Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Foods to Never Eat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foods to Never Eat
    Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 1:43am
So I am bringing back the internet ads. Basically, you probably have seen these ads. They are EVERYWHERE. On CIH, even. On some forums I should not mention--just because they are not related to commercials or ads or stuff. So I do NOT have a screen-capture thing so I am not able to take a pic of this. Someone should have a picture though. It has a picture of something like a banana normally, and the banana is drawn and it is a .GIF of the banana yellow and in 4 frames turning black and old. It says on it (I have it on a site right now): "4 Foods to never eat: Cut down a bit of stomach fat everyday by never eating these 4 foods." And a button that looks like if you push it it takes you to a video or some crap, and it says: "Never Eat" next to it. They are everywhere, I tell you. Yes, I get it that there are some foods I should not eat. But I think I know perfectly fine what those are, thanks to blogs and YouTube. And so I do NOT need this ad bothering me wherever I go. Who has seen this? DeadDisapprove
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 2:03am

I've seen that one.  I never click onto those things, though.  I am kinda curious as to why I shouldn't eat old bananas, though.

Shuu Tsukiyama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shuu Tsukiyama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 2:13am
I see all kinds of them... Of course I'll never click them, but wow the images are sometimes really gross. 

Good thing I have Adblock. (I don't use it on here though)
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:19pm
I still use ADBlock but I hardly use it just for some hilarious (sometimes) ads, and new content. I only post in the RadioAds and Internet Ads, hardly the Commercials because I have no CableTV, just Netflix and Hulu
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 5:17pm
I've seen that stupid ad.   This disgusting add keeps popping up!  Dead

Dr. Pimple Popper Has A New Series And I'm Equally Grossed Out And Hyped Up
Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Adsontherun Adsontherun wrote:

I still use ADBlock but I hardly use it just for some hilarious (sometimes) ads, and new content. I only post in the RadioAds and Internet Ads, hardly the Commercials because I have no CableTV, just Netflix and Hulu

I haven't had Cable TV for 11 years (I got rid of it because of the insane numbers of commercials tossed at you, as well as what's on those ads Angry). I use adblock because I don't like it when you logon, then the page goes chug, chug, Chug! because of all the ads they want to show you, NONE of which pique my interest. Dead I enjoy being free from advertising, and with the exception of the fourth Thursday of November, January 1 and the first Sunday in February I don't need to be in front of a TV at a certain time to see what I want.

PS. The first Sunday in February is the only day of the year I look forward to seeing commercials on TV! WackoShockedLOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 4:54am
I've sometimes bought too many bananas and by the time of getting to the last of them, some of them have turned black and even fermented inside.  I still ate them.  Eff such stupid ads.  I'll eat whatever the hell I want... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:34am
I think those ads are examples of what they call "clickbait".

You click on them and they take you to a page that tells you they're going to tell you about something, then you have to click something to continue.

The next page is more tap dancing around the issue with another instruction to click something to continue.

The next thing you know, you've clicked through ten or twenty web pages just to find out some semi useful at best info, but every page you clicked on had advertising on it, which probably generated ad revenue for the producer of the link and subsequently visited pages.

Rip off bullsh*t like everything else nowadays.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:44am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I've sometimes bought too many bananas and by the time of getting to the last of them, some of them have turned black and even fermented inside.  I still ate them.  Eff such stupid ads.  I'll eat whatever the hell I want... 
Ditto.
And, like MrT mentions, I even look for fermenting tea (mainly green) substances in kombucha, which works as a farm for SCOBY probiotics.  Knowing what to eat together can cause amazing bodily function reactions. For example, enjoy the kombucha, which is naturally carbonated & fizzy, wait a few hours, drink a highly-caffeinated yogurt drink, wait another hour to 'pull the trigger', which is done by drinking a glass sauerkraut juice, but be next to the toilet when you do this. You will go on an all-night colon cleanse, worth every minute of the great sleep you will get and how good you will feel in the morning - as long as you wake up for potty time!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:48am
Originally posted by ILUVTOMH77 ILUVTOMH77 wrote:

I've seen that stupid ad.   This disgusting add keeps popping up!  Dead

Dr. Pimple Popper Has A New Series And I'm Equally Grossed Out And Hyped Up
LOLHave you seen the charcoal face mask and how it looks when it dries and gets peeled off?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Ditto.
And, like MrT mentions, I even look for fermenting tea (mainly green) substances in kombucha, which works as a farm for SCOBY probiotics.  Knowing what to eat together can cause amazing bodily function reactions. For example, enjoy the kombucha, which is naturally carbonated & fizzy, wait a few hours, drink a highly-caffeinated yogurt drink, wait another hour to 'pull the trigger', which is done by drinking a glass sauerkraut juice, but be next to the toilet when you do this. You will go on an all-night colon cleanse, worth every minute of the great sleep you will get and how good you will feel in the morning - as long as you wake up for potty time!

WinkUPDATE!
Slept 8 hours solid! I woke up feeling GREAT and hoooooongry!
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 4:04am
and its not just the “foods” those stupid click-bait virus-inducing adds also say stiuff like: “twelve ways you are ruining your body with these exercises” or “Nine things you should never feed your dog”
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:00am
I like this one I just made up:

"The Top 9 Internet Ads That Will Ruin Your Life.  Click Here!"

LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:50pm
Talking about bananas there's a sign in Test Drive 5 and 6 in the Cheddar Gorge Circuit. It has a picture of a banana and next to it on a black background with white lettering it reads "Go on...Have one today."

Funny, it fits the topic so well!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:30pm
Lately it has been toxic foods that are supposed to be healthy. Simple fear mongering to get people to click! Yes. Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers are members of the nightshade family. nightshade and some members of it's family are very toxic. The domesticated fruits and vegetables we normally eat are not.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Lately it has been toxic foods that are supposed to be healthy. Simple fear mongering to get people to click! Yes. Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers are members of the nightshade family. nightshade and some members of it's family are very toxic. The domesticated fruits and vegetables we normally eat are not.Angry
Time for a nice serving of Kæstur  Hákarl
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:34am
I won't eat eggplant.  It's nasty.  It's food only for people who have nothing better to eat... Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:21am
Breaded and baked eggplant parmesan is delicious.

But then, just about anything swimming in marinara sauce with mozzarella cheese melted all over it is delicious.

I used to cook the stuff when I was a teenager working in an Italian restaurant. We'd prep cook huge trays of it at a time about once per week.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic