Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual
    Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 4:39pm
These Liberty Mutual Commercials drive me insane...especially this one!...

You're driving in your car...
You're having a good day...
...and BAM! You have an accident!

I have a better version...

You're driving in your car...
Your having a good day...
...and all of a sudden...for no reason...you explode!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 6:28pm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:15pm
I kid you not, I clicked on this link, the commercial started showing on CNN. Not all that shocking since they show this damn ad every other commercial break. 

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:51pm
Yes, every other break on both CNN and FNC.

The hoodie boom-then-boom-again guy and Brad.  A couple of weeks ago it was the dumpy parallel parking lady and the news flash nobody's perfect lady.  Next week maybe it goes back to the proud papa and the how-can-my-car-depreciate-before-it's-first-oil-change guy.

I think we'll get another year of these.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:35pm
Then there's this one...

...the "black" (yeah, right) girl with the "like, totally fer sure" way of talking, who refers to tapping the bumper of a station wagon.

A what???

WTF is a "station wagon"????

Didn't they quit making those things about 3 or 4 decades ago????

I believe they replaced it with the mini van & the SUV, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, if somebody tapped the bumper of a 30 or 40 year old car...

...would the owner even bother reporting it????

Nice dialog writing there, Liberty Mutual's advertising agency & ad producers!!!!

Dumbasses.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:41pm
^LOLWhat's wrong with her? I like her and I'd LOVE to own that wagon! (one of my favorite cars was my '72 Galaxy 500 2-door)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:42pm
Jimbo, of all I could afford to drive was that old LTD, I would absolutely report it... while rubbing my back and refusing to stand erect.

Wink

Pa, you and me both. I had a Grand Marquis wagon and it was a great riding car
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:44pm
That wagon had all the room one needed in the back to take care of any old 'erect' problem, as long as ya had proper 'sheet music'...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:44pm

The closest I can think of to the station wagons of yore is the Dodge Magnum.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:46pm
^That is what the Missus wanted me to snatch up - no way - resale is too high (with too many currently out there) and I see too many with dings or on the side of the road...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:47pm
Actually, I think that is the Merc in the pic, not the Ford, and yes, they were very roomy.

I kinda miss the Magnums. They were basically 300s, but still had a cool factor to them. Couldn't see out the back though.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:48pm
Might be - same ol' 351 Windsor in them
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:50pm
Believe me, station wagons DO exist! I've seen plenty of them on my travels most of them were from the 80s and 90s not the 70s! By the way that is one nice looking station wagon (the first one)!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:53pm
Yep, ran like a champ. Got mine for $150 back in '93. Whoever worked on the tranny didn't know what the hole for the neutral safety switch was and plugged it, then when he put the tranny back under the car and found the switch he couldn't figure out where it went, so he put a copper fitting over it to hold the switch down. I found this out when the car wouldn't start and inspection revealed a loose copper fitting.

It also had a 2x4 in the rocker panel to fill the rust-out.

Them was the days.

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:56pm
Maybe I should have used this pic for my station wagon example instead...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:56pm
THE station wagon, though, the Olds Vista Cruiser 455:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:57pm
I got mine for $225 after somebody's kid puked all over the back and they couldn't get the smell out after lots of 'family efforts'. Rolled down the windows and took it straight to Cadillac dealership for an 'interior shampoo' ($50, back then) - car was good as new until we started playing 'boat games' LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:59pm

ol'Mule's pic is a Fairlane wagon, I'm sure! Real POS, but always ran.

Darthy's little Olds wagon? I'll take 2, thank you very much,Big smile
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 2:59pm
Good thing you don't still have it, they have black lights now.

Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'd say it's a Galaxy Wagon.  Looks too big for a Fairlane.  I'm talking about the white and rust one.

The first wagon pick he posted couldn't have been a Fairlane.  Too new.  They ended production of the Fairlane years earlier.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'd say it's a Galaxy Wagon.  Looks too big for a Fairlane.  I'm talking about the white and rust one.

The first wagon pick he posted couldn't have been a Fairlane.  Too new.  They ended production of the Fairlane years earlier.

White & rust with handy-dandy home-made luggage rack was the one I thought could be a Fairlane (Ford quit them around 1970), but you might be right - Galaxy 500 was smaller until Fairlane was gone, then they got larger
(mine looked exactly like this one, except it had green landau roof)
Ford Galaxie 500 1972
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:46pm
I had one of these beautys about 10 years ago. Traded a turbo Dodge Caravan for it. It was an 86 Buick with a 307. Kinda beat up and ugly but ran good. This picture is definitely not mine, but just an idea.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I had one of these beautys about 10 years ago. Traded a turbo Dodge Caravan for it. It was an 86 Buick with a 307. Kinda beat up and ugly but ran good. This picture is definitely not mine, but just an idea.

LOLI have a very good friend who *STILL* has his Buck Regal (they run so well), but should have lost it about 25 years ago when he rolled it (landed on its tires, but a little more 'rounded). He called the cops, told the someone stole his car and trashed it, but he forgot to take the beer cans out. Fingerprints are a bad thing when it comes to insurance claims and police reports (he got real lucky because they only made fun of him - in public).
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 3:56pm

White & rust with handy-dandy home-made luggage rack was the one I thought could be a Fairlane...

I believe that is a ladder & pipe rack, Pa.

If you look closely at the side of the front door, it says "MINING CONTRACTOR".

That was a workin' wagon!!!!

C'mon, man!
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 4:03pm
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic