of Halloween or plays and such either.  Dress up was for at home, not the department store.

Ugh!

I remember actually having to clean up and put decent clothes on to go shopping (or anywhere) with my parents.  Not a shirt/tie, but no jeans/t-shirt either.  Of course, they looked nice when they went out, too.  Nowadays, with adults wearing logo t-shirts and cargo pants wherever and whenever, parents don't really have any authority to make their kids dress up.  Then there's the parents with full-sleeve tattoos and tramp stamps.  How do they have the authority it takes to demand their kids dress appropriately?  And with parents who still watch cartoons, play video games, get tattoos, listen to the same music as their kids do, smoke pot, side with their kids in disputes with teachers, etc, they've surrendered the authority they once had.

Oh, well.  Different times, I guess.

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 2:59am
^ Same here.  And never a hat indoors - nobody did it.

Last time I went to a Japanese teppanyaki steakhouse there was a family of five and every one of them had their nose in a cell phone.  I was thinking "What's the point?"

MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 3:40am
sears is still in business? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 3:48am
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

Thankfully, yes.  

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 4:38am
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Ugh!

They're afraid that their kids won't like them, and they think that setting rules will stifle their precious one's creativity.  
I didn't always like my parents but I loved and respected them, and I'm grateful that they raised me the way they did.  
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by purple rose purple rose wrote:

They're afraid that their kids won't like them, and they think that setting rules will stifle their precious one's creativity.

Exactly right!  Clap

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

I believe JC Penny will fold before Sears.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 6:52pm
That brat is spoiled! If I broke an appliance, I'd be grounded!

It seems they make kids more spoiled and rotten because we can't even say no to them!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
potofgold View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote potofgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:34am
The thing that drives me crazy about this one is that after the dishwasher he broke is repaired, 'Mom' just tousles his hair and gives him this 'oh you little scamp' look.
Who the hell are these ad writers that think rude and misbehaving kids are cute?!
If I had just broke the dishwasher door off by using it as a launch pad, not only would I have been grounded but my parents would have taken away my allowance and made me hand wash the dishes for the rest of the year - even after the dishwasher had been repaired.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by potofgold potofgold wrote:

The thing that drives me crazy about this one is that after the dishwasher he broke is repaired, 'Mom' just tousles his hair and gives him this 'oh you little scamp' look.
Who the hell are these ad writers that think rude and misbehaving kids are cute?!
If I had just broke the dishwasher door off by using it as a launch pad, not only would I have been grounded but my parents would have taken away my allowance and made me hand wash the dishes for the rest of the year - even after the dishwasher had been repaired.

We did not have a dishwasher. I would have had to substitute the oven door. Actually if I had attempted to climb on much less jump on furniture or appliances our poor willow tree would have been forced to donate more switches than it already was!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:53pm
That commercial reminds me of a line from "Fresh Prince" where Will Smith's friend told him how he streaked in Sears when he was a baby...

...are we at the point where we let our kids be wild and do whatever?!Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

Last time I went to a Japanese teppanyaki steakhouse there was a family of five and every one of them had their nose in a cell phone.  I was thinking "What's the point?"

But you must keep a ballcap with you at all times.
Ya never know when you might get lucky, you have to cover up that bedhead stopping for coffe on the way home.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

I remember one story my mom told about my brother to take his hat off and other men had their hats on!

I feel that my generation knew to be respectful...now kids will just do whatever...there's a difference between children and kids...but that's just me.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Actually if I had attempted to climb on much less jump on furniture or appliances our poor willow tree would have been forced to donate more switches than it already was!

Lil' brother & I once played trampoline on our parents bed. He hit his head on the wooden headboard and needed stitches.
Yes, we both got wippings.
No, we never did that again.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 7:44pm
Here's one where the girl acts up by putting crayons in the dryer...someone needs to be grounded!

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Here's one where the girl acts up by putting crayons in the dryer...someone needs to be grounded!

That girl is too old to be pulling stunts like that.  She's just another brat first running around in the Sears store and then putting crayons in the dryer.  I wouldn't be standing by her with a big grin on my face if I was her mother!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:21pm

I'd like to see the saleman lock the brat into one of those Kenmore refrigerators for the sequel "When death happens".

HBSquatchMay2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBSquatchMay2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 6:10am
It's BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!! After about maybe a month or so of being off my TV, it is back with a vengeance. If I had done something like that, my *ss would have been bruised and I would not have been able to sit down for a week after that! And AMEN on all those of you who said today's society is too soft on kids who misbehave. I was thankfully raised old-school and would not have gotten away with half the stuff kids do today to disrespect their parents. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic