Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Fads Of Life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:38pm
LOL
It's hard to beat toilet humor.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:47pm
^^ Speaking of, Garbage Pail had plenty of toilet related ones.  Up Chuck, Heavin' Steven, Scotty Potty, Spencer Dispenser, and Dire Rita are a few LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 5:20pm
Bell bottom pants

Earth shoes

The Magic 8 Ball

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 5:25pm
Parachute pants:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 5:54pm
Sears Toughskins!

(and in later years)

Danskin skirts and Candies shoes enclosed in a fog of Love's baby Soft and lips globbed up with Bonnie Bell.

High heeled clogs with faux fur lining.

Capezios
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 6:23pm
How about those games like 'spin the bottle' and 'truth or dare'?
Now I have the games young people play in my head...

Uno
Flinch
Chutes and Ladders
Monopoly

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 6:48pm
Red Rover (it was banned by the time I was in school though I believe)
Mother May I?
Hide and Seek
Hide the Salami - oh wait, that's a different type of game altogether Shocked

Actually come to think of it, those last 2 games can be one in the same if you and a girl find a good enough hiding spot.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 7:10pm
More games:

Mousetrap! (goddamn thing never worked for us)
Mystery Date (the bum was the best looking)
Life (we used to chew the heads off of the peg people)
Trouble (pop O Matic!)
Booby Trap (the wooden one - where we used to dare our siblings to stick their hands in and see if they were quick enough to pull them out).
Which Witch?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 7:14pm
Booby Trap, How did I forget that game?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 7:17pm
^^ Yeah the Mousetrap thing was cheaply made - a pain in the ass to build the contraption, and all for nothing.

Clue Big smile   The movie rendition of that one was awfully good, too.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 7:39pm
Oh I remember when my sister got "Masterpiece" - I actually started looking at art after that!

I had Toss Across which I thought was coolest things.

More stuff we/my family/friends got for Christmases in the 60s, 70s and 80s...

Schwinn bicycle
Banana seat bicycle
Marval the Mustang
Krazy Kart
Big Wheel
Rock Em Sock Em Robots (Beloved got me another set about 10 years ago)
Time Bomb (my sister chipped a tooth on that game).
Hoppity Horse

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That was the original name of a topless nightclub that opened up here in the Orlando area back in the 70's.

The building, which has been in the news the last couple of days because the city of Winter Park, where it's located, has finally succeeded in getting all the legalities in place to tear it down, which they have been wanting to do for years, has been considered an infamous local landmark for decades because of it's rather "unique" design.

You can see why...

Pilots still use it as a navigational landmark, too...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 9:51pm
^^ Nice LOL  That reminds me of The Naked Gun:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 10:07pm

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 10:11pm
^Both are hilarious!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That was the original name of a topless nightclub that opened up here in the Orlando area back in the 70's.

The building, which has been in the news the last couple of days because the city of Winter Park, where it's located, has finally succeeded in getting all the legalities in place to tear it down, which they have been wanting to do for years, has been considered an infamous local landmark for decades because of it's rather "unique" design.

You can see why...

Pilots still use it as a navigational landmark, too...

It looks like a mammary mosque.

Monica View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 1:29pm
Tamagotchi and Giga Pets were huge fads when I was in middle school. I had a Tamagotchi dog, and it barked for food in the middle of a test! LOL. I ignored it and played cool, but, the Tamagotchi dog continued barking! I desperately hoped my teachers would think it was a real life dog, but one of the teachers remarked that the barking didn't sound like a real dog, it sounded like a virtual dog. I confessed that the barking was coming from my Tamagotchi dog and fed it. It finally stopped barking after it was fed. LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic