Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico Scapegoat - It's what you do (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico Scapegoat - It's what you do (video)
    Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 10:41pm
What the hell??  I caught this gem when I was eating a sandwich at a local Firehouse shop.  Made the sandwich less appetizing.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 1:20am
I'm so sick of the screaming goat meme! Its beyond not funny to me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Me too. I just saw it twice in the last half hour. This commercial, and another in Ally Bank's "no surprises" line of garbage.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 1:40am
Correction, 3 times. Sprint just got me too, and threw in a jackass.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:28pm
*sigh* just when you think commercials can't get more idiotic. (what madness is this?! no facepalm emoticon?) *facepalm* oh well, give it some time and maybe this will appear on trutv after a while, the people will REALLY know how bad it is.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:22pm
Why is it all these advertisers feel the need to have screaming (be it animal or human) in the commercials? Aren't they being obnoxious enough without it?
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:18pm
I hate this one and the sprint one too. Extra loud and annoying. Must have been bring your goat to work day. 

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 12:01am

You know what would be hysterical?
Keep the goat meme, but have it come from Flo's mouth.

...maybe tie on some fake goat ears for effect.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Me too. I just saw it twice in the last half hour. This commercial, and another in Ally Bank's "no surprises" line of garbage.

I think you mean Discover not Ally they replaced the family surprising him for his birthday with a yelling goat. Yeah pretty stupid.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

What the hell??  I caught this gem when I was eating a sandwich at a local Firehouse shop.  Made the sandwich less appetizing.

I like this commercial not because I'm a sick puppy but, because I guess I am a sick puppy. When we were kids I called my sister a dairy goat. Of course our beloved mom took her hand to my bottom. But the dairy goat moniker stuck. Seems like there's a run of goats in commercials. A silver lining in an otherwise cloud of the usual hipster and hip hop ghetto crap. Only thing creepy is seeing the peanut butter ooze out of the machines looks like loose turds on steroids. If you remember the Wonder Years, I was my sister's "Wayne." I always have and still love my sister very much but the Wayne character took some cues from my playbook.
I approve this message.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 3:55pm
It's like they don't even f*cking try. Also, how can this commercial have over 900 "thumbs up" on Youtube and only about 30 "thumbs down?" Are the masses really that easy to please?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

mechasus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:06pm
I think the goats are funny...on their own. When adholes find another trend to lock onto, you know its days are numbered before this goes the way of Gangnam Style and "Epic Fail".
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:11pm
Just wait until Allstate uses it. They'll alternate between it using the deep voice and the scream.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 4:46am
Those ad exec's just aren't using their imagination.

Picture this:
"Six callers ahead of us Jimmy", and then grandma bleats like a goat.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic