Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

America, it's time to FACE THE HOLE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: America, it's time to FACE THE HOLE!!!
    Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 1:49am

They are advertising this new show on coming this fall on Fox called "Hole in the Wall" where people have to jump thru these holes in a styrofoam wall that are shaped like the holes cartoon characters leave when they jump thru a solid wall.... y'know with the outline of their arms & legs etc.?

Apparenty, it's another rip off of another foreign show called "Human Tetris"...

I dunno, this show sounds like it has the potential to be both incredibly boring & incredibly stupid all at the same time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 8:39am
I think if they made this when they first made Double Dare kids would get a kick out of it.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 3:43pm
I used to watch some Japanese game show in which American narration was added in later over the wacky action.  I think it was on Comedy Central.  Pretty funny.  I forget what it was called.

My guess is that if this is the same idea, the Americans would approach the show with a sense of jaded irony, and it would lose its uhhh...charm.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2008 at 8:20pm
Looks like hours  minutes of edge of your seat excitement.Ermm
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 12:33am
This is nothing really, go look up some other Japanese game shows. Some of them are beyond any description.
Hagar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hagar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 6:22pm
That makes it perfectly clear that Hollywood has completely run out of any new ideas.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 7:23pm
Oh, when I saw this title, and noticed Jimbo started it, I thought it was a thread about Paris Hilton!!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
I know, I know Jimbo, you don't care what anyone says, you'd still bang her!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah, can anyone guess how many times I'll be tunig in to watch this dumbassed show???

I have an idea for a good reality show. I'd like to see some Paris Hilton types (those who have never had to work, and had Mummy and Daddy give everything to them) out in the wilderness at an old cabin, or better yet make them build a cabin. They'd have to fish and hunt for their own food, and cut wood to make their own fire. It would be interesting to see how ULTRA environmentalist types would feel about cutting down trees when they are freezing half to death and starving.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I have an idea for a good reality show. I'd like to see some Paris Hilton types (those who have never had to work, and had Mummy and Daddy give everything to them) out in the wilderness at an old cabin, or better yet make them build a cabin. They'd have to fish and hunt for their own food, and cut wood to make their own fire. It would be interesting to see how ULTRA environmentalist types would feel about cutting down trees when they are freezing half to death and starving.

They already have that,on MTV I believe. It's called Exiled. The girls get to live in the jungles of Borneo with actual indigenous tribes. I haven't watched it, though.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2008 at 10:25pm
Oh, I can't stand MTV. You get three minutes of program and ten minutes of commercials. NO THANKS!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Hagar Hagar wrote:

That makes it perfectly clear that Hollywood has completely run out of any new ideas.

They need to go back on strike.Wink
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 4:20am
why does that liquid look suspiciously yellow?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 9:47pm
Because the color of the pool is yellow, AdNauseous.

Anyway "Face the hole" sounds like some Tila Tequila spinoff.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 2:58am
I don't get America's fascination with Japanese game shows. The actual Japanese shows shown on American TV (like Sasuke, better known as "Ninja Warrior" on G4) are people actually trying to complete the task at hand. The Japanese really get into who wins that competition, and yes sometimes they have the lovable oafs that they know will make a face plant the moment they start, the whole show isn't based on that.

Now, America ripped off "Ninja Warrior" and basically made it into the crappy game show "Wipeout" (at least I think it's called that). The show is made to make fun of all the people falling on their asses, its the America's funniest home videos of game shows. This "Face The Hole" is working on the same lame principle, I f*cking hate it. There's even another one called "I survived a Japanese game show" but I haven't seen it. It's got to be equally as bad.

America...... KNOCK IT OFF!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 4:21am
I sometimes like watching The Unbeatablew Banzuke it looks pretty CHALLENGING! I always hope one of them will beat the course, I ain't laughing at them when they fail, I feel bad for them though. wait did I say that? a good game show? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!Shocked
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2008 at 4:55am
Unbeatable Banzuke is amazing, because for the most part, it IS unbeatable. In America that show would be for comedic value, "haha look that guy can't unicycle over a tiny bridge while going through a gauntlet of foam hammers!" In Japan it's a little more serious. I mean come on, those challenges are amazing! I doubt I could do any of them except maybe the domino walk.
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They are advertising this new show on coming this fall on Fox called "Hole in the Wall" where people have to jump thru these holes in a styrofoam wall that are shaped like the holes cartoon characters leave when they jump thru a solid wall.... y'know with the outline of their arms & legs etc.?

Apparenty, it's another rip off of another foreign show called "Human Tetris"...

I dunno, this show sounds like it has the potential to be both incredibly boring & incredibly stupid all at the same time.

The holes in the wall aren't the only holes involved in bringing this to us.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 3:55am
No fair they don't have holes for the hands. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 5:23am
They should have cut outs for the individual fingers.

Miss one finger & you're outta there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 5:58am
Did they cancel this dumb show yet?DeadDeadDead
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2008 at 2:14am
there's an easy way around this game just go AROUND the wall and avoid the stupid holes altogether. Sure it's cheating but it's better than making a total fool of yourself on national TV.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic