Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprint Unlimited 'Narwhals' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprint Unlimited 'Narwhals' (video)
    Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:40pm
Please PLEASE bring back 'The Frambly' (bring back Gor-DON for PapaL)...anything but more of this inane drivel
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:44pm
Hah!  Beat you by a minute PaW....LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:50pm
...but you didn't have the raw video and you spelled 'Narwhals' wrong, so I win!Big smileLOLWink
(I don't think I've ever seen a commercial play for the first time and there be such a collision starting a thread)
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 6:04pm
This actually makes me miss the pin drop commercials with Candice Bergen.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 6:16pm
Thanks Ad N.
The 'Narwhales' must be some mythical uni-sharky thing. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 6:54pm
Actually they do exist, I've seen pictures of them and no I'm not talking about this animation.

Wait a minute is it Narwals or Norwhales or Narwhals! *breaks brain*
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 7:08pm
LOL
Yeah!  sh*t, that's not exactly a word we were taught in school.
School?   A faint memory.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 7:34pm
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:32pm
"Good luck forgetting that"

Unless, of course, you already watched this video over 5 years ago and already forgot about it in the meantime, right?
FennelCartwright View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennelCartwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 1:21am
It's just lazy. I can picture the approaching deadline for the ad-numskulls in charge of this campaign and the defacto fallback option is LOL MEMEZ!!!! 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 1:48am
The horn Narwhals have are actually a tooth that grows through their face.

No clue what it's purpose is, but males rub them together to bond...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 2:32am
What a stupid commercial. Just saw it during the Sprint Unlimited, expecting the screaming goat again. Makes me miss the pin drop by Candice Bergen. Those were the days.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 2:54am

^No.

These were the days.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 3:17am
^ugh heck no. I don't want to even THINK of remembering the framily, I do NOT miss them! Most irritating and annoying characters of THIS CENTURY!

Ugh just watched it. Good grief you actually LIKED that? Barf!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 3:42am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

What a stupid commercial. Just saw it during the Sprint Unlimited, expecting the screaming goat again. Makes me miss the pin drop by Candice Bergen. Those were the days.

Yeah. I was also assaulted by it. Twice! I would expect something like that from a local used car dealer or furniture store. Come on Sprint. I know you have more than fifty bucks in your marketing budget!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
mechasus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:08pm
Sprint digging up old memes in a desperate attempt to get "with it" and being smarmy, smug jackasses in white text on silver background again...business as usual.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:51pm
What in the world does this Narwhals thing have to do with selling cell phone plans?  All they do is irritate, annoy and repulse potential customers and chide them into having to forget what they just saw?  It makes no mention whatever of the plans benefits or that Sprint is the best choice.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:26pm
I'm pretty shocked that a Weebl's Stuff animation made it into mainstream advertising. Most of the stuff on the site has been taken down, so maybe Sprint picked this up at some sort of going out of business sale.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 2:13pm
Isn't the Narwhales thing like 5 years old or something like that? Can't they find a more current meme if they feel obligated to go that route?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 3:58am
Sprint, you've hit a new low! These things in this abortion look like Unicorn limpet hybrid fetuses! Also reminds me of Beanie And Cecil. (from early 60's) This one may be bucking for a worst of 2015. 

And here is this awful piece of sh*t
The singing sounds like some drunk druggy rock douche wannabes croaking as they take it anally. Was never a fan of Sprint. (personal poor service)
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 2:48pm
Now I'm curious what was the other videos on Weebl's site. Were they just as annoying? Were they explicit? Were they more entertaining? Dang it man I need to know!!!!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 4:45pm
Most were pretty annoying, but I don't remember anything explicit. Some of the "On The Moon" toons were kinda funny, but the site is riddled with broken links and deleted videos now.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Now I'm curious what was the other videos on Weebl's site. Were they just as annoying? Were they explicit? Were they more entertaining? Dang it man I need to know!!!!

Their most famous video and the one that put them on the map was "Badgers" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

They've never really updated their style since, EVERY song of theirs sounded the same, I'm not surprised they seemingly dried up and we haven't heard much of them for a long time.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:56am
I just saw that crap for the first time. I think it's infinitely forgettable.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Their most famous video and the one that put them on the map was "Badgers" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

They've never really updated their style since, EVERY song of theirs sounded the same, I'm not surprised they seemingly dried up and we haven't heard much of them for a long time.

I'm familiar with that video I guess that what you call "random".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic