Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh NO! Yellow tail is back again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh NO! Yellow tail is back again!
    Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 2:34pm

Maybe it's just on a local basis, but I just noticed a deluge of those obnoxious Yellow Tail wine commercials this past weekend. I only saw them on a local station, so maybe it's hasn't become a national epidemic yet.

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 2:41pm

The woman who says "I'll have the Yellowtail" sounds like a bitch.  Who'd even want her at their party?

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 4:01pm
Nah, they're nationwide.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 5:31pm
Gag this makes me wanna puke!!!!!!

Why did the lady say "I'll have the Yellowtail" twice????? Argh!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 2:04am
The detached monotone is extremely creepy to me. For reasons I don't quite know.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 2:18am
I agree!  That woman sounds bitchy, drunk and drugged, and the voice has a creepy, hollow  element to it that just kills the otherwise mildly  amusing, "retro" aspect of the ad.  She sounds as though she's talking through the wall of a crypt!  Bleechhh!  

CapeCat
Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 8:51am
Darn you, Cape Cat! I didn't have to pee before I read your post, and now I do.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 3:28pm
She kind of sounds like a very bad impression of "Lovey" (Mrs. Thurston Howell III) from Gilligans Island
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 1:59am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

I agree!  That woman sounds bitchy, drunk and drugged, and the voice has a creepy, hollow  element to it that just kills the otherwise mildly  amusing, "retro" aspect of the ad.  She sounds as though she's talking through the wall of a crypt!  Bleechhh!  

Now I'm creeped out because I'm thinking of The Cask Of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 4:58am
Never the wrong time.... for the right wine!  This Sangria is FABULOUSLY fruity!  I'll have the yellowtail!

I think they're going for the whole retro radio recording thing.  You almost expect the lady to start going on a rant about those damn Japs and Krauts, just before complaining about how short skirts, like those lady ballplayers wear, are the end of humanity as we know it.  Plus they're simultaneously trying to sound like some hoity-toity proper fancy lady, but it just comes off as completely snobby.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 5:18am
^That's close to the vibe I always get.

Never touch Sangria, but they do a fairly good Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz.

I tend to alternate between Yellowtail and Little Penguin. They're low cost but good tasting Australian wines. I pretty much go the YT route for the 1.5 litre bottles and LP for when I just want a little bit now-and-then.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 2:22pm

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

She kind of sounds like a very bad impression of "Lovey" (Mrs. Thurston Howell III) from Gilligans Island

Lovey was kind of a sweetheart, though.  I'd say she's more like Endora from Bewitched.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:04pm
The only thing I hate worse than upscale yuppie douchebags is advertising that panders to upscale yuppie douchebags & their upscale yuppie douchebaggery.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:16pm

I'm annoyed by that pointless use of brackets.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:19pm
You can count me in that bracket as well.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 3:45pm
^[what's-wrong-with-it-,-you-two-?]
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 6:42pm
I don't get this racket over the brackets...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:21pm
Crappy commercial for crappy wine
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Nothing about this commercial would make me want to try the wine.

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:42am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

It's a pointless attempt to relate to upscale yuppie douchebaggery!  Wink

Aevangeline View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aevangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

She does! She seems like some annoying posh lady who would compliment you and then laugh at your outfit or something when you're not looking.
Sealing her in a crypt *would* make her shut up about the Yellowtail, at least.
"B-But the metal forks taste bad!"
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:55pm
I "won" a bottle of this at a Christmas party a few years ago. Piss water.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

It's a pointless attempt to relate to upscale yuppie douchebaggery!  Wink

WinkYuppers! I said something about these folks some time back (but I sure am glad Cap'nE cranked up a new thread on these clowns!)....===>Direct Link To This Post
Maybe they could go back to their 'pre-bracket' days....===>Direct Link To This Post
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic