Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No more damn NOMORE commercials!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more damn NOMORE commercials!!
    Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 8:27pm
I can't stand these F'n commercials! A bunch of Mute, fake teary eyed football players and now Hillary Swank is campaigning it!

Why can't the NFL just continually play these sh*t commercials in a loop in the players locker rooms? They're the ones chooseing to cold cock their SO's out in elevators, instead of subjecting and punishing US who are just trying to relax watching a game...
Sponsored Links

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 8:37pm
And what the hell does Hillary Swank know about domestic violence anyway..who beat her?? I remember her being married to Chad Lowe and I seriously doubt that twerp was able to beat her...she probably wore the pants in that relationship..
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:00pm
As if a goddamn ad campaign is going to make an assh*le wife-beater rethink the error of his ways. "Oh, thank you commercial, I just realized I shouldn't beat my wife. Sorry honey! I will find more adaptive coping skills for when you accidentally burn my dinner!"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:22pm

Originally posted by Dirtdog Dirtdog wrote:

And what the hell does Hillary Swank know about domestic violence anyway..who beat her?? I remember her being married to Chad Lowe and I seriously doubt that twerp was able to beat her...she probably wore the pants in that relationship..

...especially since she's a trained boxer.  Well, she played one in Million Dollar Baby, so she probably had some training, anyway.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:24pm

Maybe there should be a PSA aimed at battered women.  They can call it "Know When to Shut the F*ck Up".  

Yes, I'm kidding.

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

As if a goddamn ad campaign is going to make an assh*le wife-beater rethink the error of his ways. "Oh, thank you commercial, I just realized I shouldn't beat my wife. Sorry honey! I will find more adaptive coping skills for when you accidentally burn my dinner!"

Exactly...and this whole "silence and crying" to me is just aggravating had these commercials just discussed domestic violence I probably wouldn't have posted this thread...there are 5 things that really aggravate me in commercials and they are

1.whispering
2.shouting
3.annoying jingle/song
4.silence
5.Flo
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 9:48pm
For @#$%s sake how does this silence and crying stop the battering of women? Don't just stand there and whimper. SPIT IT OUT! WHATS NEXT? Are other victims just gonna sit there in front of the camera and say nothing? Is this the best that they got? Is this the pinnacle of "great" commercials WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:02pm
Here's another one with Cris Carter not saying a damn thing and crying...C'mon Man

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:25pm
Oh brother!

Is this the future of PSAs?

I remember when people talked about PSAS that were dark and creepy. They said they were unforgettable. Maybe they need to be like that again!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:39pm

I don't understand all the on-camera blubbering.  Are they all auditioning for a role or something?

8MorDaz2Halloween View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:42pm

I can't stand these F'n commercials! A bunch of Mute, fake teary eyed football players and now Hillary Swank is campaigning it!

Why can't the NFL just continually play these sh*t commercials in a loop in the players locker rooms? They're the ones chooseing to cold cock their SO's out in elevators, instead of subjecting and punishing US who are just trying to relax watching a game...

Oh Puh-leeze!!!  In a way this campaign is perpetuating the "silence about domestic violence" problem because . . . THEY'RE NOT TALKING!  (Also referencing the black guy's PSA from below (don't know who the hell he is).)

Hilary Swank?  Battered woman?  That's why they call them actors!  They're acting!  Why not get a real rape victim to come on for the PSA.  There are plenty of real actresses who have been really raped and/or affected by DV.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:45pm

Here's another one with Cris Carter not saying a damn thing and crying...C'mon Man

A better way to serve the public with a PSA would be to:

1.  Warn women to not get involved with batterers!

2.  TALK about what the signs are to prevent the women from getting involved with batterers in the first place!

This "speechless" crap does nothing to help the problem.  It's just another way to get actors in your face.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 11:02pm
^Exactly!!!!!
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by 8MorDaz2Halloween 8MorDaz2Halloween wrote:

Oh Puh-leeze!!!  In a way this campaign is perpetuating the "silence about domestic violence" problem because . . . THEY'RE NOT TALKING!  (Also referencing the black guy's PSA from below (don't know who the hell he is).)

Hilary Swank?  Battered woman?  That's why they call them actors!  They're acting!  Why not get a real rape victim to come on for the PSA.  There are plenty of real actresses who have been really raped and/or affected by DV.

I understand what they're "trying" to do but that doesn't make it any less annoying in a commercial...
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 11:23pm

When "your man" gets $400k+ pay checks every week during the season you can warn these gold diggers all you want, but they become pretty f**king tolerant to just about anything short of death..that is of course until about 5 years after the player retires and they've gone through their millions...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 11:27pm
^^ That, and the newest Ray Rice video saga continued showing they were getting off on each other after the cold cock in the elevator.  Let's just say it's a new twist on Aerosmith's "Love In An Elevator."  Wink    RR & Wife have a weird relationship, and I don't just mean being a denier and golddigger.  Wink
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 11:28pm

2.  TALK about what the signs are to prevent the women from getting involved with batterers in the first place!

This "speechless" crap does nothing to help the problem.  It's just another way to get actors in your face.

Thumbs Up You took the words right out of my mouth!
Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:26am
I am still bothered to this day that I sat by and allowed my then stepfather to beat the crap out of my mother. I was young, but I wasn't a baby, and should have protected my mother.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:38am

Originally posted by Monica Monica wrote:

I am still bothered to this day that I sat by and allowed my then stepfather to beat the crap out of my mother. I was young, but I wasn't a baby, and should have protected my mother.

Maybe she deserved it.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8MorDaz2Halloween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe she deserved it.

He had to put up with Mommy's extra baggage (Monica).

Yeah, I seem to recall you coming up with this bogus bullsCensoredt story here before.

OperatorStandingBy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OperatorStandingBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:11am
According to most of the media, DV is only something that men do to women.

Nothing to see here, move along.   

Now, excuse me while I go iron my own shirt and make my own sandwich. ;)
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:20am

No more "bystanding"
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:35am
The first one they did was fine. But the sighing and crying and choking up is a joke. Those are seriously embarrassing. In no way are their "reactions" believable. They are disconnected from any specific story of abuse or anything real. This campaign jumped the shark. They need to pull all of these ads, fire their ad agency, and start over.
Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:38am
No, Mom did not deserve it. I recall one instance, she spent the day cooking for him, only for him to get drunk at a f-cking bar and come home and beat the crap put of her and even try to throw salt in her eyes! I can't believe I just stood there watching. I really should have kicked his ass for beating her up!
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:45am
Hate these commercials.  The silence makes me feel uncomfortable.  The fake tears make it even worse.  Maybe the goal of these commercials is to make people feel uncomfortable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic