Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Special K ad w/ button flying out of lady's blouse
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Special K ad w/ button flying out of lady's blouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special K ad w/ button flying out of lady's blouse
    Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 10:44pm
Another TV commercial from Special K. Does eating or drinking Special K products really going to help you lose weight? And what is the deal with the flying button out of the woman's red dress blouse?

Here's the commercial
Originally posted by HollyRock, the Video Gal HollyRock, the Video Gal wrote:

Nathan posted it, below:

Sponsored Links

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 11:21pm
Please wrap YouTube videos in "TUBE" tags as described here.

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 11:22pm
Yes Jesus that woman is HUGE. My lord. No wonder the buttons are flying from her enormous viking bosom.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 11:43pm
She needs gastric bypass surgery. 

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 11:44pm
She is cute.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 11:55pm
Maybe she pinched more than an inch. LOL
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe she pinched more than an inch. LOL

Blimey, Tiz! How bloody old was that ad?

At first I thought it was from MadTV, but I think it was legit.
One man gathers what another man spills
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:02am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Hilly, did we see the same video?
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Hilly, did we see the same video?

I was adding to Nathan's sarcasm.Smile

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:09am
Oh crap, getting sarcasm is the second thing to go! Dead
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:12am
LOL

not_a_dumb_dad View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not_a_dumb_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:34am
Thank God that Special K was there to save that woman from obesity!!!!

What a stupid ad...button pops off and she thinks she has to lose weight?!? When she looks fine anyhow?!?!?
Advertising is a racket, like the movies and the brokerage business. You cannot be honest without admitting that its constructive contribution to humanity is exactly minus zero.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:53am
Eating Special K is like eating air filled cardboard!! How about a nice, hot bowl of oatmeal? Now THAT sticks to your ribs!
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 12:56am
Now it would be more believable if the button snapped off around the mid section, and not her cleavage
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 2:08am
No wonder so many women suffer from eating disorders when they see images like these with an announcer telling them that they need to lose weight.
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 2:23am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

No wonder so many women suffer from eating disorders when they see images like these with an announcer telling them that they need to lose weight.

That is exactly what pisses me off about this commercial. 
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 2:33am
Originally posted by powerboy powerboy wrote:

Now it would be more believable if the button snapped off around the mid section, and not her cleavage

Well one of the perks of weight gain Confused  is that sometimes, your boobs do get much larger.  But you make a great point.   It's more feasible that we feel our clothing getting too tight in areas other than the chesticular area when gaining.  Like the buttular or waisticle areas.   Approve  
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 3:12am
testicular?
BadWX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 5:50am
I hate this ad with a passion.  It is such a stupid, ill-conceived ad.  The premise is as dumb as they get.

Having said that, I must confess that for some inexplicable reason I love Special K.  Only the regular stuff though, not the funny flavors.  I also loved Product 19 (when it was available) and Grape Nuts.

That's not to say any of those are my first choice though.  Give me Lucky Charms, Crunchberries or Buc Wheats (another defunct cereal) over the "health" stuff anyday.
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 6:19am
both of those ads are so stupid!  Those damned skinny bitches.....Angry
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic