Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aspen Dental Commercials!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aspen Dental Commercials!
    Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 5:59pm

This is one of the many Aspen Dental Commercials, but I sooooo hate these damn commercials!

They're a pain in my Aspen Dental!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:08pm
Gag, I hate both very both versions!

So fing stupid!!!!

I wonder what BS they tell themselves that these crap commercials are good for consumers!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:14pm
I've never seen this P.O.S. ad before (just luck or is it a regional company?).  I hate commercials with that quick back & forth banter in both dialogue and camera shots.  That stupid Progressive rapid fire question ad also comes to mind.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 3:22am
I hate Aspen Dental ads. The one mentioned above has stopped airing months ago, but there are two new ones out (no videos that I can find anywhere, however). 

1. A man walks in wanting to know how much it will be for dentures. The twit office clerk spins a "Wheel of Fortune"-like wheel, with people clapping, and lets him know it will be "$200 extra!" False. I've never seen a dental office do this before.
2. A woman asks for a guarantee on her dentures. But then the office clerk focuses her attention to her male employee, who has become the "cooling fan" in the office. He waves his hands and body endlessly as if he's having a seizure. Are you kidding me?! 

F**k off Aspen Dental! We are sick of you! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 1:51pm

Nothing's free except air.  Somehow, these free exams and x-rays will end up costing.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Nothing's free except air.  Somehow, these free exams and x-rays will end up costing.

Don't get your hopes up. My tires had low pressure due to cold temperatures. The warning light was irritating so after refueling I drove around the station to spend 25 cents for air. The vending machine was gone! A few days later I spotted a machine at a different station and pulled in for air. I discovered the price had increased from 25 cents to $1 in 5 years! I mentioned this to the attendant and he just shrugged. I waved my hands at the sky and asked "are we running out"! Actually I would have paid 5 times that to turn the stupid light off.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:26pm

Oh, yeah.  There are 2 gas stations right near me.  One charges $1.  The other one charges a quarter, but all you have to do is go inside and ask them to turn the air on, and they'll turn it on at no charge.  But that station is nice, with a really good convenience store and a separate Starbucks-style coffee concession inside.  There's even a Model A hanging from the ceiling for some damned reason.

edit:  the 'net has everything!  Here's a pic of the Model A:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 7:48pm
^we wanted to see the quarter air pump.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:11am
Air is still free at Wawa and Sheetz ... at least where I am. Other places charge $1 ... in quarters, of course.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 4:15am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Air is still free at Wawa and Sheetz ... at least where I am. Other places charge $1 ... in quarters, of course.

At least I had 5 or 6 quarters in my pocket. When I was working at a "service" station in 1971 not only was the air free. The attendaxxxx would install it for you, even if you did not purchase anything.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 6:59pm
I think den_tal care in the US, over the years, has turned in_to an over-priced insurance scam.  I don't wan_t any X-Rays unless a tooth hurts.  And what good is my den_tal insurance 50% coverage for a crown when that crown costs $1400.?

Lately I just go for a vacation in Mexico and pay $270. for a crown and $37. for a cleaning.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 7:04pm

^  The last time I was at the dentist, some guy came in inquiring about teeth whitening.  They told him he had to get the whole examination/X-ray thing first.  (Why people are so hung up on having such bright teeth is beyond me, but that's another question.)  The guy decided to forego the whole thing.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 5:59pm
Sure has. Parents are paying thousands of dollars on their kids braces. Oral-B's website says just for traditional metal braces, it's $3000-$7000!!! Ceramic ones are even worse. Unless if I had d e n t a l insurance on my child, or had Medicaid/Medicare, there would be no way I could pay $7,000 just to get a child's teeth straight. 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 6:59pm
^^ In my last visit to a US den_tist they even wanted an extra $20 for a mouth cancer screening.  All they did was lift up my tongue and look underneath.  I thought, "Why isn't that 10 second exam included in the overall exam?"

^ After they tell me that a crown costs $1100., I get the written estimate and it shows extra charges for 'preparation', 'core buildup', and 'adhesive', so the cost is actually $1423.  Adhesive??!  They are charging me extra for glue?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic